Page 71 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1700
    i had that same issue as well....im running the 700w.....i received three txts but never got them......i recieved the alert...couple minutes later i powered up to look and it looked as though the envelope icon and a popup dissapeared RIGHT as the screen turned on.....i opened all messengers and nothing there.....said i had 3 sms in phone alarm plug in when i didint.....so i left it cuz i didnt wanna hard reset.....

BUT listen to this.....i had 3 txts it said.....then i didnt recieve another the next day so the count was up to 4.....then that night i recieved a txt and the count went down to 3 again.....recieved a few more here and there and the txt count dropped again displaying 2........it wouldnt get off of 2 so i finally hard reset to the day after i installed the app
    I was wondering if any one in here can tell me what the settings are for verizon carrier apparently everything is set up for sprint meaning the mms. But once again looking for the correct verizon set up for mms. The setting i'm seeking is options advanced then network configurations.
    I think you just need to change your MMS URL in the settings to:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Although the mms support in the Palm Messaging app doesn't appear to work with pre-AKU2.3 devices.
    Sorry if this has been covered already...believe me I searched....What from the .cab can be erased from the 700 once Beta 4 is installed and working correctly? Thanks...
    You can remove the contents of \Program Files\Palm Messaging\ folder.
    IsLNdbOi reports that the i830w gets the OOM error when sending an mms from the palm app just like the rest of us. However the i830w is at the AKU2.6 level. What this tells me is that this isn't an AKU issue. It has to be something else. The i830w doesn't support mms natively, but I would've expected a different error if the problem was due to the AKU level.

This makes sense since I've tried running the Palm app using all 750 dll's on my 700wx and it still didn't work.

What else is different with the 750's and tytn's that we don't have on our treo's? The i830w even does GSM so I think that can be ruled out.

I'm running out of ideas. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. For now I'm just hoping the upcoming patch might make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think you just need to change your MMS URL in the settings to:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Although the mms support in the Palm Messaging app doesn't appear to work with pre-AKU2.3 devices.
    Ok one last question how about the setting fro email center number mine says 6245 which i think is sprints as well. What should I set this to.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Ok one last question how about the setting fro email center number mine says 6245 which i think is sprints as well. What should I set this to.
    It's the same for vzw.
    IsLNdbOi reports that the i830w gets the OOM error when sending an mms from the palm app just like the rest of us. However the i830w is at the AKU2.6 level. What this tells me is that this isn't an AKU issue. It has to be something else. The i830w doesn't support mms natively, but I would've expected a different error if the problem was due to the AKU level.

This makes sense since I've tried running the Palm app using all 750 dll's on my 700wx and it still didn't work.

What else is different with the 750's and tytn's that we don't have on our treo's? The i830w even does GSM so I think that can be ruled out.

I'm running out of ideas. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. For now I'm just hoping the upcoming patch might make a difference.
    It may still be an AKU issue...if they changed something for 2.3, then decided to change again for 2.6 (for whatever reason), it could just be a .dll. The only way to know for sure would be to get a different 2.3 phone to try, but I couldn't tell you what phone that could be.

I am thinking, however, that because its a memory error, somehting is telling the app that your memory is low, or most likely ZERO. It's taking the memory stats from somewhere, and I'm guessing that "somewhere" isn't there on the phone. Do you know of any phones that MMS works on besides the 750?
    [QUOTE=Littlepat;112655. Do you know of any phones that MMS works on besides the 750?[/QUOTE]

I thought mms worked with this app on the tytn. could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I thought mms worked with this app on the tytn. could be wrong though.
    Oh Boy! I will let you know tomorrow
    It definitely works on the tytn and a few others that I thought were > AKU2.3

EDIT: Ok, so I thought I saw someone with an upgraded MDA where it worked, but I can't find it now. So the only other device besides the 750 that mms works on is the tytn that is verifiable.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/15/2006 at 04:56 PM.
    It definitely works on the tytn and a few others that I thought were > AKU2.3
    I believe the TyTn shipped with 2.3. The 8525 I'm picking up tomorrow is 3.0, and if it has the mms issue I am sure it's a 2.3-specific file we are missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I believe the TyTn shipped with 2.3. The 8525 I'm picking up tomorrow is 3.0, and if it has the mms issue I am sure it's a 2.3-specific file we are missing.
    But the thing is I tried *every* file from the 750 that was possible to try.
    But the thing is I tried *every* file from the 750 that was possible to try.
    A registry setting maybe? It's weird how it ONLY works on 2.3 devices- the 750, the tytn. Wait a day and see if I can get it to work on the AKU 3.0 device, and take it from there. I promise to give you any ROM or REG dump I can
    Well, I got the 8525, the threaded app works flawlessly, but the AKU is 2.3, not 3.o as it was stated on the Internet. I didn't copy any files over, and only had to google the cingular mms settings.
    Well, I got the 8525, the threaded app works flawlessly, but the AKU is 2.3, not 3.o as it was stated on the Internet. I didn't copy any files over, and only had to google the cingular mms settings.
    can't believe you went to the 8525

so you gonna mod our section for that ppcgeeks?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    haha I offered!

Its a good phone, not crazy about the slider, but its PACKED with hardware
    Ok so we now have a pattern. I'd like to examine the registry and maybe a list of all files in the windows folder.

Thanks!

EDIT: So the tytn and 8525 are both Hermes devices. The 750v Cheetah is a close cousin to the Hermes. These devices are not only at the same AKU level, but they have a lot of the same internals.
    Have you tried adding a voice recording to an mms using the Palm voice recorder?
    Last edited by hannip; 11/17/2006 at 07:08 AM.
    Ok so we now have a pattern. I'd like to examine the registry and maybe a list of all files in the windows folder.

Thanks!

EDIT: So the tytn and 8525 are both Hermes devices. The 750v Cheetah is a close cousin to the Hermes. These devices are not only at the same AKU level, but they have a lot of the same internals.
    Have you tried adding a voice recording to an mms using the Palm voice recorder?
    No, but I can after work today...

If you want a rom/reg dump let me know, and you're going to have to let e know how to do it also