Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    i got my slingbox today and set it up with no problems at home. now i am at work and it says unable to connect to slingbox. am i doing something wrong here? do i need to connect via IP instead of slingfinder ID?
    Your finder ID is all you need (that's how the Sling server can find your IP). Sounds like you need to check your firewall at home.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    even though it worked fine when i was home? should the firewall be turned off?
    what is a finder Id ,and do you make up one or do thery give you one
    Hey guys...

Not to be a ******* but this is a TREO message board. If you want help setting up your Slingbox I suggest going to www.slingcommunity.com. There are much better resources there.

Viewing your Sling at work is probably not a good idea. I suggest you read some of the stories on SC of dudes who got canned. It completely spikes your bandwidth. IF you are determined you have to set up a dynamic server and there are instructions therein.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Well I am trying to use the sling box on my TREO. I thought this was the place for that. I'm also having trouble with my text messages, should i go to the people who make the network towers and post on their forum.

Also why are you concerned with what I do at work. I work the third shift at a gas station and it gets kind of boring sometimes.
    Tre-i-e-i-o, although I agree that users should bring completely unrelated topics about slinging to the other forum you mentioned, I think we can relax a bit. People don't just use a slingbox for their treo, they'll be using it with their laptops and other devices. Treocentral is a great place that has great mods that won't bust in and close a thread because it gets slightly offtopic like they do at other places. That's what I like about this place.
    I know, that's why I said "not to be a *******". Slingcommunity has really good advice in already established forums as well as step by step instructions for all of this stuff. I just think it would be easier for these folks.

Jorsuss, you're right, I couldn't care less what you do at work. It's just that some people have no idea that their web traffic and key strokes are tracked everyday at work and it has cost some people their jobs. If you can Sling at work I'm nothing but jealous, trust me.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    i have directv...will slingbox work with it?
    also will 430 kbps upload on my home internet be sufficient enough to run on my 700wx on evdo
    Quote Originally Posted by burger510 View Post
    also will 430 kbps upload on my home internet be sufficient enough to run on my 700wx on evdo
    Yes slingbox will work w/directv and yes, 430 is enough. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    I had to work today...but thanks to my slingbox I am watching the OSU game! GO BUCKS!
    I'm down with the Bucks too - I'm praying for an undefeated Michigan coming into the Shoe on the 18th so we can ruin their season.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I'm down with the Bucks too - I'm praying for an undefeated Michigan coming into the Shoe on the 18th so we can ruin their season.
    That is what I am talkin about! Is there a Bucks/Treo community?
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
  14.    #94  
    It sounds like THIS is the bucks/treo community!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I picked up the Slingbox Pro from Circuit City today for $202 plus tax. Mac users, the Mac software comes out on Oct 31.
    With all this Slingbox talk, thought I'd pick one up while they are on sale at BB. Setup was a breeze. Put SlingMobile on both the Treo 700wx and the 6700. Choppy on both using my Sprint signal from here at home. WiFi on both rocks! Not much Treo support at SlingCommunity. Maybe we need a thread here in the misc topics for such stuff. Just a thought.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316 View Post
    I picked up the Slingbox Pro from Circuit City today for $202 plus tax. Mac users, the Mac software comes out on Oct 31.
    How'd you get it at that price? It shows $224 for me?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    After reading all of this, I went out and purchased a Slingbox Pro. It's quite a novelty, but the quality on the Treo or on my laptop is just not acceptable, to me. I guess it's pretty neat being able to control my cable box from my phone, but how practical is that...really. The screen on the Treo is just too small to really be able to watch TV well and the picture quality on my laptop at full screen is just not good enough.

I'll be returning it in the next few days.

Don't want to rain on the parade, just my .02
    Last edited by bmargolis; 10/28/2006 at 08:44 AM.
    You must be looking at a different picture than me. Of course the upload speed of your broadband connection makes a huge difference in quality. The pq on my treo looks very good at anything over 200mbps. My upload speed is 700mbps and I get decent quality on my laptop even at widescreen.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
    How'd you get it at that price? It shows $224 for me?
    http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...keyword1=sling
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast