Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    hehe just found out a new trick, replace the smilies!

just find any 15x15 smilie (you can use other sizes, but they will be shrunk down to 15x15 and rename them to the smiley names in the windows directory. awesome bonus, ANIMATED smilies work as well
    That's an awesome find takmsdsm !!!

Hmm, so I guess only you see the different smileys though right? Unless we package up a cool set to distribute.
    So the results of our tests are:

130 char sms works
    140 char sms works
    150 char multipart sms fails. So it appears that the Sprint network can't handle multipart messages (at least from this app).

Ok, here is a new reg file that sets maxchars to 140 and maxparts to 1. This will keep you from sending an sms > 140 chars and keep you from ruining a friends relationship.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So this means that if a message it 150 characters (for example) with the new reg patch, it will cut it off at 140 and not send a second part?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    So this means that if a message it 150 characters (for example) with the new reg patch, it will cut it off at 140 and not send a second part?
    It won't let you send a message > 140. It will give you an error saying you've exceeded the max.
    I am using the Beta 3 build and can send longer messages fine.... much longer. i just sent a 432 character message fine to a verizon customer. Or is this only an issue with Beta 4?
    hmm, every time I hit the reg patch, it just opens my regedit program. No confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    I am using the Beta 3 build and can send longer messages fine.... much longer. i just sent a 432 character message fine to a verizon customer. Or is this only an issue with Beta 4?
    I believe it's only an issue when you send to another Sprint phone. But if/when I start receiving messages again we can test the beta 3 vs beta 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    hmm, every time I hit the reg patch, it just opens my regedit program. No confirmation.
    Try opening your reg editor and import the reg file from there. You can also manually change the settings. It's only two settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    That's an awesome find takmsdsm !!!

Hmm, so I guess only you see the different smileys though right? Unless we package up a cool set to distribute.
    yep we could do that. at least the palm messaging users will get them
    Try opening your reg editor and import the reg file from there. You can also manually change the settings. It's only two settings.
    The reg editor has the "import" option grayed out
    I would suggest just manually modifying the entries if you can't import them. Resco must have associated .reg files with the Resco registry plugin on mine. That's why I can just click on them to import.
    Last edited by stroths; 11/10/2006 at 07:07 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    So, its just the 160 to 140 and the 10 to 1..?
    So, its just the 160 to 140 and the 10 to 1..?
    yep, that's it.
    yep, that's it.
    ok, thanks again hannip.

I see it allows you to exceed the 140 char. but will give you the error message and you then must back up 140 or less. Works well. Now I've gotta test. lol

UPDATE: No reply from a buddy of mine that always replies right away when I send him. ut-oh!
    Last edited by Raspster; 11/10/2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Is this just a Sprint issue or is it VZW as well? I am not sure if I got a message that was over 160 yet, and I am just curious to what happens to VZW users?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    ok, thanks again hannip.

I see it allows you to exceed the 140 char. but will give you the error message and you then must back up 140 or less. Works well. Now I've gotta test. lol

UPDATE: No reply from a buddy of mine that always replies right away when I send him. ut-oh!
    hmm, well it worked for stroths and I
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    Is this just a Sprint issue or is it VZW as well? I am not sure if I got a message that was over 160 yet, and I am just curious to what happens to VZW users?
    Not sure about VZW. Someone claimed it worked fine for them.
    i just soft reset my treo700w and it shows that i have 4 sms when i just deleted everything......where do i go to delete these false alerts? thanks
    I am on Verizon. I can't recall if anyone has sent me a message that long recently. I know I have sent a few message around 160 in length to a friend but I am not sure what provider she uses. I know she got them without a problem though. I am on the Beta4.
    Last edited by Dankinia; 11/11/2006 at 01:13 PM.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    i just soft reset my treo700w and it shows that i have 4 sms when i just deleted everything......where do i go to delete these false alerts? thanks
    You didn't happen to leave some text messages in the poutlook mail app did you?