Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    try starting from the picture you want to send instead the message you want to send a picture with. does this make since.
    I've tried this before only to get the same out of memory error. Looks like the arcsoft mms is what we have to settle for... at least for now.
    I am up to 5 unread text messages in the old notification area, but none in the new area. When I click the 5 new messages it goes to the threaded SMS program and there are no new messages. Can anyone help with this?
    Are you getting any text messages in the threaded sms? If not there was a problem with the install. I would hard reset, restore from before the install and reinstall following the instructions in the HowTo immediately after a soft reset. There can be problems copying the rom files if the mail app was already opened before the install is run.

If you are just accumulating some texts in the poutlook mail app occasionally then make sure you delete poutlook from your startup folder and use spb diary to view and delete the leaked texts.
    Is there another alternative to using Resco to copy the files over? I did that and while it works fine it also costs $$. I just deleted my 700w and don't want to install the trial version again. Is there any free app that will work to do this?
    Total Commander is the free alternative. The latest beta version is here.

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=11025
    Read the entire post, installed the messaging app on my 700w. Works great; however, are the delivery reports as well as the cb# features gone with the messaging app? Not a big deal, but was just wondering. Mine shows a purple question mark in the sent text and it says "delivery report requested" but it never updates. People are indeed getting my texts, within VZW network and outside as well. Thanks to all who have helped make this thing possible! It's awesome.
    I see there are options for delivery reports and cb#, but I've never used them and don't know if they work. They didn't seem to do anything when I changed the settings, although I'm not sure what exactly is suppose to happen.
    My device will never boot back up after performing the copy and paste to the windows directory using Resco file explorer and resetting. Are there any suggestions? I have tried it twice and had to restore both times. 700wx Sprint.
    Make sure you aren't pasting shortcuts. I use the Copy To dialog using Resco Explorer. Select all files in \Program Files\Palm Messaging, click and hold on the selected files and choose Copy To... when the popup appears. Select \Windows as the destination. Accept all of the scary warnings.

Make sure you do the cab install/copy immediately after a soft reset to avoid having files locked or you will have problems with the copy.
    Can someone please help me out. I have an 8525 on Cingular and have installed the beta 4 cab, resco explorer, and resco registry editor. I have followed the steps, all the way to copying and pasting the files in the window directory. When I try and paste the 13 files however, it says "a system file named 'htmlnote' already exists". When I agree to replace it, it says "Cannot copy 'htmlnote'; Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use". I followed each step very carefully. I did a hard reset, made sure no programs were running, installed resco's, then cab, then copy, but I can't paste the 13 files.

I would appreciate any help that you can offer with this. I am at about 6 hours of reading through multiple sites and can't figure it out. The SMS seems to work though, kind of, I can't send SMS to an email address anymore. I also have two messaging inboxes (inbox, and inbox(1) in my programs menu.

What am I doing wrong. Sorry, I am not very computer savvy, although I try to keep up. I just really miss this feature from my treo 700p and would really like it to work on my 8525.

Thank you (sorry for the long post)
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by trayoh600 View Post
    Can someone please help me out. I have an 8525 on Cingular and have installed the beta 4 cab, resco explorer, and resco registry editor. I have followed the steps, all the way to copying and pasting the files in the window directory. When I try and paste the 13 files however, it says "a system file named 'htmlnote' already exists". When I agree to replace it, it says "Cannot copy 'htmlnote'; Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and the file is not currently in use". I followed each step very carefully. I did a hard reset, made sure no programs were running, installed resco's, then cab, then copy, but I can't paste the 13 files.

I would appreciate any help that you can offer with this. I am at about 6 hours of reading through multiple sites and can't figure it out. The SMS seems to work though, kind of, I can't send SMS to an email address anymore. I also have two messaging inboxes (inbox, and inbox(1) in my programs menu.

What am I doing wrong. Sorry, I am not very computer savvy, although I try to keep up. I just really miss this feature from my treo 700p and would really like it to work on my 8525.

Thank you (sorry for the long post)
    You didn't read enough! For an 8525, you install the cab. Done. Nothing else. You will have to fix the network settings in the program, but that's done after the program is installed.

Run .cab on device.

Soft reset phone.

Enjoy
    Can someone send me the beta4 cab. jeremy@levelbest.com I've been putting off adding this for months but I want to get it working.
    Last edited by jeremy3721; 01/19/2007 at 06:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've installed Palm Messaging, and now I have a new entry on my Today screen; one for my Inbox (email and mms), and another for the Palm Messaging App. The problem is that I seem to have a single, unread text message left in my Inbox, and no way to remove it - short of no including the Inbox on my Today screen.

Is there anyway to reset this count ? (Short of a hard reset, making sure all text messages are unread, and re-installing).

- JP
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella View Post
    I've installed Palm Messaging, and now I have a new entry on my Today screen; one for my Inbox (email and mms), and another for the Palm Messaging App. The problem is that I seem to have a single, unread text message left in my Inbox, and no way to remove it - short of no including the Inbox on my Today screen.

Is there anyway to reset this count ? (Short of a hard reset, making sure all text messages are unread, and re-installing).

- JP

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=133919
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Sorry that I didn't find this thread on my own - I wound up doing a hard reset, restoring and re-installing.

Thanks again!

- JP
    Well (as I posted separately) I have quite a time trying to set up this software. I just want to warn anyone who is not dying to have threaded sms and may not be prepared to put a lot of time into the setup to steer clear of this. I've had all kinds of problems after trying to install it (I may have created some myself) but just be prepared.
    I've had the threaded messaging since the beginning and I love it. All of a sudden I noticed today that on the today screen the text messaging is showing 1 new text message that doesn't exist within the same area as my email. (separate from the palm messaging area) Is there something that I need to look for before I go through the hassle of a hard reset and reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by pastortroy View Post
    I've had the threaded messaging since the beginning and I love it. All of a sudden I noticed today that on the today screen the text messaging is showing 1 new text message that doesn't exist within the same area as my email. (separate from the palm messaging area) Is there something that I need to look for before I go through the hassle of a hard reset and reinstall?
    do you have poutlook in you windows startup folder? this was one of the causes.

otherwise checkout this thread. hannip had a work around that was in the second post of that thread.

hope this helps, cody
    hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the threaded app version that does not bind the left soft key. if so, I would GREATLY appreciate any tips/advice.

Thanks!
    I did delete poutlook, but I will try the spb diary solution. Once installed, where do I look for the leaked message?