1.    #1  
    Just got my 750v today and installed Goodlink with OTA provisioning. It worked fine until I rebooted and all I got was a grey bar at the top and it was unresponsive. I tried again twice more with the same result. Nothing else is on teh Treo. It must be something to do with the GL launcher. A hard reset fixes it. The GL version is 4.7.0.25. There may be a more recent version of GL but I have no control over that since it is an OTA install from according to my company's server version. Any one have any ideas to fix this? I assume that if I could do a certain registry edit it could fix it. If I only knew whatto do. Or am I just stuck until my company upgrades it server software? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    they need to update to the latest goodlink client on the server

which is 4.9.1.55, the 4.7 as far as i know was a pre WM5 release, which will cause problems

tell them they need to do this, its a simple 2 minute upgrade ,and they dont need to upgrade their server software either
  3.    #3  
    I'm with a global company of 130,000 people. No way IT will do that just because I ask. Is there any way I can install the latest GL client directly? I looked on GL's site but couldn't figure out how to do that. Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
    they need to update to the latest goodlink client on the server

which is 4.9.1.55, the 4.7 as far as i know was a pre WM5 release, which will cause problems

tell them they need to do this, its a simple 2 minute upgrade ,and they dont need to upgrade their server software either

Our version of GL supports the 700w, 700wx and the TMO MDA. But, IT says Those are all WM5 so I don't see why the 750v won't work. But, I have an unsupported device so IT won't help me. Does anyone have any thoughts. If not, I may have to put this back on eBay. Thanks.
    I am thinking about taking the plunge, and replacing my 650 with the new 750v , but Goodlink Mobile Messaging is an absolute must!!!

I checked the Goodlink version on my Treo 650, and it says v4.9.1.46_EN.

Based on previous messages in this thread, can anyone tell me conclusively one way or the other if I will have any issues running Goodlink on the 750v so that I can sync with my corporate email, files, etc?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I can tell you that I'm running v4.8.1.14_EN on mine and it's fine so far. I think 4.9 was just to support Symbian devices.
    That's GREAT news!! Are you a single user of Goodlink, or does your company have a Goodlink server solution (middleware) and a number of people accessing Outlook Exchange from your Treo? Just wanted to make sure I am comparing apple to apples before I spend $800.

Hmmmmm, why do apples always come up in conversation on this forum?
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    I'm a single user but I use Mailstreet for Exchange and Goodlink hosting. So, you could say that I'm running off of Mailstreet's Goodlink server solution.