Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, I've pretty much given up on Phone Alarm until there is a fix so that it doesn't stop new sms audible alerts while in the SMS app. I have no issues whatsoever with the threaded sms as long as I don't mess with bluetooth. It seems the sms patch does not play nicely between it and the threaded sms and bluetooth somehow.
    That's exactly the same problem I'm having. Phone Alarm won't alert you (vis vibrate or audible) when a new txt arrives while you're in the App.

Have you talked to the creator about this issue? I mentioned it recently and he wants me to send in my log file so he can fix the problem, but I haven't had time to recently. But maybe more the merrier?
    I haven't yet. Malatesta might have since he found the problem initially. I'll post over there to jump on the bandwagon.
    hi guys ,,
    i have subscribed to this forum especially to know how to remove the palm messaging softare,,
    everytime i try to uninstall i cant ,,
    i have tried almost everything ,,every tip i know ,, nothing can do the uninstall,
    do i have to make hard reset or what ,,
    pls to advise ,,
    thnx a lot ,,
    Removing it is not easy. That's why the instructions say to make a backup prior to installing it. The easy thing to do is hard reset and restore your backup from before the install.

To manually uninstall the app you'd have to remove the 13 rom files and then run the uninstall. To remove the 13 rom files you'd have to rename them and soft reset before you can delete them since they will be locked.
    thnx annip,,
    it was very informative ,,
    thnx again ,,,
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I got everything installed, but when I send SMS messages, I can't figure out how to open a chat box...it just sends the message and receives messages the same way it did before. I have the option for "Open a chat box" on "Always." But I can't figure it out...

Btw thanks hannip for the pm
    Quote Originally Posted by vznumba1 View Post
    can someone please send me beta 4 of palm messaging. thanks

miltonp@gmail.com
    sent from your request in other thread. no need to double post. if fact a little more reading and you could have got it a lot faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    In that post, hannip mentioned that you must be logged into that forum to see the download link. I just tested it and I could see the link once I logged in.
    Can anyone send me the newest .cab files? PLEASE, I looked and they arn't being hosted anywhere from what I can tell!

winter @ digitalwarnings . com

Thanks
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winter720 View Post
    Can anyone send me the newest .cab files? PLEASE, I looked and they arn't being hosted anywhere from what I can tell!

winter @ digitalwarnings . com

Thanks
    My question is why doesn't Palm put these files out themselves and if there is a reason why not then they should communicate them!!!

Can someone also send this to me at: tilroc@hotmail.com

Thanks!!
    Is there any way to get a sent SMS notification, when the message sends? most of mine seem to be getting caught up in the outbox and dont send untill i go in and say resend. sort of anoying.
    If you are getting text messages caught up in the outbox you haven't installed all 13 rom files to your \Windows folder. I would suggest doing a soft reset and re-copy the 13 files before loading poutlook or any other apps. Then soft reset again. See the HowTo doc that came with the program for more info.
    Re copyed them over, and had 13 replaced files. but after restarting first, and restarting after. it seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Im about to purchase phonealarm but first I have a quick question. With phonealarm installed,do you not get the incoming sms tone when you have the palm sms app open on screen & what about minimizing the palm sms app,will it sound then?
    Malatesta and I tested the audible alerts in Palm Messaging when phone alarm is installed. What you don't get is the audible alert while you are in chat mode. That is the main reason I don't use PA and now that I use the LED script to notify me of any missed notification I really don't miss PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Malatesta and I tested the audible alerts in Palm Messaging when phone alarm is installed. What you don't get is the audible alert while you are in chat mode. That is the main reason I don't use PA and now that I use the LED script to notify me of any missed notification I really don't miss PA.
    What is the LED script? I would love to have the LED notify of missed alerts as well. I stopped using PA a long, long time ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    What is the LED script? I would love to have the LED notify of missed alerts as well. I stopped using PA a long, long time ago!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525
    I am new to this. I just got my first treo(700wx) last week. can anybody tell me what is the bestg way to learm how to use or learn the treo way????

thanks
    Two questions about the SMS app:

1) When I send messages from an existing thread on my Verizon 700w, my wife's Verizon Motorola Q recives a copy of every past message in the thread. If we converse back and forth several times in a thread, she will get multiple copies of each prior message. So if I send one, she responds, and I send a second one, she now gets two separate SMS messages, etc...

Is this normal? Has anyone else seen this?

2) When I try to use the emoticons from the 700w, my wife's Q only shows the puntuation proxy, not the emoticion face. Do only other treo's with this app get to see the emoticon?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  19. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I'm having a consistent issue. I install the sms app then about 3-4 days later,its showing txt messages in both the email & sms today screen. When I check if there are any messages,there are absolutely zero. Ive tried checking every message & also deleting every message in the sms folder. What am I doing wrong? Its really annoying seeing 7 unread messages & you know you haven't received any new txt's at all. And yes,I HAVE copied all 13 files over & deleted poutlook from the startup folder.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I ran into that and run into that on a regular basis. Now I am sure I am going to goof the steps up somehow I always do so go through the thread it has been answered before.

Delete the poutlook.ink from your startup folder. Then download and install Spb Diary, after that is installed it will let you view those messages that you are unable to view, delete them and uninstall the program. Your problem should be fixed. I only ever seem to have that happen once every two or three weeks now. Good Luck
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.