poutlook.exe
    tkitapp.exe
    tmail.exe
    tmailutl.dll
    tmarshaller.exe
    tpcutil.dll
    webview.dll
    pimgdll.dll

I keep getting (Cannot rename htmlnote.dll. Access denied.
    Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong?
    Are you trying to uninstall or install the app? For install you need to copy these files from \Program Files\Palm Messaging\ folder to the \Windows folder. Do it after a fresh soft reset so no other programs are loaded to conflict with your copy.

If you are trying to uninstall you'll need to soft reset before you can rename these files. Easier to hard reset and restore to a backup from before your install.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It works 100% of the time for me. Make sure you delete poutlook from \Windows\Startup if you have it there. It can cause problems.
    Are you using a 6700? And yes, I have deleted poutlook from the Startup folder too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider View Post
    Are you using a 6700? And yes, I have deleted poutlook from the Startup folder too.
    No, I have a 700wx. It could be your AKU level. Do you have the latest update installed for your 6700? Maybe someone that has a 6700 can help? Maybe try ppcgeeks?
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider View Post
    Ok, is anyone else having problems with the autocomplete still with the latest version? It will work sometimes; but after I send a few texts, it quits working. Most of the time it will take a soft reset to get my autocomplete back. I've done multiple hard resets, and followed the installation instructions perfectly. But I'm still having the same problem. Somebody please help.
    Unfortunately,Im experiencing the same issue with autocomplete & I have a 700W. Any fixes?
    Can you describe the problem in more detail.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    After a soft reset the autocomplete works but afterwords,when the phone goes into sleep mode then power it on & attempt to write a new txt,the autocomplete no longer works while composing a txt message.
    hmm, not recreatable on the wx. I wonder if that is some kind of memory issue on the w. Although I wouldn't expect that to be the case on the 6700.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    After a soft reset the autocomplete works but afterwords,when the phone goes into sleep mode then power it on & attempt to write a new txt,the autocomplete no longer works while composing a txt message.
    What's worse, is that it also breaks auto complete for all applications; not just the SMS program. So the auto complete for writing new emails, surfing the web, etc., also doesn't work. That can be very frustrating. So you can see why I've teetered back and forth with this program.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    In addition,after I first installed the sms threading,I had exactly 20MB of storage space left. I havent added anything additional or deleted since & now Im down to 17MB somehow. Its almost like a storage leak like the issue Im having with the RAM. It has continued to decrease gradually 1mb at a time.Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    In addition,after I first installed the sms threading,I had exactly 20MB of storage space left. I havent added anything additional or deleted since & now Im down to 17MB somehow. Its almost like a storage leak like the issue Im having with the RAM. It has continued to decrease gradually 1mb at a time.Any thoughts?
    Are you sure it's not PIE cache? That can easily rip through 3 mb of storage after surfing a few pages.
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I feel like an *****. Thanks,that solved it.
    the auto complete problems are not due to this app. I had some of these issues before the app was released. I have no idea what caused it but a softreset always fixed it.
    Does anyone have this cab that they can send me? I am registered at PPCGEEKS and it is gone. I would really appreciate it. THanks
  14. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Does anyone have 2 messaging icons when you go to start/programs? I have 2 of them,one with just messaging & the second messaging (1).
    Does anyone have 2 messaging icons when you go to start/programs? I have 2 of them,one with just messaging & the second messaging (1).
    Go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder and delete the extra one.
    Is there a way to silence the ringer while typing a message, I've been typing messages and another one will come in and the ringer doesn't stop playing?
    I love the threaded SMS app. Everything works as advertised. But, I'm thinking something just isn't right. For about three weeks, I had to hard reset and reinstall everything about three times. The phone seemed sluggish and would eventually lock up in some form....not complete a soft reset. Does anyone else experience this?

Was initially running Phone Alarm, Weather Panel, and Threaded SMS. Gave up on Phone alarm. Now using SBSH weather which seems more responsive. Miss the Threaded SMS app, but I haven't had to even soft reset in more than a week, and the phone is way more responsive and zippy.

Wondering if I should try Threaded SMS again....
    Yeah, I've pretty much given up on Phone Alarm until there is a fix so that it doesn't stop new sms audible alerts while in the SMS app. I have no issues whatsoever with the threaded sms as long as I don't mess with bluetooth. It seems the sms patch does not play nicely between it and the threaded sms and bluetooth somehow.
    I have a HP 6915 running WM5 and would love to get the threaded SMS working... Love that feature on my Treo 650. You can PM or email me the .cab or link at robbied [AT] gmail.com

Thanks
    Last edited by RobbieD; 12/16/2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: email
  20. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I will host it on megaupload if someone PM's me a link
    Last edited by aph; 01/31/2011 at 12:32 PM.