Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    1. ok, i have pocket weather and it says it'll update every hour......but it doesn't seem to be connecting to the internet on it's own. why is this? instead, i have to manually click on EVDO icon and select "connect".

2. my other question is, when i select "connect" on EVDO and i click on the icon again....there is a counter counting time...1....2.....3.....4, etc. i'm assuming this is the time i'm spent connected, right? or wrong? if i'm right, does this mean, sprint is getting slammed by me for having the EVDO network running constantly?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    1. ok, i have pocket weather and it says it'll update every hour......but it doesn't seem to be connecting to the internet on it's own. why is this? instead, i have to manually click on EVDO icon and select "connect".

2. my other question is, when i select "connect" on EVDO and i click on the icon again....there is a counter counting time...1....2.....3.....4, etc. i'm assuming this is the time i'm spent connected, right? or wrong? if i'm right, does this mean, sprint is getting slammed by me for having the EVDO network running constantly?
    PLEASE help!
    You should really give more then an hour for a response. If the matter is that urgent, maybe contacting palm/sprint would be a better idea.

In general, giving a day or two for a response is more reasonable for forums like this.
    I assume you have a 700p. Why don't you just use On Demand or 4Info. They work just fine and are free.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    I assume you have a 700p. Why don't you just use On Demand or 4Info. They work just fine and are free.
    what makes you think i am talking about a 700p? ya know, this is in the 700wx forums......
    Oops, my bad LOL.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ View Post
    Oops, my bad LOL.
    lol....np man!

anyway, here's my dilema:

When i connect to EVDO and my icon shows "EV" with 2 arrows (one pointing left, one pointing right), does that mean i'm "connected" and incurring charges? or does it mean EVDO is ready, but doesn't connect until the arrows are solid?

I'm just scared that i'll be running EVDO 24/7 and incurring charges. because, when you click on the icon, it has a running counter that says "power vision dial-up"...with the counter counting away.
    Quote Originally Posted by box33 View Post
    lol....np man!

anyway, here's my dilema:

When i connect to EVDO and my icon shows "EV" with 2 arrows (one pointing left, one pointing right), does that mean i'm "connected" and incurring charges? or does it mean EVDO is ready, but doesn't connect until the arrows are solid?

I'm just scared that i'll be running EVDO 24/7 and incurring charges. because, when you click on the icon, it has a running counter that says "power vision dial-up"...with the counter counting away.
    Don't know what you do with your phone but if you do not have an unlimited plan they are going to get you sooner or later. If you do, who cares if its connected all the time. If I had the windows version, I'd be sling boxing it all day at work.
    CONNECTED does not mean TRANSFERRING DATA. When the arrows are solid, you are transferring data. When the arrows looked greyed-out, your connection is "idle." Don't worry about that, I'm sure whatever it is that you are doing is nowhere near what Sprint would consider "excessive." Most of us stream video often, have exchange push, etc; so far no one has been given a hard time by Sprint (Verzon, however, is a different story).

About pocketweather, you'll have to ask someone else. There are plenty of free programs for weather out there that get the same job done, weatherpanel/weather to go, etc.

You might want to search for the registry edit to make your internet connection "always-on." It will keep your Internet connection idle when not in use, and more importantly you will ALREADY be connected when weather plus tries to update.