Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I ran your test and it's been over 5 minutes since I replied and still haven't gotten anything back (I'll post once I do). This is still a work in progress. We've got the app, and we'll fix it!

Guys just remember how much work it was to get this app, and we've finally got it (awesome news!!) We have the best people working on all of this, and I know we'll get this working perfectly soon!!
    look under your Outbox, it's probably still there.

Like I said, if this SMS is going to an email address (like Sprintusers, or some other web SMS) IT WILL NOT WORK (until we get that info).

Speaking of Message Centers, thanks dsam99 for that link...

unfortunately, when I put a number in that field it does NOT stick...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    i was talking to this girl today about her sidekick that she got rid of, she said they had to pay an EXTRA $20 a month for a "sidekick plan" and she hated it cause you could send MMS stuff like that, it HAD to be sent to an email and you would have to go online to check your picture mial type thing they have. She went to the place and called and they said thats how it has to be. So thats why she now longer has her sidekick.

back on track: yeah it was so much better on the 650, but yeah im sure well eventually get it all figured out. I just dont know why they didnt prepare for all this BEFORE the phone came out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Like I said, if this SMS is going to an email address (like Sprintusers, or some other web SMS) IT WILL NOT WORK (until we get that info).

yeah I tried it too.. But it wont stay damnit~
    I ran your test and it's been over 5 minutes since I replied and still haven't gotten anything back (I'll post once I do). This is still a work in progress. We've got the app, and we'll fix it!

Guys just remember how much work it was to get this app, and we've finally got it (awesome news!!) We have the best people working on all of this, and I know we'll get this working perfectly soon!!

Ok it took around 10 minutes for the text to get through, but at least it got sent
    Jimmie Geddes
    Ok it took around 10 minutes for the text to get through, but at least it got sent
    don't forget, I'm not sure how we can count out Sprint's crappy SMS service with the 700wx in all of this, so it's a major confound as far as I'm concerned.

I did another text and checked, It was in there, and I re-sent it and it immediately got sent and received. So this is getting better
    Jimmie Geddes
    Getting the Memory error for MMS.
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    So as Malatesta said, check your outbox and if it's in there and you hit resend it automatically goes out and gets received. Good find Malatesta!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I don't think in this case thats right Malatesta....its something with the app in this case unfortunately....if you go into the outbox and open the message and hit resend it goes pretty much right away....I'm willing to bet that Jimmie got another txt while waiting or sent someone else another txt....

hopefully we can get this slight issue fixed.....the workaround for sending txt's inside threaded conversations is to reply, go to outbox, open your message, resend, and send....it works, try it out!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    So as Malatesta said, check your outbox and if it's in there and you hit resend it automatically goes out and gets received. Good find Malatesta!!!

No, as TimGSU said at 9:44 PM
    I am sending texts from my 700wx to my 700p so I am seeing it very clearly. If you reply to a text it will get sent like 10 minutes later, but if you go to the outbox and hit re-send it sends it very fast. I have my 700p and 700wx testing this out. It's a great workaround that Malatesta found. The sms stays in the outbox and needs to be pushed out again. It then disappears very quicky from the outbox and my 700p rings with the text I just resent. It's a minor annoyance, but it works!

I just saw you posted it at 9:44 this has been a fast, crazy night.My bad if I'm not crediting you TimGSU , everyone here is top notch!!!
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/18/2006 at 09:09 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    whoa whoa...

I never said anything about just "resending" it from the Outbox, I was just pointing out that I bet it was there waiting....

Question:
    Anyone know if there are and where Registry settings for this app could be? Maybe we can find something there?

Thanks everyone for figuring out the fix
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    okay so the install is fairly painless. the bugs currently I have seen:

does not send immediately
    MMS fails with out of memory errors (but in some cases still sends)
    still cant send to outside sprint...unless I want to send garbage

FWIW, I reverted the registry and can now send MMS from POutlook and still receive text and MMS via the threaded app
    its true it does work... but im still getting garbage on the other end on AIM. and my guess is it ISN'T AIM's fault...

the reply in BLUE is supposed to be "yo"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (35.9 KB, 172 views)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    okay so the install is fairly painless. the bugs currently I have seen:

does not send immediately
    MMS fails with out of memory errors (but in some cases still sends)
    still cant send to outside sprint...unless I want to send garbage

FWIW, I reverted the registry and can now send MMS from POutlook and still receive text and MMS via the threaded app
    I only have a Sprint 700p to test it out on. Are you saying that non-Sprint people won't get our texts? Not completely following you.
    Jimmie Geddes
    JUST FOR CLARIFICATION:

Can EVERYONE when posting results, just quickly mention 700w or 700wx (or verzion/sprint).

also mention WHO are you messaging e.g. email, another mobile or AIM..etc.

Due to the known Sprint issues with SMS and the 700wx, we HAVE to be careful that we don't fault Palm SMS over Sprint.... ;-)

You guys are using the threaded SMS app to send mail? I guess it's MMS, when I try to send to my mac mail I get out of memory error on my Sprint Treo 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    You guys are using the threaded SMS app to send mail?
    You can SMS to an email address. In theory.

When you are in your address book, choose someones email address. It won't work though.

Also why sending/replying to a web-based SMS won't work.

whoa whoa...

I never said anything about just "resending" it from the Outbox, I was just pointing out that I bet it was there waiting....

Question:
    Anyone know if there are and where Registry settings for this app could be? Maybe we can find something there?
    MAL i found some registry settings and Im playing with them, they are at:

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS or SMS or General

Im playing with all the settings I found out that doesnt matter that you change mms settings in the APP the registry still gets the defaul ones. So i changed it in the registry and did soft reset and retry but nothing..
    Hope someone find something..
Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast