Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    I had to work today...but thanks to my slingbox I am watching the OSU game! GO BUCKS!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    OK...I'm interested in this. What is battery life on a 700wx like while running the SlingPlayer?

When I had a Treo 650, I tried MobiTV and found that it would absolutely KILL the battery quickly. If I watched 20 minutes of MobiTV while waiting for an early flight, I would not have enough battery to get through a regular work day.

Thanks,

Bob
    Hey SprintJunkie...hellz yeah!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  4.    #64  
    I just moved to California a couple months ago from Columbus....left my family and friends.....wow I miss the BUCKEYES most of all! lol
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Just wanted to post that Best Buy will have all Slingbox's on-sale next week.
    By any chance do you know the prices Best Buy will have them at?
    Also, which SlingBox are most of you using? I see there are three and I'm trying to figure out the best to use for my DVR.
    I have cable tv and vcr can the slingbox work with these too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson View Post
    By any chance do you know the prices Best Buy will have them at?
    Also, which SlingBox are most of you using? I see there are three and I'm trying to figure out the best to use for my DVR.
    I'm going to go with the AV. Great price point, and I don't need the features of the Pro. The Tuner is only meant to work with the tv by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    I have cable tv and vcr can the slingbox work with these too.
    I would think you need the Slingbox Pro in order to take advantage of more than one input....
    I love my slingbox. I have had the classic since last thanksgiving. I live here in the UK and have the slingbox hooked up to a Tivo in Philly.

I upgraded the upstream speed at home to 786 from 384. That is very worth it. So Now, I can watch on my computer here (hooked up to the tv too)

I also can watch via the mobile player on my vario ii (either though wifi or HSPDA).

For those with questions, www.slingcommunity.com is a great resource.
    Just came from bestbuy and the have there slingbox for 149.00
    Do you have to have a slingbox if you have slingbox mobile
    Do you have to have a slingbox if you have slingbox mobile
    Do you mean do you need a Slingbox to use Slingbox mobile?

If so the answer is yes.
    how is it will it read the the slingmoblie if not connect to the treo to the slingbox
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Just came from bestbuy and the have there slingbox for 149.00
    It is listed for $134.99 on the web site:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1157067255229

Show them the website and they will give you the sale price.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    The Tuner is $135....how much for the AV?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    C'mon folks...tell me about the battery life on your Treo's while running this app.

Thanks,

Bob
  18.    #78  
    Its not good man, lol. I had to buy a charger for work and a car charger to support it. But...what you get is worth it.
    I ordered my Slingbox online at BestBuy.com for the $134 price and did an in-store pickup. No price hassles, and it was more convenient. I saw in today's Sunday paper that their Slingboxes are on sale but they didn't say how much. I wonder if it's any lower, if so I'll go get some money back.

Battery life? Haven't noticed it drain any faster than it already does, honestly... but I haven't watched it for more than 30 mins or so at a time.

The Slingbox is "the sh!t". Go get one today... I'm still blown away how well it works and the fact that there aren't any monthly fees.
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    Quote Originally Posted by bmargolis View Post
    C'mon folks...tell me about the battery life on your Treo's while running this app.

Thanks,

Bob
    I found, roughly, after an hour use my extended battery is down about 20-25%.

I consider that remarkable actually and since I have charging cradles at home and school it hardly phases me at all.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast