Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thank you HANNIP and everyone else who had a hand in this (none of whom were myself I might add). You have no idea the good you have done for so many people, on ALL wm5 phones!

Here it goes:

First download & install RESCO FILE EXPLORER and RESCO registry editor (http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/default.asp ) you may download the free trial if you wish.

Now download the Palm SMS Thread Beta 4 cab file (sorry, I cannot post it here)

Install cab file to your device. If it prompts you to reset after install, go ahead. If not reset manually.

After restart, open resco file explorer. Set Resco to "display all files." Go to My Device/Program Files/Palm Messaging. Highlight all files and select "COPY." Now open your My Device/Windows directory and paste all files here. This will overwrite ROM files, so make sure you have "display all files" selected.

Go ahead and reset again. When up and running , open the "messaging" app by clivcking on the new today screen plugin for text messages.

NOTE: MMS still has issues. Start a chat, make sure subsequent messages after a chat has been started w/that person do not sit in your "outbox" for an extended period of time.

******THE REST DOES NOT APPLY TO BETA4, THESE MODS ARE INCLUDED WITH THE NEW BETA!*****

SPRINT AND VERIZON users: Go into the new app: menu, options, advanced, manual, edit. Change email center number to: 6245.

Now you should be done. Test it by sending an SMS to a cell number and email address.

Known workarounds:
    No outlook plugin anymore? Go here and sownload the today.zip file:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=786
    Open the resco registry editor, select IMPORT, and locate this file above where you saved it. Reset after a few minutes (or by using a 3rd party reset app) and that should fix your problem.

Missing the outlook shortcut in your start menu? Simply copy and paste tmail.exe
    Go to My Device/Windows, find TMAIL>EXE and select "copy."
    Go to My device/Start Menu/Programs. "PASTE SHORTCUT" in this folder. Rename it to "outlook," "inbox," "mail," or any other name you would want for the program.
    To complete, from today go to START-SETTINGS-MENUS and select your personally named outlook program.
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/07/2006 at 09:55 PM.
    Good job!
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Straight to the point write up...Thank you!!
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  4.    #4  
    Thank you both, I would like this to be a sticky if possible for a week or so, because everyone is losing their minds with this! Septimus?

I'm going to finish work. Game seven anyone?????

LETS....GO....METS!!!!

Note: I edited the Verizon email gateway number
    Nice tutorial
    NICE! Thanks for taking the time!
    Stuck
    Great job for posting this, it will help a lot of people
    Jimmie Geddes
    Maybe you guys can help me understand this.

The weird thing is I can send emails through sms (although I am trying to text my 700p, not entering an email address entering my 700p's phone#) and they get received(after following Littlepat's great instructions of changing the network config email center and mms urls), just not as texts, but as emails. I send like I'm sending a text to my treo 700p cellphone number, but my 700p doesn't get a text message it gets a new email message from my 700wx's phone #. When texting starts working for me will it revert back to sending the text message and not an email? Should I change it back to automatic? I am so confused,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Does Sprint have a SMS MessageCenter #?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Does Sprint have a SMS MessageCenter #?
    Yes.

Sprint USA +1-7044100000

Though it is not at all clear that we need that number or entering will make a difference.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Where can I find the d/l and a where is my registry editor? I'm new to the whole WM5 thing.
    I searched the referenced thread but can't find smstrigger.zip.

If it's still around can someone please point me to the exact post? Thanx!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    You can get the smstrigger file from this post

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...126746&page=12
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Do the txt messages still sit in the outbox when sent when a message is threaded, or is this fixed yet?
    Read through all the info here and in the other thread, and took the plunge. Followed all the info in this thread. Same problem as everyone else it seems. When responding to a message that's already been threaded, it hangs in the outbox. Using the email gateway to successfuly txt to verizon numbers from sprint. Attempted to send mms and got the out of memory error. I uninstalled arcsoft mms prior to installing palm messaging.

Only other problem is other programs attempting to acces the normal messaging system. SBP Diary shows all the messages in the old txt program. Played with my friends 650 yesterday...so simple and responsive and easy and bright! I kind of miss it....
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Read through all the info here and in the other thread, and took the plunge. Followed all the info in this thread. Same problem as everyone else it seems. When responding to a message that's already been threaded, it hangs in the outbox. Using the email gateway to successfuly txt to verizon numbers from sprint. Attempted to send mms and got the out of memory error. I uninstalled arcsoft mms prior to installing palm messaging.

Only other problem is other programs attempting to acces the normal messaging system. SBP Diary shows all the messages in the old txt program. Played with my friends 650 yesterday...so simple and responsive and easy and bright! I kind of miss it....
    I hear ya man, it really sucks, but just thing of how much you would miss with the Palm OS. Just set the options to "never" thread the chat and it will work. Not sure about the SPB diary workaround though
    Why does my old inbox show up when I hit messaging on my screen? I have 700w
    On my treo, txt messages, are not part of the standard messaging program anymore. The messaging button cycles through all of my email accounts only.

Did you rename the folders as described in the first post? Some people say that even if they did, they re-appear after a reset. I haven't had that problem.

Hang tight though. I think there might be a another cab file out shortly.
    This is great! What would be the settings for T-mobile?
    iPhone 8GB on T-Mo
Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast