Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    This is a Must Have for all Treo 700's W or WX. I personally have the W and it works fantastically! Because Verizon has a functioning MMS app that is NOT AT ALL affected by this patch, it would be really cool to get the two to integrate, i.e. when you select the dropdown to add vids or pics, it launches the MMS app, or something like that.
    Anyway, great job, Thanx!
    Yup... you were right Hannip and Stroths, I didnt transfer the files over right.. I transfered the files, but they were in windows\palm messaging.... DOH. XD

Alls good, and theres not a single bug anymore, ^_^ Well cept the MMS thing, but I can live with that since theres that other MMS app that works pretty well, and I wasnt planning on threading MMS much anyhow XD
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ok guys im missing something here. im coming from a 700p so excuse the question.

when i gte the zip for the beta 4 plugin, i open it. when i open it it says plam threaded sms.cab. i clik on the cab and it open up a window with setup.exe thing. when i click on that it asked me for a location to install.

what am i missing here? on the other apps i installed, they just go rigt into the phone.

thanks for any help.
    Most cab files you install on the phone will give you an option to install to the device or the storage card. In this case, you will pick the device. You will later copy these files to a different location, but follow the instructions and you will be ok.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    ahhh so i gotta instalt it directly to the device, not from the computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    ahhh so i gotta instalt it directly to the device, not from the computer?
    Exactly. Might I also suggest you make a directory on your SD card for all the cabs you install. It's a great way to keep all your program install files handy in case you ever need to install again.
    exe are on the pc to be installed to the ppc through activesync.

cab files are can be emailed or transferred to the ppc and then installed from the ppc on the pcc.

did I make any since?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    excellent. idea.

im doing it right now.

thanks.

by the way i got it to go without a problem...i certainly didnt take me 30 seconds though.

i am VERY happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Exactly. Might I also suggest you make a directory on your SD card for all the cabs you install. It's a great way to keep all your program install files handy in case you ever need to install again.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    one last question. when you dload something, what is the default directory to where it goes on the treo?

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    exe are on the pc to be installed to the ppc through activesync.

cab files are can be emailed or transferred to the ppc and then installed from the ppc on the pcc.

did I make any since?
    Typically the default folder is My Documents. Resco Explorer has a nice Find feature if you need to search for a misplaced file.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Typically the default folder is My Documents. Resco Explorer has a nice Find feature if you need to search for a misplaced file.
    what I do is I created a folder called "temp". this is where I downlooad everything. if I want to save it for good I copy it from here to a safer place. weekly I check this temp folder and delete its contents.

please send me the appropriate link. sorry i'm a newbie coming from a 650.
    Last edited by OriTreo; 11/27/2006 at 09:31 AM.
    So...I'm assuming since I havn't seen it mentioned for some time that the hanging on sending messages has been fixed.

Out of curiosity, did the SMS patch fix that problem or did someone find out what file or setting was missing on the new app to fix the problem?

Sorry, I'm sure it's out there somewhere but I can't seem to find the info I'm curious about.
    The sms patch had nothing to do with it. It was related to the backlevel rom files on pre-AKU2.3 devices. The fix was to copy some of the system files from the treo 750 along with the Palm Messaging files.
    Ok so I just installed the beta4...Only problem I'm having is replying to sms messages coming from emails...I can recieve them fine, just not able to reply...I was able to do this prior to the beta4 installation...Anyone have an ideas?
    Has anyone noticed the poutlook.lnk randomly popping up in the startup folder? I have seen this a few times and I delete it each time then soft reset. I wonder if something is triggering poutlook to put that link there.
    Has anyone noticed the poutlook.lnk randomly popping up in the startup folder? I have seen this a few times and I delete it each time then soft reset. I wonder if something is triggering poutlook to put that link there.
    It's been gone since I initially removed it. Are you sure it isn't saved on your backup and getting restored?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill.Lumberg View Post
    Ok so I just installed the beta4...Only problem I'm having is replying to sms messages coming from emails...I can recieve them fine, just not able to reply...I was able to do this prior to the beta4 installation...Anyone have an ideas?
    I don't think I've ever had someone email me an sms before, but when I send one to myself I can reply ok. Maybe it's a problem from a specific carrier? Details please.
    Hannip,
    I thought that might be the case last time, but I haven't done a restore for a few weeks. It happened after that, so I figured I had that in my image and deleted it again. It was working fine until today when new messages started routing to the old inbox. I deleted the link today, so hopefully it won't come back.
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast