Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1700
  1. #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hey gameboy, what device are you using? This could be a problem specific to 700wx's related to the encoding issue. I'm assuming you aren't using a wx since sending to vzw is broken for most wx users.

    EDIT: I see you said you use a 6700 from a previous post. Hmm, we need to test multipart from a device other than a 700wx to a 700wx (sprint to sprint).

    Ah, let me guess. Sprint may not support base64 encoded multipart sms initiated from a 700wx. If my guess is correct this will be fixed with the rumored update we are suppose to get by the end of November.
    yep 6700... no issues at all in sending long messages. At least not that I have seen or heard of.
  2. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #1382  
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but in the past few days with beta 4, I have noticed that I have to reset after a few days cause I don't know if there is a network error or what but I have a txt that is stuck in the Inbox as opposed to that Palm App. I made two Sprite backups, one without the Palm App and one with and have been trying each out. The one without doesn't have the issue, but now that I have gotten used to having threaded SMS again I don't want to go back.

    Other than that, no issues at all, smooth as glass. Keep up the good work!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict


    The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  3. #1383  
    Try removing the poutlook.lnk in your startup folder to see if that fixes the random inbox text.
  4. NextDream's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #1384  
    Working like a champ on my 700w. Thanks
  5. J_Uneek's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1385  
    Just a thought that ran through my mind today, I wonder if/when Sprint/Palm releases a patch to fix this whole "text message to other carrier" issue, will the patch just screw up our lovely threaded messaging?.. Just a thought..


  6. #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    Just a thought that ran through my mind today, I wonder if/when Sprint/Palm releases a patch to fix this whole "text message to other carrier" issue, will the patch just screw up our lovely threaded messaging?.. Just a thought..
  7. #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Uneek View Post
    Just a thought that ran through my mind today, I wonder if/when Sprint/Palm releases a patch to fix this whole "text message to other carrier" issue, will the patch just screw up our lovely threaded messaging?.. Just a thought..
    I doubt it. The issue seems to be one of converting base64 to ascii (or something along those lines).

    Palm messenger app certainly didn't fix the problem which tells me it has little to do with it as well. Considering it works with other WM5 devices, all this "patch" should do is bring us up to par with every other WM5 device out there.

    I mean, anything is possible. But at this point I don't see any reason to believe this would be the case.

    Heck, I'm still hoping this is actually a full rom upgrade with Palm Messaging included

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. J_Uneek's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Heck, I'm still hoping this is actually a full rom upgrade with Palm Messaging included
    Yeah how sweet would THAT be..


  9. #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I doubt it. The issue seems to be one of converting base64 to ascii (or something along those lines).

    Palm messenger app certainly didn't fix the problem which tells me it has little to do with it as well. Considering it works with other WM5 devices, all this "patch" should do is bring us up to par with every other WM5 device out there.

    I mean, anything is possible. But at this point I don't see any reason to believe this would be the case.

    Heck, I'm still hoping this is actually a full rom upgrade with Palm Messaging included
    Even if the patch just brings us up to AKU2.3 then we can get rid of those 13 rom files and the Palm app should work perfectly including the mms piece.
    I'll be very happy if the patch includes working a2dp support. I can dream.
  10. #1390  
    Yea, I'm pretty happy with all I have now on my treo 700wx. I have almost every program running just how I like it and only 10mb to spare on my internal storage LOL. (Was never able to have all this stuff running at the same time with my 6700)The only problem I have is when the new patch does come out I will need to back-up to my previous back-up that I made before the first palm messaging app came out which is fine but I have added so mush other stuff after that which I will need to install all over again. Bummer unless I can figure out a way to full restore with what I have now along with beta4 but I'm sure it will not thou.
  11. #1391  
    I think it's best to reinstall from scratch after applying an update.
  12. #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think it's best to reinstall from scratch after applying an update.

    I'm sure you're right.
  13. #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    I'm sure you're right.
    I always recommend to keep, on your storage card, the CAB's for every program on your phone. Then after a hard reset you can just go down the line and install. And with Exchange setup, you can perform a hard reset anywhere, and have everything installed back on your phone before you get home. I also keep a word document on my card with my reg codes, though I only need 3 of them.

    I don't like to backup because I'm not confident w/them. Does it backup your registry? It better, but if I update my phone won't a restore override the changes made by the update? I already think too much, don't need more food for thought
  14. #1394  
    That's good advice Littlepat. I wish I were that organized!

    Backups do include your registry. One of the reasons why I would suggest not doing a restore after an update cuz it could be overwriting reg fixes that the update made.
  15. #1395  
    Beta4 is working fine on my 700wx.

    Question: If I am texting and replying in a thread about topic 1 to Joe, and I want to start a new topic with Joe by starting a new text thread, it sends it over as a reply to the topic 1 thread. I do not see it as a new text sent out.

    Do I have a setting messed up in the app. I have it start a chat only on my reply.
  16. #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I always recommend to keep, on your storage card, the CAB's for every program on your phone. Then after a hard reset you can just go down the line and install. And with Exchange setup, you can perform a hard reset anywhere, and have everything installed back on your phone before you get home. I also keep a word document on my card with my reg codes, though I only need 3 of them.

    I don't like to backup because I'm not confident w/them. Does it backup your registry? It better, but if I update my phone won't a restore override the changes made by the update? I already think too much, don't need more food for thought
    this is exactly what i do as well. i do have spb back up, but just feel it takes better manually.
  17. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but in the past few days with beta 4, I have noticed that I have to reset after a few days cause I don't know if there is a network error or what but I have a txt that is stuck in the Inbox as opposed to that Palm App. I made two Sprite backups, one without the Palm App and one with and have been trying each out. The one without doesn't have the issue, but now that I have gotten used to having threaded SMS again I don't want to go back.

    Other than that, no issues at all, smooth as glass. Keep up the good work!
    Had the weird random txt issue again today, removed the poutlook.ink from startup and I still had this txt. I am not complaining, I just did a restore in sprite from when I installed everything and it was fine. I just let ya'll know about it so if it is a bug that needs fix it gets taken care of for the next build. Keep up the fantastic work!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict


    The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  18. #1398  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    Had the weird random txt issue again today, removed the poutlook.ink from startup and I still had this txt. I am not complaining, I just did a restore in sprite from when I installed everything and it was fine. I just let ya'll know about it so if it is a bug that needs fix it gets taken care of for the next build. Keep up the fantastic work!
    I have the same odd recurring problem on my 700W.

    Occasionally, I get a text message flag on my Today screen in the poutlook ap. Obviously, I can't read that particular text until I delete the 13 files from \Windows and uninstall Palm Messaging. Also, when that happens, I lose (never receive) every subsequent text until I fix it.

    After Palm Messaging is uninstalled, I can read the text in poutlook. Then I delete it, clear all the text folders from poutlook, soft boot, ***now here's the REALLY weird part***, sometimes when I go back in to poutlook, the message I just deleted is back!

    When I finally get a clean text folder after soft boot, I reinstall SMS and all is well with the world...for a few days.
  19. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #1399  
    This fixed my "unread message" problem when the app shows an unread text when there is none:

    I did a hard reset and restore, but didnt restore the "email" selection in Sprite Back Up. Once the restore was done, I had everything back except my email accounts which I had to re enter, but the Unread Text problem was gone. I havent had a false "Unread text" alarm since

    Hope this helps someone!
  20. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #1400  
    Had the issue again, I have to give up on the threaded for right now. Its been happening every few days now where I get that message stuck in the outlook app. I will wait till another beta pops up... maybe it will be fixed
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict


    The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.

Posting Permissions