Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347479808182838485 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Spackler View Post
    Hello all,

First post from a long time lurker. I am starting to feel pretty comfortable with my treo and would like to add the threaded messaging. If anyone could send the cab file to c.spackler at yahoo dot com it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    take this advice..

dont even bother trying to get this thing to work....itll cause more headaches than tax time
    Quote Originally Posted by netsniper View Post
    take this advice..

dont even bother trying to get this thing to work....itll cause more headaches than tax time
    What kind of problems have you experienced?

I gotta admit that I have my head stuck on getting the threaded messaging but you bring up a good point. The installation guide I skimmed through doesn't look like the easiest thing to do. Especially for someone who is new to the treo and WM.
    I got it to work! I think I had neglected to delete the outlook file from the start menu. I restored again usig SPB and redid everything and now I only have 1 icon of each. The only thing that I noticed it the pressence of 2 'inbox' and 2 'messaging' icons in the menu setup program, but only once of each is checked to appear in the start menu. I am surely not going to worry about that. I never realized how much I got used to threaded SMS, this is GREAT!
    Look at my thread from a few days ago. In it I explain a few common mistakes people make when installing this program. It works, you just have to install it correctly.

~Craig
    Awesome, I will look for it as soon as I get my hands on the cab file.
    I can install this.. I just can't find the cab.. if someone wants to send me the latest cab that'd be great.

djeddiebear(at)gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Spackler View Post
    What kind of problems have you experienced?

I gotta admit that I have my head stuck on getting the threaded messaging but you bring up a good point. The installation guide I skimmed through doesn't look like the easiest thing to do. Especially for someone who is new to the treo and WM.
    well i have to admit, its not my personal phone that is causing the problems...i currently am using the 650, but my best friend has the 700wx...he is selling it to me (once i come up with the rest of the money) so i have been helping him figure out how to get threaded SMS on his phone..not only because im a nice guy, but because it will save me all the hassle once i get the phone from him ..

we have done hard resets after hard resets, re installed everything and made sure that every file has been transferred over...

here are my main problems i have been experiencing

• Messages getting stuck in outbox
      Messages being sent multiple times (its not a carrier issue, because we both have sprint and my messages only go thru once)
      Not receiving all messages being sent to phone(when you go back to the standard messaging app that comes with the 700, messages come in just fine)

We have tried sending messages to every carrier, and we havent run in to any problems with specific carriers not receiving messages and other carriers receiving them...

For now, he/we have decided to just go back to the standard app until we can mess around with it a little bit more...Until we can figure out why all messages are being received, its better to just use the standard app.

On a side note, i just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this board that has done write ups and walk throughs on how to get this to work

If anyone has any tips, id greatly appreciate them..thanks!!!
    is the latest cab beta 4. if so i can send it to come people
    Please send me the latest CAB. ryatziv (.a t.) gmail (.d o t.) com
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    after reading a few pages at the beginning about messages not being sent readily, I'm not sure I even want to install this thing anymore
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    This thread has a lot to parse through and I can't seem to find how to make hidden files appear so I can copy paste

anyone know? I've done nothing yet besides install the cab. When I use rosco and select show hidden files and go to programs/palm messaging, nothing appears. When I use the default file explorer and select show all in the same folder, same deal-nothing is there.

What gives?

eidt: messed around until I figured it out-this thing rocks

quick questions: what happened to my old text messages? Can I still access them? How do I configure MMS for Verizon; it seems to send ok, but things look kind of funky when it's replied to?
    Last edited by Stihl; 03/18/2007 at 06:30 PM.
    can someone please email me the threaded sms app??? i hae been searching high and low for this app....

lloydrussell40@yahoo.com
    Surely you must be joking. Two posts above yours is a link describing what to do in order to get it...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Surely you must be joking. Two posts above yours is a link describing what to do in order to get it...
    i dont understand people. it is so much faster to read and search than it is to just post. a lot less flaming as well. lol
    Well, to be honest, it wasn't about a flame, but making that point as succinctly as possible. It's frustrating to have to see the same question asked a million times... a genuine oversight notwithstanding, it's just not necessary, especially when cody, you've personally been so helpful and forthcoming. Ah, whatever, it's a moot point anyway, as we all know...
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Well, to be honest, it wasn't about a flame, but making that point as succinctly as possible. It's frustrating to have to see the same question asked a million times... a genuine oversight notwithstanding, it's just not necessary, especially when cody, you've personally been so helpful and forthcoming. Ah, whatever, it's a moot point anyway, as we all know...
    I AGREE! I started another thread regarding the NEW Beta 4. This thread SHOULD be locked, becuase people are ignoring the 80 something pages before hand. Or they continue to ask the same questions. At least, the new thread is in regards to the new Beta 4 cab.
    can somebody pls email me the cab software? kabirjohnson@yahoo.com. thank you very much
    Cody you have to be a genius! thanks so much for this. It really works well. I am experiencing one problem...I have a chat delay. when I reply to a message within the chatbox there is a delay for my message to be sent. Did I do something wrong? how can I fix this? Also when I am typing a message and there is an incoming message, I am kicked out and have to open the messenges back up. can u help me with this?
    You can save some space by UPXing some of the files in the cab. I was able to UPX the following:
    htmlnote.dll
    messagingapp.exe
    pimgdll.dll
    tmailutl.dll
    webview.dll

I did this right after the install (before rebooting), just in case that matters. Tmail.exe compressed did not work for me, I had to re-copy the one in the cab.

Total saved was 1.4mb, so if you UPX everything (as I do), you'll come for the savings, you'll stay for the threading.