1.    #1  
    So I unlocked my 750v and I'm now using it with Orange in France. The annoying thing I ave noticed is that no matter how hard I try to change the voicemail speed dial button on the Today Screen it always reverts back to the voicemail number for SFR in France.

Anyone figured out how we can change that number so we can actually use the speed dial on key 1?

Thanks,

D
    Hi,

I am having the same problem, but unfortunatly did not find a soution yet.
    Did you find any solution.

Thanks,
    S
  3.    #3  
    Nope, still no solution. i'm guesing it's been programmed either into the theme or perhaps it could be a registry setting. but i don't know enough about either to figure out how to change it!

D
    I have posted it on another forum, If I find the solution I let you know.

S
    i couldnt work this out either
    I just edited the speed dial and it worked for me. Don't know any other way then to modify them in the speeddial menu.
    do you have an SFR branded treo?

thanks
    I made a contact for the my voicemail number and linked it to that contact. You could try that.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    it did not work, it give me the chance to change but it over rights it with SFR number.
  10.    #10  
    Yes I too have an SFR Treo 750v and still no luck in changing it, it just reverts back to the orginal SFR voicemail number.

Another thing I noticed is the new MMS setup. Has anyone any idea how to set it up for Orange France?

Thanks,

D
    I have the Vodafone Treo myself not simlocked.
    I have the Vodaphone unlocked on Cingular. For me I left the MMS settings as auto and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dimitrik View Post
    Yes I too have an SFR Treo 750v and still no luck in changing it, it just reverts back to the orginal SFR voicemail number.

Another thing I noticed is the new MMS setup. Has anyone any idea how to set it up for Orange France?

Thanks,

D
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    here is the MMS setup for orange france:

A l'origine c'est celle du SPV M3000 avec un peu de modification pour l'adapter au treo 750v

Installation GPRS

Procédure manuelle :

1) Appuyer sur [Démarrer], sélectionner [Paramètres].
    2) Dans [Paramètres], appuyer sur [Connexions] (3° onglet en bas de l'écran).
    3) Sélectionner [Connexions] et aller sur l'onglet [Avancés] > [Sélectionner des réseaux].
    4) Dans le premier menu déroulant (haut de la page), noter quel profil est actuellement sélectionné (il devra être réactivé une fois la procédure finie). Appuyer sur [Nouveau] et entrer Orange acte GPRS, puis appuyer sur [ok].
    4) Dans le premier menu déroulant (haut de la page) sélectionner [Orange acte GPRS], cliquer sur [Gérer des connexions existantes], puis appuyer sur [Nouveau…].
    5) Dans [Paramètres > Etablir une nouvelle connexion] saisir les informations suivantes:

Entrer un nom de connexion : Orange acte GPRS
    Sélectionner un modem : Ligne cellulaire (GPRS)

6) Appuyer sur [Suivant].
    7) Dans [Paramètres > Orange acte GPRS] entrer le nom du point d'accès : orange.acte
    8) Appuyer sur [Suivant].
    9) Entrer les informations suivantes:

Nom d'utilisateur : orange
    Mot de passe : orange
    Domaine : (vide)

10) Appuyer sur [Terminer] et sélectionner le profil créé pour l'activer par défaut.
    11) Appuyer sur [OK], puis sélectionner l'ancien profil (noté à l'étape 4) dans le premeier menu déroulant. Fermer les menus et aller dans [Démarrer] > [Messagerie].
    12) Appuyer sur [Menu] > [Option] > [] et entrer pour : Connecter via : Orange acte GPRS
    13) Aller sur l'onglet [Avancé] et choisir manuelle et appuyer sur [Modifier] et entrer les informations suivantes :

Nom du serveur : Orange acte GPRS
    Passerelle : 192.168.010.200 : 9201
    Adresse du serveur : http://mms.orange.fr
    Connecter via : sélectionner le profil créé à l'étape 11

14) Appuyer sur [ok].
    15) Appuyer longtemps sur Orange acte GPRS, et sélectionner [Activer comme paramètres par défaut].
    Le profil est activé
    This is what worked for me:

1. Launch contacts, press menu -> SIM Manager -> Tools -> List of Own Numbers.
    2. Select the first personal number and edit it to your voicemail number. Press OK.
    3. Now here's the BIGGIE: Perform a hard reset.

As long as your SIM card remains in the slot, the next time your phone sets itself up the voicemail speed-dial will reflect your voicemail number.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I looks like the treo 750v is looking for the right voicemail number on the sim card. It can even get the right one with a different name. I mean not "Voicemail". On SFR (vodafone in France) it displays "Répondeur" instead of Voicemail. If it doesn't find the right info on the simcard then it set up the Voicemail button as 123 with the "Voicemail" name and it looks like there is no way to change it. Maybe by setting up the entry #196 on the simcard. But the sim manager won't let me choose the entry number. On my SFR sim card the sim entry for "Répondeur" is 196. If you know a software that let choose the entry number let me know.

Anyway I've found a workaround:

1. You need to set the registry value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\IngoreSIM" to 1 (decimal value).

2. You edit the Voicemail speeddial button from the usual menu. You change the phonenumber. And this time the setting is really saved.
    One minor issue is that if you change your sim card you have to set up the voicemail phone number again.

Good luck with that guys.
    Last edited by lostOzone; 10/20/2006 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostOzone View Post
    Anyway I've found a workaround:

1. You need to set the registry value "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\SpeedDialPlugin\VoiceMail\IngoreSIM" to 1 (decimal value).

2. You edit the Voicemail speeddial button from the usual menu. You change the phonenumber. And this time the setting is really saved.
    One minor issue is that if you change your sim card you have to set up the voicemail phone number again.

Good luck with that guys.
    How do I locate this registry value on my Treo?
    Ok - figured it out. Sorry was not familiar with Windows hacking. You can download a Registry Editor and use that to follow lostOzone's instructions. Fantastic work lostOzone!
    how do you edit the registry value? Can someone provide a step by step guide?
    isn't the front page advertising an article about windows mobile registry hacks?
    Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Nokia E61 → Treo 650 → HTC TyTN → Treo 650 → Treo 750v → Sony Ericsson P990i → Treo 750v → Treo 680 → Treo 750v → Samsung i600 → Orange SPV E650 → Samsung i600 → Apple iPhone 8GB → Samsung i600 → Samsung i780 → BlackBerry 8700g → BlackBerry Bold 9000 → BlackBerry Bold 9700 → Samsung Galaxy Spica → BlackBerry Bold 9700
    i still cannot edit my voicemail number. I mean, I can edit and place the number. But when I press ok and try it out, it says that it does not have a number saved? what's wrong with it? can anybody help please?
    Ride to Live!
    Live to Ride!
    Ride and Live for the SON!