Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1700
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I just used spb diary to check those unread messages &,to my amazement,they ARE unread. There were a ton of replys I had gotten from txt's I had sent Christmas & New Years eve. Is there a way to stop these messages from basically FALLING THROUGH THE CRACKES? Is anyone else experiencing this other than Iramike?
    Removing poutlook from \Windows\Startup folder should help. I wish I knew what was different about my setup from others that are having this problem. I never had a single text leak yet.
  3. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Ok,I'm going to re-install the sms app. Hannip,when you installed it on yours,did you remove poutlook before or after you had installed it? Maybe that is the key to this issue. Also,other than after the installation,at which points did you perform a soft reset?
    1) remove poutlook from \Windows\Startup folder and disable periodic email checking. I also deleted all text messages in poutlook since you can no longer get to them anyway after this install.
    2) soft reset and turn off the radio to keep new texts from arriving while you install. Do not open the mail app or any other app other than Resco Explorer.
    3) run the cab install.
    4) copy the 13 rom files from \Program Files\Palm Messaging to \Windows. (I used Copy To feature of Resco. Select All, tap and hold and select Copy To, choose \Windows folder as destination.)
    5) soft reset. I use an app to soft reset. I suggest never to use the stylus in hole method of soft reset right after changing your device or changes may get lost. Magic Button has a soft reset option. There is also a reset app posted to this forum that you can use.
    6) turn radio back on. re-enable periodic email checking.

That's it.
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Ok,I'll try that now. Thanks
    Can't forward e-mails to people. The body doesn't get sent. Sometimes I don't even have a send button.

Saw another thread with a similiar problem related to Yahoo Go being the culprit. Anyone with Threaded SMS have a similiar forwarding problem...with or without Y go?
    I just forwarded an email using AOL mail on my device and it send and was received in its entirety. Some of the rom files in the install were suppose to fix the mail send issues. It might be possible that some didn't get copied to the \Windows folder if you had the mail app running when you did the copy. I would suggest doing a soft reset and try copying the 13 rom files again and soft reset again. See if that fixes it.
    Just got my 700wx. Would someone kindly share the latest beta of the Threaded SMS with me?

Thank you.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Is there a work around as yet to enable an incoming threaded sms tone while using phonealarm?
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I have a theory & please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe the reason I'm experiencing these leaked incoming sms messages is due to the fact that I cannot leave the app consistently running in the background so maybe when the message comes in,it misses the app completely. I don't have as much RAM to multitask as 700wx users do so if I say,open TCPMP for example & play an mp3,the sms app would close.Again,just a theory so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    That could very well be. I rarely close apps on my 700wx cuz I just don't need to. Although Palm Messaging isn't loaded after a soft reset until I open it and it still hasn't leaked when closed.
    I'd like to restore the database file that Palm Messaging uses. What is it called, and where is it?

thanks,

A
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Guys,I'm getting very impatient waiting for the VZW 700wx,the lack of RAM is killing me. I'm leaning towards the black MotoQ but before I make a final decision,how does the sms threaded app work on it? Has anyone tested it on that device?
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I'd like to restore the database file that Palm Messaging uses. What is it called, and where is it?

thanks,

A
    \Windows\PalmMsgV001
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Guys,I'm getting very impatient waiting for the VZW 700wx,the lack of RAM is killing me. I'm leaning towards the black MotoQ but before I make a final decision,how does the sms threaded app work on it? Has anyone tested it on that device?
    There are issues. It doesn't work right on the Q. It works on the Dash however.
    hmm, I guess the Dash isn't available from vzw. It works on the i730
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have been running it on the 700w since November now, and after the initial issues getting it up and running, maybe 2 times a month or so I have to install SPB Diary to get the lost message that I can't check other wise, but for the most part the threaded app works great. The only thing that bums me out is I can watch it run on my girlfriends 750 from Cingy and it does run a little zippier and she can also do MMS right from that app. Oh well, at least I got threaded I am not going to complain.

I did try it on my Q right after it came out and it was terrible. I had lots of crashes and you couldn't exit from certain windows. Its odd that the app works great on the Dash and not the Q, well I am not a Q fan so I am not going to be sad.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well,I decided to go with the Treo700wx w/SERO. Now that I finally have all this RAM,I would like to purchase phonealarm. Has anyone found a way to fix the issue with the notification sound using the sms threaded app with phonealarm?
    Is there any way to show the palm sms under SPB Diary? I can see old sms on SPB diary but the new one go straight to palm sms application only. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Well,I decided to go with the Treo700wx w/SERO. Now that I finally have all this RAM,I would like to purchase phonealarm. Has anyone found a way to fix the issue with the notification sound using the sms threaded app with phonealarm?
    I haven't tried phonealarm lately. From the lack of responses it looks like the answer is no.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcasio View Post
    Is there any way to show the palm sms under SPB Diary? I can see old sms on SPB diary but the new one go straight to palm sms application only. Thanks.
    The palm app holds its messages in \Windows\PalmMsgV001 and the poutlook mail app holds them in \cemail.vol. I doubt SPB will update their app to also read from the palm file just for treo's, but you could ask them.