Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Is this the one you mean?

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...001&cat=180040

It doesn't show the 750 or 680 in the list (not surprising) but the picture of the case with a Treo in it looks like a 680 or 750.

Yep, that would be it - missed it. Thanks everyone.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  2.    #22  
    Just received this case today, it a little too big for the Treo 750v.
    I personally like the case from Covertec. Think I will order that one.

http://www.covertecstore.com/search/...ine=PALTREO750
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon View Post
    I personally like the case from Covertec. Think I will order that one.

http://www.covertecstore.com/search/...ine=PALTREO750
    That is a nice case. However, I find flip cases to be a PIA with phone devices.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I normally do as well. But I haven't seen a good case so far....
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I am still yet to see many manufacturers putting an skin cases out there for the 750v, we have the offical palm obe but thats it.

Do we have any ETA's?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have been using PielFrama cases since I learned about PDAs five years ago. They are top quality and ship anywhere in the world.

http://www.pielframa.com/treo_750v.htm

http://www.pielframa.com/menu_treo_750v.htm

I highly recommend them
    I'm just in LOVE with the Vaja case I just got for my beloved 750v. It is an amazing case. Hand crafted and fast shipping, Vaja is a great company and their quality is outstanding. For the ivolution I got for my 750v, I am really diggin the LED light on the case, it makes the LED appear even larger (see my flickr gallery, its a nice touch). The leather is top quailty. Only cons I have is that the top part is not fully protected (but understand that if it was, it may reduce internal antenna reception), and that you have to take the case off when accessing the reset button and minisd card. Also, having the screen and keyboard facing away from your body when clipped can make a gadgeteer a bit nervous bumping into things. Other than that, I think it was worth the $$$, a bit pricey but the quality is just there to enjoy!

Oly's Vaja Case Photo Gallery
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    I'm just in LOVE with the Vaja case I just got for my beloved 750v. It is an amazing case. Hand crafted and fast shipping, Vaja is a great company and their quality is outstanding. For the ivolution I got for my 750v, I am really diggin the LED light on the case, it makes the LED appear even larger (see my flickr gallery, its a nice touch). The leather is top quailty. Only cons I have is that the top part is not fully protected (but understand that if it was, it may reduce internal antenna reception), and that you have to take the case off when accessing the reset button and minisd card. Also, having the screen and keyboard facing away from your body when clipped can make a gadgeteer a bit nervous bumping into things. Other than that, I think it was worth the $$$, a bit pricey but the quality is just there to enjoy!

Oly's Vaja Case Photo Gallery
    Oly,

How do you find the extra thickness of the Vaja case?

TIA!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Oly,

How do you find the extra thickness of the Vaja case?

TIA!
    It's a bit thicker than I imagined it to be, but I guess in a good way to help protect the Treo, in a bad way since it's no longer a slim sleek gadget, but rather a more stylish looking "PDA". I say this because a couple of coworkers who had a chance to see my Vaja case on the 760v (they both own 650's) had a "wow" factor and asked if my PDA makes phone calls too. I took that as an insult... heehee... I don't know if you have ever owned a Vaja case before, this is my first, but it's very nice to hold and looks great

I will have to say that I miss the side curves that the 750v sports by itself. The treo without the case makes it feel more like a phone when you use it to make calls. With the vaja case I can grasp the treo easy when typing on the keyboard.

I think the Vaja case is a keeper for me until a crystal case comes out that is thinner and replicates the side curves. It should also have an open slot on the right side for the minisd/reset hole, something the Vaja lacks. I still have the crystal case on my wx and the Vaja case of the 750v is just slightly larger in size. Thats all I can think of for now...

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply. Yes, I have owned several Vaja cases over the years to know that their leather and craftmanship is impeccible. However, the svelte Treo form factor with that black plastic grip covering is just too alluring to bulk-up on or cover.

I am up in the air on a nice case like the vaja or a horizontal pouch type like the Krusell I have now.
    subcribed... let me know if there is a holster case for the 750v

similar to this

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-24--154.htm
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I use the Krusell Horizontic Platinum with my KJAM. It also is a perfect fit for the Treo.

Be careful about that EB case. I can't tell but if that case doesn't have a cut out area on the bottom of the case, getting the Treo out will be a PIA - especially that the 750v doesn't have an external antennea to grab on to.

Cheers!
    That looks like a nice case. Someone said that it's a little too big for the 750v. Does anyone know if it will fit the 8525? Are the KJAM and 8525 close enough in size for it to fit? (Sorry for getting a little off topic)
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    That looks like a nice case. Someone said that it's a little too big for the 750v. Does anyone know if it will fit the 8525? Are the KJAM and 8525 close enough in size for it to fit? (Sorry for getting a little off topic)
    Absolutely. The 8525 is a wee bit taller than the KJAM and the KJAM has plenty of room in the case. I would tend to think that 750 is roundabout the same size as the KJAM and thus the device fit would be fine. I am used to the KJAM and its fit in the case so I don't think it would bother me.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Absolutely. The 8525 is a wee bit taller than the KJAM and the KJAM has plenty of room in the case. I would tend to think that 750 is roundabout the same size as the KJAM and thus the device fit would be fine. I am used to the KJAM and its fit in the case so I don't think it would bother me.
    Thanks for the info. Does the KJAM have a snug fit? I would think that a snug fit would offer better protection.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I find that the 750 is ideally suited to being used without a case. The rubberised finish means it doesn't scratch up. Obviously, depending on your usage, it fits easily in to trouser or jacket pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    Thanks for the info. Does the KJAM have a snug fit? I would think that a snug fit would offer better protection.

Thanks,
    Thickness-wise the KJAM has a nice snug fit and holds the device in place. Length-wise, there is some space between the top and bottom of the device. However, it's only about a quarter of an inch (or even less).
    Although the Vaja looks very sexy and high quality, it should not be advertized as a "case". A smartphone "hanger" maybe, but not a case. The name case implies some protection, but the Vaja leaves the whole face of the device open for scuffing and bumping.

I've been using the E&B for my 650 and the 600 before it, and I really liked the protection and secured belt loop that cannot pop-out and get lost. I also prefer the horizontal position over the vertical one. The only problem with the E&B is that it could be a pain sometimes to move from one pants to another.

The vertical cases with the detachable belt clip could be risky: you get into the car, sit down, and the side of the seat cusion can push the device up so it gets un-clipped. You don't notice it, and the next time you open the door -- bye bye Treo. I lost a Treo 600 like that.

My preference for a belt case is to get maximum protection when holstered, and maximum convenience when using it (i.e., no all-the-time enclosures).

Cheers,
    Zevi.
    , but I like the Krusell
    I purchased the Nutshell Natural Case, and it is nice, but too tight for the 750v, its difficult to get the phone out. http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-25--147.htm

I happened to be in a local Rogers store on the weekend and found a simple Blackberry case (it looks like its meant for the 67xx and 77xx series, and it works well for the 750

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=62#
    Works with 6710, 6720, 6750, 7730, 7780

However, it does not allow access to the stereo jack.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast