Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If anyone is on the fence about getting the slingbox...dont be. Go get it! Its really amazing. The best investment for my 700wx yet! Really great quality!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Hehehe yeah it's awesome... has saved my life from boredom more than once!
  3.    #3  
    I cant wait to have to work overnight or something now! lol
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    If anyone is on the fence about getting the slingbox...dont be. Go get it! Its really amazing. The best investment for my 700wx yet! Really great quality!
    what are the FPS like.....1 to 5 star rating? i heard they are pretty bad, somewhere around 18 fps.

can you watch ANY channel? like MTV or VH1?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    You can watch any channel you have at home, depending on your setup. I've had no issues with the FPS, I've watched most channels and always see what's going on, etc.
    dude, I regularly get 30 FPS!

someone post my youtube vid, I'm mobile and can't do it now, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  7.    #7  
    Everything is really good here too with the FPS...no issues, and yeah you can watch any channel you have at home.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    thanks Pibe!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    nice! i'm there!
    I've had the slingbox for a year, bought the 700wx so that I could roam with it. Awesome, my wife thinks I'm crazy for spending this much on a phone, but I'm a pilot and spend alot of time sitting around airports with nothing to do. Pull out my treo, and bam, no boredom. I can watch anything recorded on my tivo or anything live on my directv. If you don't own a slingbox yet, get one, and join the revolution!!
    I don't get it what can you do with the slingbox you can't do with Orb for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
    I don't get it what can you do with the slingbox you can't do with Orb for free?
    - Quality is much, much better.

- I don't need my computer on 24/7. Nor do I want to relay on Windows.

- I like having a dedicated app for TV on my device

I have the 700wx but do not live in an arear where evdo is available. Will the 700wx allow me to use a Wifi connection to use the service assuming it is not being blocked by the wifi provided. for example. if I was outside and wanted to connect to my wifi and watch tv could I. If so, how do you do it on the 700wx, what program is used. I do not see anything abou wifi on the device.
    Last edited by roadking03; 10/19/2006 at 07:15 AM.
    all you need is a connection to the internet. I would imagine wi fi will work fine. Also, you can watch it using 1X service, although its a bit choppy.
    I have a 700w and am currently testing the software using the free one month demo. I can say it is absolutely awesome IF you have a strong EVDO signal. A few things I have noticed:

1. I commute from the northside of Chicago and on the train the EVDO signal is VERY unreliable, constantly fluctuating between 1 and 5 bars with a few outright dead spots. I would say it's usually about a 60/40 shot of it working well.
    2. If you have a 700w you MUST have both Oxios programs installed so you can close everything and recover all lost memory before running SlingPlayer.
    3. I have the SlingPro and have two inputs...Tivo and straight up Coax. The Tivo controls do work great although I haven't figured out how to use the 30 sec skip and FF is tough to master as there is some recovery time.

I am really on the fence with whether or not I'm going to get the software. At $30 I'm not sure it's worth it due to my hit or miss signal on the train, which is where I tend to use it the most. However, it was key to have the Bucks game in my pocket the other week when my girlfriend needed to run some errands. I got yelled at a bit but it was worth it
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Question: My home PC and cable modem+wireless router is upstairs in a bedroom. My TV+Tivo is downstairs in living room. Do I have to buy that $99 slingbox setup that plugs into my home electrical system to get all plugged up? ... or will it work ok as is?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornem View Post
    Question: My home PC and cable modem+wireless router is upstairs in a bedroom. My TV+Tivo is downstairs in living room. Do I have to buy that $99 slingbox setup that plugs into my home electrical system to get all plugged up? ... or will it work ok as is?

You don't have to buy that specific device, but unless you can run a network cable directly to your Slingbox, you'll have to use some kind of wireless solution. I use a DLink device (DWL-810+) that's been discontinued but there's a replacment available for it (DWL-G820). The wireless solution works great - totally reliable and the speeds are great.
    so let me get this straight - you can plug in a wireless adapter? I'm the opposite of osbornem, my TV + Tivo is upstairs, and my router/modem is downstairs. Is it a USB device?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    so let me get this straight - you can plug in a wireless adapter? I'm the opposite of osbornem, my TV + Tivo is upstairs, and my router/modem is downstairs. Is it a USB device?
    The Slingbox itself has a network connection. You connect one end of the network cable to the Slingbox and the other end of the cable to the wireless device (in my case, the DLink device). This allows the Slingbox to connect to your existing wireless network (assuming you have a wireless network of course). It's actually really simple to hook up and their tech support is top-notch if you need it.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast