Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I didn't see a thread so thought I'd start one for people to report headsets that work on the 750v.

On my 750wx, the Jabra JX10 works so I'm hoping it will work just as good on the 750v. Also hoping that the random turning off of BT won't be on the 750v.
    I think you mean 700wx. I've used the Jabra JX-10 on my 750v so far with no issues. Works with bluetooth voice dialing too!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3. tcs
    @bcaslis, how's the A2DP with WMP? Can it handle listening music and call nicely? Few users in PPCSG do face problem with A2DP. Here is one: http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showt...=30&p=579065&#
    Which BT headsets work best on the 750? I have a Moto H820(I think that's it) and two Cardo Scala 500s. Can I use these effectively on the 750? I know the Scala 500 had results on the 650 that could go either way.

Also, anyone know of a headset that can pair with 2 phones at once? Or is that possible?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

Also, anyone know of a headset that can pair with 2 phones at once? Or is that possible?
    The Jabra BT8010's can pair with 2 phones at once.
    So far Jabra is my best bet for the 750v? This is the second recommendation in the thread.

Any other brands?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i hated the jx10 on my 650. haven't tried it on my 750. but i absolutely love my samsung wep200 on both. sadly the 650 is dead but the 750c lives on for now! i don't do that fancy voice dialing stuff so i don't know if that works...
    Last edited by grundler; 02/02/2007 at 08:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    im using the Sammy Wep200 also and i had no complaints yet...the only thing is that my BT turns off at times...dunno if its the Sammy or the Treo...returned the Sammy for a new one and it had done this a couple of times...i was looking into getting the JX10....should i get it or stick with the Sammy...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    @bcaslis, how's the A2DP with WMP? Can it handle listening music and call nicely? Few users in PPCSG do face problem with A2DP. Here is one: http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showt...=30&p=579065&#
    there is a hack to change the A2DP to stereo...

try this...

Improve A2DP Quality on the 750
    Palm ships the 750 from the factory to output Mono using A2DP. Here's how to make it stereo and improve the quality. The bitpool of 48 seems to be the Treo's sweet spot for quality and skip-free performance.

/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings
    UseJointStereo=0
    BitPool=48
    MaxSupportedBitPool=48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    im using the Sammy Wep200 also and i had no complaints yet...the only thing is that my BT turns off at times...dunno if its the Sammy or the Treo...returned the Sammy for a new one and it had done this a couple of times...i was looking into getting the JX10....should i get it or stick with the Sammy...
    the sammy turns off after charging. you have to repower it then. i really like that since in that little box its hard to get to quickly if it were to be on. moreover, i like that when i charge my phone at night if someone calls i don't have to search for my bt, shove it in my ear and answer the phone all in time while i'm sleeping. i personally can never recommend the JX10 because i hated it so much. sadly, i still have it since its way past time to be able to return it. perhaps one day i'll try it again. but lots of people like it... so it's personal i guess!
    I think all BT headsets should work well with the Treo. I can tell you right now one of the best BT headsets on the market is the Jawbone. Jabra has no noise canceling. When using the Jawbone, no one has a clue you are even out -and-about. Amazing Headset to say the least!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I think all BT headsets should work well with the Treo. I can tell you right now one of the best BT headsets on the market is the Jawbone. Jabra has no noise canceling. When using the Jawbone, no one has a clue you are even out -and-about. Amazing Headset to say the least!
    Which one is the "Jawbone"?
    Jawbone.com or go to a Cingular store. "Military Grade" Noise reduction. Not the best fit, but the sound quality for both the caller and you is the BEST. Yes I used the JX10 - NO Noise reduction at all, almost all the behind ear Jabras are the same as well. Plantronics is even worse. Imagine driving with windows down and music on, with Jawbone, the caller cant here any of that noise!
    As for pairing a single headset to more than one device it needs to have "multi-point" and I think it needs to be either BT 1.2 or 2.0 but not 1.1 for sure. I like the Plantronics Discovery line as they are small and comfortable but the down side is they don't hold a charge as long as some of the others. The Plantronics 640 has the ability to pair to two devices at the same time but does not have DSP which supposedly reduces background noise. The 645 does have DSP but can only pair to a single device and has shorter battery life because of the DSP (not sure if DSP limits the number you can pair to or if this was a way they could reduce cost on a more expensive unit). They also have some newer more expensive units that have what they claim is an even better sound quality but I can't say.

I have used Jabra 250's in the past and they have great battery life--I could talk for 2-3 days at about 3 hours a day before I needed a charge but my 645 only goes about one day so I am in the habit of charging it every night. The other thing I didn't like about the Jabra was the ear gel has a little hole at the end that I was always having to clean out because it would get plugged up.

Bottom line is that nearly any headset should work (carkits are another story), I really don't know if DSP adds much but others claim it does. Your cars a/c fan can sound like wind with some units and nearly drown you out. I think that the phone you are using it with has a lot to do with it because when I replaced my Treo 650 with the new 750 sound improved a bunch and I also think it is even better in UMTS coverage--maybe because there is much less use on this new higher frequency.
    I have the Plantronics discovery 640 and it works without fail. No problems at all. Connects everytime and the sound quality is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    there is a hack to change the A2DP to stereo...

try this...

Improve A2DP Quality on the 750
    Palm ships the 750 from the factory to output Mono using A2DP. Here's how to make it stereo and improve the quality. The bitpool of 48 seems to be the Treo's sweet spot for quality and skip-free performance.

/HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings
    UseJointStereo=0
    BitPool=48
    MaxSupportedBitPool=48
    I tried 48 and it was a bit too much for the Treo, especially if you do any sort of multitasking. I would stick to a bitpool in the mid-upper 30's. Although, I am not sure if the numbers have to be of a certain increment.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    JAWBONE! It is the best BT headsetI have owned hands down. Crystal clear audio quaity on both ends. As far as fit, I found the best loop/eargel combination fit for my ar and it is very secure and comfortable.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well i do agree that the jawbone is one of the best, my friend has one and it is crystal clear...great if your other half calls and your out and about...if you know what i mean...but i wish that it wasnt that big...
    What's the price of the Jawbone? Also does it pair with two phones? Or one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    What's the price of the Jawbone? Also does it pair with two phones? Or one.
    It's $99.00 at Cingular Stores. Ive only paired it to my one phone so I dont know about multiple pairings.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast