Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You can SMS to an email address. In theory.

When you are in your address book, choose someones email address. It won't work though.

Also why sending/replying to a web-based SMS won't work.
    Ok, no big deal for me on this. I never used this before, so I don't know what I'm missing. I'll stick to simple things like texting, and emailing, I never used MMS b4
    Jimmie Geddes
    Sheesh,

Vijay555 already wrote an app for Palm messaging!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280282

VJSlippyPalm - Toggles Palm Messaging

Once installed, you lose some access to the normal inbox, which you may still want.

Using VJSlippyPalm, you can assign the app to a hardware key.
    Running VJSlippyPalm will then launch the Palm Messaging app.
    However, pressing it again will close Messaging and instead switch to the normal Inbox. And vice versa.

If you have one of the apps already launched in the background, it will jump to that app (eg if Inbox is open, and you're on the Today screen, it will jump to Inbox)

By default it will close the other app.
    You can launch it with a command line -min to minimise instead, for whatever reasons.

-about will show information about the app.

Download from my website.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I just updated my site with all the new info and the link to VJSlippyPalm app. This community is awesome!!!

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/10/pa...p-for-all.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    FYI:
    I am using a 6700 on sprint. And seeing these issues.
    I installed and ran exactly as it said.
    issues:

-the today shortcut does NOT open the app. It does nothing. I must access it from the start menu.
    -it says 1 Unread SMS on the today screen, but there are NO new messages.
    -once a messages is sent and a reply is recieved... a chat is started.... any message I SEND after that is not sent for a long long time, 10 - 15 minutes, if ever.... unless I go to outbox and resend. If I do that, ALL of the messages that are in the outbox that should have sent, then send right away.
    VJSlippyPalm is GREAT!!! Just installed it, and remapped my option+send button to it, works awesome.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by dsam99 View Post
    If anybody wants to play around with the edit network configuration I found the following website. ..have no idea if this is correct for Sprint.

http://www.smsfre.com/SMS-Mesaging-Centers.htm

Don't know if we are on the right track with this, but I think Malatesta is on right track about finding these settings out on the Advanced tab and Manual Edit.
    So,.. I pasted this number in " Sprint USA +1-7044100000" without the +1...
    Still getting out of memory error for MMS.
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Does VJ's app fix the issues? It's only to switch between the inbox and the messaging apps right?
    The number did stick when I entered it in my options. I entered 7044100000 and hit ok with no problems. But when i try to send a text to xxxxxxxxxx@tmotext.net, with that in the Email Center Number:, I first get a reply that I am trying to send to a landline and Sprint has some additional plan for that...then I get a rejection text saying it could not go through.

If I enter my own phone number in "Email Center Number", I get the text, as if it was sent from the address I am trying to send to.
    Last edited by blend; 10/18/2006 at 10:16 PM.
    ugh, erase one checkmark off of the "Things that still make PalmOS cool" list D;
    Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post
    The number did stick when I entered it in my options. I entered 7044100000 and hit ok with no problems. But when i try to send a text to xxxxxxxxxx@tmotext.net, with that in the Email Center Number:, I first get a reply that I am trying to send to a landline and Sprint has some additional plan for that...then I get a rejection text saying it could not go through.

If I enter my own phone number in "Email Center Number", I get the text, as if it was sent from the address I am trying to send to.
    when I go back to option, the numbers are not there anymore,... just aint sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post

And here is the reg key for these (thanks to andason at XDA):

HLM\SOFTWARE\PALM\MESSAGING\PREFS

gah, I still can't get them to stick even with a reg change. ???????????

We need to call Sprint to get the Emailcenter number as I can't find that anywhwere.

I put the number in this way: 17044100000

Though it hasn't gone to my email address yet but it did "send" immediately as oppose to hanging in the outbox.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/18/2006 at 10:29 PM.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    700wx - works great in conjunction with POutlook for MMS. except the above noted items
    Working good.
    Last edited by L3thal; 10/18/2006 at 11:54 PM.
    And here is the reg key for these (thanks to andason at XDA):

HLM\SOFTWARE\PALM\MESSAGING\PREFS

gah, I still can't get them to stick even with a reg change. ???????????

We need to call Sprint to get the Emailcenter number as I can't find that anywhwere.

I put the number in this way: 17044100000

Though it hasn't gone to my email address yet but it did "send" immediately as oppose to hanging in the outbox.
    http://www.sentinelvision.com/support/cellphones.aspx

does that site help with our issues?

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    In HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General there is a key for "Is GSM" and it's set to 1 by default. I wonder if this could be causing some issues?
    How can I edit the left softkey so it now opens the threaded messaging app and not the built in one?
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    http://www.sentinelvision.com/support/cellphones.aspx

does that site help with our issues?
    sorry, that doesn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uprey
    In HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General there is a key for "Is GSM" and it's set to 1 by default. I wonder if this could be causing some issues?
    THAT is interesting.

Likewise, under HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS

MaxMsgSize
    MaxVideoSize

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General

UseVodaphoneVoicemail 1

So those are things that may need to be changed.

For laughs I turned UseVodaphoneVoicemail and IsGSM to 0.

So has anyone found out the network configuration settings page yet? I hate to say YET, its only been a few hrs lol.

I need that email server name, its theinly way I can test this app
    http://ppc6700users.com/forums/viewt...eway&start=105

the post from "Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:44 pm"

I tried changing size limit,.. duno if that help either....

Likewise, under HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS

MaxMsgSize
    MaxVideoSize
    So maybe change those from 307200 (300k?) to 4194304 (4mb?)

Edit
    : actually this won't matter

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast