1.    #1  
    As a long time palm user, I am SO frustrated by the basic apps in windows. What are the best replacements for: Calendar, Contacts, memos and tasks? Thanks!
    CALENDAR, tasks= SEARCH!!! Many use PI, some agenda fusion, there are MANY today plugins you can use, one spoken about yesterday is my fave plugin, "today agenda"
    contacts= none
    memos = ???
    (this is all freeware)

Contacts: QDz

Calendar/Tasks
    : TodayAgenda, Calendar+, AM Tasks Plus

Memos
    : Tombo,

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    As a long time palm user, I am SO frustrated by the basic apps in windows. What are the best replacements for: Calendar, Contacts, memos and tasks? Thanks!
    Um. no offense, but the basic apps calendar contacts, etc blow away the standard on palm os. vastly more field choices, no 16 category limit, etc.

that said, check out pocket informant or agenda fusion. I use the former and love it. It's infinitely customizable.
  5.    #5  
    I am used to datebk5 which is great for palm. The contacts are so unwieldy. Too many clicks to get to the info. I wish there was a way to use the bottom of the screen for more info rather than WM prompts.
    Malatesta, do you use all three calendar/tasks programs at once?
    heck no, I ONLY use TodayAgrenda.

Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I am used to datebk5 which is great for palm. The contacts are so unwieldy. Too many clicks to get to the info. I wish there was a way to use the bottom of the screen for more info rather than WM prompts.
    If you replaced the standard PIM in palm with db5 what's stopping you from doing it with windows mobile? There are several good ones.

You can't compare something like db5 to the included pim in wm5. Compare db5 to agenda fusion, pocket informant, etc and you'll find something just as useful.
    Thanks. Is there a forum or thread about tweaking TodayAgenda? I'm using it now and the date listed as "Thursday, October 19, 2004" jumbles together at the right side of my screen and I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    heck no, I ONLY use TodayAgrenda.
    so, you don't use anything for your tasks...such as grocery lists, to-do lists, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by jphj44 View Post
    Thanks. Is there a forum or thread about tweaking TodayAgenda? I'm using it now and the date listed as "Thursday, October 19, 2004" jumbles together at the right side of my screen and I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Did you try shortening your long date format?
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    so, you don't use anything for your tasks...such as grocery lists, to-do lists, etc.?
    No. Basically I don't use tasks.

If I were, I'd probably use Check List Pro.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No. Basically I don't use tasks.

If I were, I'd probably use Check List Pro.
    yeah, after playing around with TodayAgenda....it's kinda pointless to have "tasks" on there, since TA does such a great job implementing them anyway.

i can't thank you enough for recommending TA yesterday to me.....*bows down*

lol, np. It's a great app.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Did you try shortening your long date format?
    How can I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jphj44 View Post
    How can I do that?
    There are some options here, otherwise you'd have to do registry edit.
    start/settings/system/regional settings/date
    Thanks. That worked. I had to take out the day and just go with the month/date/year option. One of these days I'm going to get the courage to mess with the registry