Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    Mine shows:

maxcharspermsg 160(0x0000a0)
    maxpartspermsg 10(0x00000a)

Is this ok?
    Yes, those settings are fine.
    mine spins a lot with the net framework that is required for on demand. I moved it to storage card and all has been good. a lot faster.

my question is how many of the people with the windows folder delay have the framework on the device.
    I've gone back to beta 3 for now, I don't know why but beta 4 seemed to slow my 700wx down a little bit, espcially when using resco explorer. I want to thank all of you for your continued work on this!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Figured I would install the new beta4 as I was curious about the SMS left key changed from the messaging key. Turns out I did not read back from a few pages in the thread (duh!) and had the lock-up which resulted in a hard reset (gotta love back-up!) followed the instructions on deleting the 13 dll & exe (some were unable to be deleted) finished that, tried to un-install the messaging app, said that it was unable to un-install and asked if I would like to remove it from the un-install list. (tried to un-install multipe times with no luck) then soft reset, installed new beta4, soft re-set. re-copied the 13 files along with the new one (pimg.dll) soft reset. I cann see the new app and everything seems to be ok along with all the added stuff in beta4 but the question I have is, did I copy this program twice onto my device with the unsucessful un-install from the old version (beta2)..?
    I had the same problem with not being able to really uninstall beta 3, and installing beta 4. My sms key went back to messaging, and beta 4 slowed down my 700wx. Beta 3 worked flawlessly, and still does. That's why these are still betas
    Jimmie Geddes
    Same here, but I renamed the SMS folder to SMS.OLD and it took it out all together and now the SMS key will do palm messaging app, and messaging will do email accounts. Don't notice any difference in speed, I have so much stuff jacked into my device that I only have 12mb free for internal storage, so I was a bit slow to begin with, LOL. Still though, not sure if it installed twice. I would think it would know to copy over any existing files, no..?
    Here's a question that has baffled me since installing the thread app. How do we access the smiley's without actually tapping it on the touch screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    mine spins a lot with the net framework that is required for on demand. I moved it to storage card and all has been good. a lot faster.

my question is how many of the people with the windows folder delay have the framework on the device.
    I have netcf 2.0, and no delay. One pie spin lol
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Here's a question that has baffled me since installing the thread app. How do we access the smiley's without actually tapping it on the touch screen?
    in chat window hit right softkey (menu) select "emoticons..." use dpad to pick smiley and press the center button.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    I was thinking this too, I would love to be able to use my 5way nav to display smiley faces without using the stylus.
    Jimmie Geddes
    cool thanks Hannip!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    I wonder if there is some interaction with another app that is causing the slowness with beta4. I don't have the issue others are seeing. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
    Figured I would install the new beta4 as I was curious about the SMS left key changed from the messaging key. Turns out I did not read back from a few pages in the thread (duh!) and had the lock-up which resulted in a hard reset (gotta love back-up!) followed the instructions on deleting the 13 dll & exe (some were unable to be deleted) finished that, tried to un-install the messaging app, said that it was unable to un-install and asked if I would like to remove it from the un-install list. (tried to un-install multipe times with no luck) then soft reset, installed new beta4, soft re-set. re-copied the 13 files along with the new one (pimg.dll) soft reset. I cann see the new app and everything seems to be ok along with all the added stuff in beta4 but the question I have is, did I copy this program twice onto my device with the unsucessful un-install from the old version (beta2)..?
    The files are the same from beta2 to beta4 besides a few additional rom files so you should be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I wonder if there is some interaction with another app that is causing the slowness with beta4. I don't have the issue others are seeing. Weird.
    I'm nogt getting the delay either w/beta 4, but I just did a hard reset 2 days ago.

I also find that when you sort files any way other than NAME, descending, it takes longer also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I'm nogt getting the delay either w/beta 4, but I just did a hard reset 2 days ago.

I also find that when you sort files any way other than NAME, descending, it takes longer also.
    Look at that, I was sorting by type. When I switch it to Name I now open \Windows in slightly under a full rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    in chat window hit right softkey (menu) select "emoticons..." use dpad to pick smiley and press the center button.
    Didn't even see that
    Yeah mine is sort by name as well. In fact, if you "hide system files...", "hide files in rom", etc. it'll go even faster. Though none of this helped with my case.

Re: .NET CF

No doubt that causes slow downs, but to say I hate .NET CF with a passion is an understatement

So it is safe to say that I do not now or before have .NET on there, so I can rule that out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    For us 6700 users, is there going to be a fix for holding down the stick to bring up the menu to delete, etc. a chat thread?
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    When I went to check my text messages today I noticed that there was a notification where I usually recieve my email and such, when I go to click on it, it takes me to the Palm App, and it shows no new text, but the notification is still there. Anyone see anything like this?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    if you have a text message before you install the 750 app it screws with the notifications. you need to clear your text from the built-in app before installing.