Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1700
  1. #1361  
    So Sprint tells me they support up to 160 characters in a text message. So I think setting the max to 160 and parts to 1 are probably the best settings.

    Edit: Someone reported 145 multipart fails using stock text messaging app. So 140 seems to be the limit and the Palm Messaging app isn't causing the problem. So 140/1 are the right settings until Sprint fixes the encoding problem.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/11/2006 at 05:11 PM.
  2. #1362  
    I am pretty sure that I caused the problem with someone and my text was less than 160...wouldnt swear to it, but I am pretty sure.
  3. #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    I am pretty sure that I caused the problem with someone and my text was less than 160...wouldnt swear to it, but I am pretty sure.
    Well I'll test out the 160 char single part text message once I get things working again. It seems to me though that the problem is occurring due to the multipart sms that the Palm app is sending. I guess we'll find out.
  4. #1364  
    Ok from one Verizon phone to another there seems to be no problem with sending a message over 160 using this app. The app is splitting it up and both parts are coming in w/in seconds of each other.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
  5. #1365  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You didn't happen to leave some text messages in the poutlook mail app did you?
    no ive been runningthis app flawlessy for a coupl days now...working like a top...then today i get a txt alert i power up my phone to see and nothing there....happened twice that i know of...then i soft reset my phone and now phone alarm is saying i have 4txtx and i have no outlook txt anymore and nothing in any box in the new app
  6. #1366  
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    no ive been runningthis app flawlessy for a coupl days now...working like a top...then today i get a txt alert i power up my phone to see and nothing there....happened twice that i know of...then i soft reset my phone and now phone alarm is saying i have 4txtx and i have no outlook txt anymore and nothing in any box in the new app
    It could be your cemail.vol is corrupted. Try a backup, hard reset and restore. The cemail.vol isnt' backed up so you should get a clean version that way.
  7. #1367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankinia View Post
    Ok from one Verizon phone to another there seems to be no problem with sending a message over 160 using this app. The app is splitting it up and both parts are coming in w/in seconds of each other.
    Ok, seems to be a consensus that it works ok on vzw even if you initiate the message from a Sprint (not 700wx) to a vzw user. BTW, are you using beta3 or beta4 of the Palm Messaging app?

    So the test cases are:
    vzw to vzw - OK for both single and multipart
    sprint to vzw - OK for both single and multipart (not including 700wx of course)
    sprint to cingular - OK for both single and multipart (including 700wx!)
    sprint 700wx to sprint - OK for single (up to 140 char, need to test to 160), Fail for multipart
    sprint other to sprint - OK for both single and multipart (still need to test to 700wx)
    cingular to sprint - OK for single and multipart
    other providers to sprint - OK for single, Unknown for multipart.

    Please everyone post your experiences:
    post the following info:
    - Device/Service to Device/Service
    - Single (140, 150, 160) or Multipart
    - List what your MaxCharsPerMsg is set to
    - What beta version of the Palm Messaging app is used for send

    Thanks!
    Last edited by hannip; 11/11/2006 at 03:38 PM.
  8. #1368  
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    I am using the Beta 3 build and can send longer messages fine.... much longer. i just sent a 432 character message fine to a verizon customer. Or is this only an issue with Beta 4?
    Hey gameboy, what device are you using? This could be a problem specific to 700wx's related to the encoding issue. I'm assuming you aren't using a wx since sending to vzw is broken for most wx users.

    EDIT: I see you said you use a 6700 from a previous post. Hmm, we need to test multipart from a device other than a 700wx to a 700wx (sprint to sprint).

    Ah, let me guess. Sprint may not support base64 encoded multipart sms initiated from a 700wx. If my guess is correct this will be fixed with the rumored update we are suppose to get by the end of November.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/11/2006 at 07:14 AM.
  9. #1369  
    - 6700/Sprint to Every Device except a 700w/wx/Every Service
    - Multipart
    - Default
    - beta4

    I will test with a 700wx user if need be.
    Multiparts work just fine for me
  10. #1370  
    I'm betting it will work from 6700 to 700wx multipart also. I'll test this with you after I get out of (1/2) hell if nobody else volunteers before that.
  11. #1371  
    Is there a site currently hosting this file? Or can anyone PM me with a location. Thanks.
  12. #1372  
    http://ppcgeeks.com/palm-threaded-sm...1-06-t978.html

    You'll need to log in to see the downloads.
  13. #1373  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ok, seems to be a consensus that it works ok on vzw even if you initiate the message from a Sprint (not 700wx) to a vzw user. BTW, are you using beta3 or beta4 of the Palm Messaging app?
    Hannip here are the details.

    700w/verizon to 700w Verizon
    Single of 160 and multipart work great
    I think my MaxCharsPerMsg is set to 160 at 161 it splits to the second message
    Beta4 sort of. I had 3 and then just added in the files for 4.

    I hope this helps to straighten the problems out.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
  14. #1374  
    from treo650 on cingular to 700wx on sprint, multipart works fine.

    700wx to 700wx both sprint....multipart causes 1/2 hell.

    700wx on sprint to treo650 on cingular multipart works fine
  15. #1375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Durso View Post
    from treo650 on cingular to 700wx on sprint, multipart works fine.

    700wx to 700wx both sprint....multipart causes 1/2 hell.

    700wx on sprint to treo650 on cingular multipart works fine
    Threaded app?
  16. #1376  
    sorry, yes....Beta4
  17. #1377  
    Quote Originally Posted by Durso View Post
    from treo650 on cingular to 700wx on sprint, multipart works fine.

    700wx to 700wx both sprint....multipart causes 1/2 hell.

    700wx on sprint to treo650 on cingular multipart works fine
    That's an interesting data point. I've updated my test cases. Thanks!

    Has anyone tried 700wx to other Sprint device?
  18. #1378  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's an interesting data point. I've updated my test cases. Thanks!

    Has anyone tried 700wx to other Sprint device?
    I think the only other we need is a non-700wx Sprint phone, multipart, to a wx.
  19. #1379  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I think the only other we need is a non-700wx Sprint phone, multipart, to a wx.
    Did someone report 700wx to other sprint device yet?
  20. #1380  
    I just looked a little, don't see any. So we need wx and non-wx Sprint, both directions.

Posting Permissions