Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    i found the name of this on another forum and tried it out, works good. I think im gonna delete the other one from earlier and use this. Just seems a little simpler to me. I dont have the Microsoft framework on the phone and it still seems to work. (wait i just checked in programs and i see Microsoft.NET CF 2.0 so i guess i do...) I have not tried it with any other carriers other than sprint cause those are the only phone i have right now and its too late for me to text others right now. Only thing is it doesnt do MMS

it works just as how the screen shots show. and it overrides the original SMS program so this one notifies you instead of the original. we just need to have a reliable MMS sender on something

http://www.benhirashima.com/software/
    Last edited by gordo2dope; 10/19/2006 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Did you do the registry edits from the TXT file?
    yeah the instructions confused me a little as I only see one MMS/SMS folder.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    did this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    sorry, that doesn't help.

THAT is interesting.

Likewise, under HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS

MaxMsgSize
    MaxVideoSize

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General

UseVodaphoneVoicemail 1

So those are things that may need to be changed.

For laughs I turned UseVodaphoneVoicemail and IsGSM to 0.
    okay i got to work but everytime i try to reply I get that bloody windows error reporter junk anyone else with the same issues? 700w
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    okay i got to work but everytime i try to reply I get that bloody windows error reporter junk anyone else with the same issues?
    i can reply, but must do the aforementioned resend...no junk error for me on a WX, and no MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    did this help?
    nope.

though according to Wideawake, his threaded SMS on the 6700 is working fine (he has to test MMS yet) but stuff sends instantly.

So maybe we're just running into the Sprint/700wx/SMS bug?

I can't really test since I have no one to SMS that would work with the Sprint bug!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    If the replies in a thread are getting stuck on the outbox I don't think it'd be a network problem. It'd seem it's related to the app. I think anyway...
    Yeah I also notice the app is slow. If the app can be sped up somehow then some of the problems may go away. Should I maybe reinstall the app to see if the error report goes away?

Now comes the question of what happens when palm actually releases firmware upgrade that includes this update.
    I keep sending myself messages from sprint.com lol. so far they're coming in quick, but I cant send to email
    what is the verizion message center number or do we not need to worry about that.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i have quite a few treos to play with and it appears the problems are the same on the W and WX. so it must be a software thing...prolly why they didnt release it. ;-P
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    what is the verizion message center number or do we not need to worry about that.
    I never entered a Sprint number and I am sending SMS with no problems.

The UP on the D-pad issue keeps causing errors in the new messaging app. Little annoying
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I never entered a Sprint number and I am sending SMS with no problems.

The UP on the D-pad issue keeps causing errors in the new messaging app. Little annoying
    are you replying without problems???

I think you will find it doesn't send right away or at all without a resend.

I would love to get the Sprint settings and replace the Vodaphone ones...I think this would clear up some issues.
    I have no one to reply to to test. I sentmyself a text message (whats funnier is that it worked!) but I tried to do the same a second time and it didn't go through. Very strange
    I received my last txt msg (that I sent through the threading app) 5 minutes after I sent it. I sent myself a txt msg through AOL immediately after and received that one after 3 minutes. Definitely a lag, and it ooks like the lag is on bth send and receive
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I received my last txt msg (that I sent through the threading app) 5 minutes after I sent it. I sent myself a txt msg through AOL immediately after and received that one after 3 minutes. Definitely a lag, and it ooks like the lag is on bth send and receive
    you can send receive fine...it is once you start "threading" a conversation it gets stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    you can send receive fine...it is once you start "threading" a conversation it gets stuck.
    i noticed that but I was texting with myself also as a test. Does it only get stuck when texting to oneself or to all?
    wow now I am getting gwes.exe AND tmail.exe errors also like crazy during activesync. I smell a hard reset coming! Maybe in the morning, I'm off to sleep. I wouldn't recommend dwonloading this app yet for those of you who haven't! Let the bugs get resolved first
    I think the sending delay problem is due to a file that the cab didn't install. smsTrigger.exe.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i found the sprint settings that seem to work...but I still get out of memory errors when sending MMS.

MMSURL: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
    Message Center Number: +1-7044100000

doesn't solve the aforementioned resend problem