Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 478
  1. #101  
    I don't have poutlook in my startup, however I just received a text message that reverted to the old system. Do I need to do a hard reset to get rid of it?
  2. #102  
    hmm, weird. I have yet to run into that problem. I wonder if it's because I never kill the palm app. Sorry I don't know of another way to clear the poutlook text inbox without uninstalling the palm app and removing the rom files then reinstall after clearing them with poutlook. It's easier to hard reset and restore a recent backup.
  3. #103  
    I performed the patch and tested and it works great. However, I failed to delete my old messages before doing the update. As a consequence I now have two Text Message indicator lines on the home screen - one is the new one and one is the old one that says I have 1 unread message. If I click either one, it takes me to the new one where there are no unread messages. How do I delete that old one?
    sexygogoboy
  4. #104  
    same thing happened to me, move the 13 files from windows dir back over to program file\palm messaging or somewhere else, reboot, then you can use the old inbox to delete them. then move the files back and reboot.
  5. #105  
    I followed all the steps diagrammed in the first post, but I was a bit lost when I got to this part:

    "Go ahead and reset again. When up and running , open the "messaging" app by clicking on the new today screen plugin for text messages."

    Is the today screen plugin the same thing as hitting the left softkey below "Messaging"?

    Also, every few minutes I get a message that says:

    "A problem has occurred with tmail.exe"

    It gives me the option to send a note to Microsoft about the message. I backed everything up and tried again, but I started getthing the same error message. Also, I tried sending myself a text message using SprintUsers.com's messaging service, but I never received it.

    I know I sound like a noob, but I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Zach
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I don't have poutlook in my startup, however I just received a text message that reverted to the old system. Do I need to do a hard reset to get rid of it?
    I actually checked my windows folder and I have two poutlook's listed one that is 6k and the other is 14b which one is the right one?
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post

    Also, every few minutes I get a message that says:

    "A problem has occurred with tmail.exe"

    It gives me the option to send a note to Microsoft about the message. I backed everything up and tried again, but I started getthing the same error message. Also, I tried sending myself a text message using SprintUsers.com's messaging service, but I never received it.

    I know I sound like a noob, but I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Zach
    I used to get this as well, I haven't figured out what the exact cause was, however I did a restore from a friends backup and haven't had that error. If you figure it out can you let me know as well.
  8. #108  
    bump
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I actually checked my windows folder and I have two poutlook's listed one that is 6k and the other is 14b which one is the right one?
    If you turn on display of file extensions you will see that the two files are:
    poutlook.exe
    poutlook.lnk

    They are both the right one.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I used to get this as well, I haven't figured out what the exact cause was, however I did a restore from a friends backup and haven't had that error. If you figure it out can you let me know as well.
    That error is most likely due to a failure to copy the 750's tmail.exe and maybe other rom files that are suppose to be manually copied after install of the Palm Messaging cab.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    bump
    kinda hard to bump a sticky thread.

    But it got my attention so it worked I guess.
  12. #112  
    ok the install went fine and all works great a few scarey moments but all good. Now I am looking to change the ringtone or sound when a new message comes in how do I do that?If you goto Start / Programs / Sounds / Notifications / Event : Messaging: New Text Message that does not work anymore. It is grabbing a ringtone from who knows where and i can not find where you can specify one.
  13. #113  
    goto start/programs/sounds/notifications/event:messaging: palm messaging app
  14. #114  
    veronicamays Thanks

    How the heck did I miss that *Grin*

    Just a little correction so others are not confused.
    start/programs/sounds/notifications/event:New Messaging (palm messaging app)
  15. #115  
    Wow, so glad to have this feature back after giving up my 700P. Thanks to all who put in the effort. Is there a way to get delivery receipts? on the 700P, the message would get a little check next to it when it was actually delivered (then freeze up the phone for eternity, but that's one of the reasons I switched). This feature is limited for my Verizon sending to another Verizon, but still useful on occasion. I have Request Delivery Receipt checked but see no obvious indication that a delivery receipt has been processed. Thanks for any help.
  16. #116  
    I just hard reset my phone when I install threaded sms do I install it to device or card sorry I cant remember. I already know I have to move some files to the rom so i'm not that bad off.
  17. #117  
    Install to the device. All the files end up in \Windows folder.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    I followed all the steps diagrammed in the first post, but I was a bit lost when I got to this part:

    "Go ahead and reset again. When up and running , open the "messaging" app by clicking on the new today screen plugin for text messages."

    Is the today screen plugin the same thing as hitting the left softkey below "Messaging"?

    Also, every few minutes I get a message that says:

    "A problem has occurred with tmail.exe"

    It gives me the option to send a note to Microsoft about the message. I backed everything up and tried again, but I started getthing the same error message. Also, I tried sending myself a text message using SprintUsers.com's messaging service, but I never received it.

    I know I sound like a noob, but I'm usually pretty good with this sort of thing. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    Zach
    Make sure that you used copy and not copy to as I was using copy to and got the error however when I did a hard reset and used the copy option I no longer have the problem.
  19. #119  
    Help! Installed this and lost my phone function. Getting "cprog is not a valid Pocket PC application."

    Verizon Bar is missing. However, my phone just synced with our Exchange Server...so the phone is working behind the scenes.

    Please HELP! What did I just do?
  20. #120  
    See what I get for not reading the README that I don't have with me right now. After searching the PPCGeeks site thread, I found my problem and deleted the 13 items.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions