Page 79 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29697475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1700
    Anyone have an up to date tutorial on this? I really have the time to read through 78 pages of posts.

Thanx!
    First read the HowTo doc that came with the zip file. Then follow these simple steps.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1544
    Could someone please send this to me?

fliedlice @gmail.com

Thanks, much appreciated!
    can someone send it to me to ?

eastbayarb @ gmail.com
    Finally back to TreoCentral...been using a piece of crap 6700 for the last year! I sure would appreciate the newest cab file. colinguinn @ gmail.com Thanks in advance!
    After installing the treaded app, which I LOVE, I can no longer sync with activesync. My 700w "connects" to activesync but then fails when attempting to sync the PIM information. I am able to browse the phone via the mobile explorer and install apps, just cant sync. I get a generic message stating "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again." A buddy of mine also installed it on his cingy 8525 and he has the same issue. Has anyone experienced this issue? I can't find any related threads in the forum
    Last edited by Endeavor; 01/26/2007 at 10:17 AM.
    can somebody email me the software
    hi_tec69@yahoo.com
    THANK YOU SO MUCH
    Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
    After installing the treaded app, which I LOVE, I can no longer sync with activesync. My 700w "connects" to activesync but then fails when attempting to sync the PIM information. I am able to browse the phone via the mobile explorer and install apps, just cant sync. I get a generic message stating "Synchronization cannot be completed successfully. Reconnect your device and try again." A buddy of mine also installed it on his cingy 8525 and he has the same issue. Has anyone experienced this issue? I can't find any related threads in the forum
    Plan A: Remove the activesync partnership both on the pc and device and then plug in the sync cable to set it up fresh.

Plan B: Hard reset and restore to a backup from before you installed the Palm Messaging. Verify active sync is working. Install Palm Messaging again and hope for the best.

Remember that you should install immediately after a soft reset before any other programs are running.
    Thanks hannip. Recreating the partnership worked. I should of tried such a fundamental procedure before posting. Will do next time!
    I posted this issue in the sticky but don't know if it gets the looks this thread does. I did a hard reset today just to start fresh and get a good baseline backup..I tried to install the threaded sms on my SD card. I assume it was beta 4 becasue I remember leaving it on there for just for this reason. The date of the file on my SD card was 11-14-06. I don't remember having to do all the copy and paste stuff that is described. Just installed it and off it went. I am at a loss now after the hard reset with nothing else on the device messages hang in the outbox...anyone?? When I installed the program it changed the left softkey to SMS. I don't remember having to do anything else when I installed it the first time I did however start with the orginal version that had this same issue. Maybe I just don't remember doing all of those extra steps. I have read through the thread here and over at PPC and can't seem to find anyone who has had the same issue..If anyone can help I would appericate it. I did install the sprint SMS patch after the hard reset..Shouldn't matter anyway I wouldnt thing because I was testing it with an email address.
    Ah memories.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=119
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=674
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=51

hehe, ok to answer your question, yes you have to copy the 13 rom files to \Windows. Make sure you do it immediately after a soft reset to avoid problems with the copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigblue View Post
    I posted this issue in the sticky but don't know if it gets the looks this thread does. I did a hard reset today just to start fresh and get a good baseline backup..I tried to install the threaded sms on my SD card. I assume it was beta 4 becasue I remember leaving it on there for just for this reason. The date of the file on my SD card was 11-14-06. I don't remember having to do all the copy and paste stuff that is described. Just installed it and off it went. I am at a loss now after the hard reset with nothing else on the device messages hang in the outbox...anyone?? When I installed the program it changed the left softkey to SMS. I don't remember having to do anything else when I installed it the first time I did however start with the orginal version that had this same issue. Maybe I just don't remember doing all of those extra steps. I have read through the thread here and over at PPC and can't seem to find anyone who has had the same issue..If anyone can help I would appericate it. I did install the sprint SMS patch after the hard reset..Shouldn't matter anyway I wouldnt thing because I was testing it with an email address.

<------------MORON!!!! Started reading again and everything started comming back....everything I thought I didnt need to do I did...it works fine now....sorry for wasting space on the board..jeez
    I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if you need to do the copy/paste?

When you install from the cab, it creates a folder under Program Files, but all those files need to be copied to the Windows directory (thus, it doesn't matter where you install it). This is a required step in the process, and you will need to ensure the file explorer you are using can show hidden and system files (TotalCommander, GSFinder, etc.). The beta 4 will change the messaging softkey to SMS. Once installed, soft reset using a program (I would not suggest using the button under the battery cover). I've installed this program numerous times and have never had any issues. You can install the SMS patch before or after installing the Threaded SMS...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I don't really understand the question. Are you asking if you need to do the copy/paste?

When you install from the cab, it creates a folder under Program Files, but all those files need to be copied to the Windows directory (thus, it doesn't matter where you install it). This is a required step in the process, and you will need to ensure the file explorer you are using can show hidden and system files (TotalCommander, GSFinder, etc.). The beta 4 will change the messaging softkey to SMS. Once installed, soft reset using a program (I would not suggest using the button under the battery cover). I've installed this program numerous times and have never had any issues. You can install the SMS patch before or after installing the Threaded SMS...
    .......I am a d-bag...My brain checked out on me today...got it going...thanks everyone..
    the bottom left button on the 700wx says SMS, and theres two choices, how can you remove one of the choices?
    which choice do you want left? The email Messaging choice is hardcoded and can't be removed. The SMS one can be removed.
    I have been looking for a download of this APP for HOURS...Can someone please send it to me. Email address is bryanhem@comcast.net ThankS!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I've been using the older version of the file. Could someone send me the latest with the how to document? Please email to rcjones68@comcast.net.

thanks for the help.
    since this modifies the MMS settings and the SMS settings as far as the server etc that it sends to, will this have an affect on the "IN" txt and "IN" pix in flix for verizon? If it is hitting a external server instead of verizon's will it not show as a "IN" sms message and in turn charge for it?

Could someone post the original info for the server and email center number please? So that I can change it and see if it works please?
    Could somone please email me the cab file needed to install this app? s4l_74@yahoo.com. I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!