1.    #1  
    Looks like every US importer wants $750-$850. Is it worth it, really? I'm not sure. I can get 2 seperate phones just as functional(in my case) for that much. And what do you think Palm itself will want for the 750?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If the past is any history, the 750 from Palm unlocked will be $650 or so (based on what it was with the 600 then the 650). The price the importers are charging is about what the 600 unlocked first cost when it was released in Singapore before it was released in the U.S. The 650 was different, it was released as an unlocked and Cingular version at the same time through Palm in the U.S.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    my guess for unlocked will be 599-699.
  4.    #4  
    So you both think around $600-$700 is what Palm will charge? Then some of the importers are cashing in on the early craze? I suspect so, and I don't know if I want to drop so much money. I think I'll wait a while.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What I worry about more than getting gouged by a hundred bucks or so is if the Vodafone version will truly be identical to the Cingular one when it's finally released. For example, maybe the Cingular one will come out with HSDPA already enabled? And if that happens, would the supposed software update be immediately available to upgrade the Vodafone models?

Or am I just being too paranoid? Is the only difference between the Vodafone and Cingular models going to be the logo on the front?
    I think that they are cashing in a little but also paying higher prices for the units they get since they have to import them from Europe or Asia also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So you both think around $600-$700 is what Palm will charge? Then some of the importers are cashing in on the early craze? I suspect so, and I don't know if I want to drop so much money. I think I'll wait a while.
    if palm does charge ~$700 for it, an extra $30-75 isn't too bad of a premium. Of course, the sellers are probably profiting closer to $150, but everyone needs a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by krludwig View Post
    What I worry about more than getting gouged by a hundred bucks or so is if the Vodafone version will truly be identical to the Cingular one when it's finally released. For example, maybe the Cingular one will come out with HSDPA already enabled? And if that happens, would the supposed software update be immediately available to upgrade the Vodafone models?

Or am I just being too paranoid? Is the only difference between the Vodafone and Cingular models going to be the logo on the front?
    nobody can say for sure if it'll be the same (besides logos) or if Palm and Cingular are working on something special, such as HSDPA, for the release.
    it is SGD.1268
  10. cvt
    it is a weak dollar!
    supply - demand - price.