Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    hard reset and click on the backup file you want to restore from file explorer.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks. Now for the ***** question of the day: How do I hard reset? I just know how to do a soft reset.

thanks, josh
    hold the red off/end button down while sticking your styus into the reset hole next to the battery. You should get an are you sure you want to wipe out your data type of prompt. Push up on the dpad to confirm.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Will this remove all the programs I've installed or just data?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhkaplan View Post
    Will this remove all the programs I've installed or just data?
    It removes everything you've installed and any other modification you've made to your treo since. I assume your backup is on your sd card or it will get wiped also. The restore will put your treo back to where it was when you backed it up so any programs you had installed at that time will be restored. No need to reinstall anything.
    Is it really worth putting that app on the 700wx? I have been reading that people have to do hard reset after an install. And would some one be kind enough to send me the app. xplod4202@gmail.com not a patch that have been released by palm, but the threadit app.
    I finally got around to doing this.

Took 30 seconds and it's working perfectly.
    xplod4202...check out my post in this thread from yesterday around 7:30. I provided a download location there.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is there a way to change the left soft key to Messaging instead of SMS by default?
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Is there a way to change the left soft key to Messaging instead of SMS by default?
    The registry settings that affect the left softkey are these:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]
    @="SMS"
    "Open"="\\Windows\\messaging.exe"

If you want it to say something other than SMS you can just change the text.

If you want the default old behavior you can remove these reg entries.
    If you want a control panel app that will control the left softkey, check out the post by g-funkster at http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...hlight=softkey
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Will this work flawlessly on a 700w with verizon? do i need to input any special settings for verizon? And does this group them up in red and blue font similar to a instant message?
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    Will this work flawlessly on a 700w with verizon? do i need to input any special settings for verizon? And does this group them up in red and blue font similar to a instant message?
    Exactly like an IM, but not red and blue. You will like it.

Not sure if MMS will work, but the SMS part will work flawlessly. You shouldn't require any more setup than a Sprint phone would
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Ok so basically sending picture messages doesnt work if i enable that patch is what your saying? how about receving ringtones and such in messages. I jus want to weigh out what i get....

if i do the patch then i get the grouped text messages but i cant send multimedia messages....

but if i leave it stock then i wont be able to use grouped messages and il be able to send mms?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    Ok so basically sending picture messages doesnt work if i enable that patch is what your saying? how about receving ringtones and such in messages. I jus want to weigh out what i get....

if i do the patch then i get the grouped text messages but i cant send multimedia messages....

but if i leave it stock then i wont be able to use grouped messages and il be able to send mms?
    You need a 3rd party app (other than this) to send MMS. You can do this with or without the threading app, but THIS APP SPECIFICALLY doesn't support it (yet).

The "patch" does not affect Verizon in any way, shape or form. Forget about the patch, to you it doesn't exist.

The program will THREAD your SMS'es instead of them appearing as emails. That is what it does, and that is ALL it does. I don't know about groups, or anything like that. Ringtones are not supported by this device. MP3's are. You split up an mp3 into a 30 second clip you like and use it. Your choice of which part of the song, your choice in length, and its FREE. So forget about ringtones also.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Oh so even if i dont use the threading app, i still need a third party app to send MMS?
  17.    #77  
    You got it
    It seems very buggy on my phone and has a habit to crash the program whenever I press left or up on the 5way navigator... was there something installed wrong? Also sending MMS's from this of anykind doesnt work, and for the ones it almost works it gives me out of memory errors which are untrue...

Now I have another MMS ap that works right (that I installed after I ran into these problems) so all is not lost...

but the pressing up, or pressing left crash in the text box for typing a reply is rather odd... and it kinda forces me into useing two hands to use this app cause I have to use the scrollwith the pen.
    SpitFire, the symptoms you describe tell me you haven't copied all 13 hidden rom files from \Program Files\Palm Messaging folder to the \Windows folder. Make sure you have Resco set to show all files and try copying them over again.
    In addition to what hannip just stated, the MMS does not work and it mentions it on the download page as well. That is a work in progress.
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast