Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1700
    akenis try this to fix that mailbox duplication error. go to the account, open the folder drop down, and select the right folder it should be. IE, you are in the MMS section, but you see your outlook emails. drop down the menu, select the MMS inbox and that one will be fixed. do for all accounts under poutlook. i have had this happen a couple times and this fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The app supports breaking up your long text messages into parts. This is controlled by the following 2 reg entries.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\SMS]
    "MaxPartsPerMsg"=dword:0000000A (10)
    "MaxCharsPerMsg"=dword:000000A0 (160)

Though in practice it seems only the first part is received by the recipient immediately. I've had the 2nd part sent to me a day later in one test I tried. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint sms issue or what.
    i have tested it to myself twice and also to other verizon users with no problems...the last one i sent was 345 characters long and 3 texts were recived INSTANTLY!.......so all is good here!......

btw, is there a way to fix the scroll feature when veiwing a thread?.....you can scroll up through the thread fine but if you press down it goes directly to the last txt....it would be nice if it scrolled through each txt.......and why is there no sound when you recieve a text while your chat is opened? thanks
    Last edited by happypappy; 11/07/2006 at 12:59 PM.
    I just want to say that amazingly, this program works with the Motorola Q, and now the ever-growing T-mobile Dash!

It's an amazing piece of work, and just wanted to give props to the developers, etc.

With that said, I assume there isn't a lot of support going in for those models of phone (this being a Treo forum) The Q & Dash phones are more like SDA smartphones, not pocket pc's, and have no touch screen.

Regardless, the functionality of this program works surprisingly well using menu keys alone. The ONLY bad thing on these phones is that once you're in a threaded conversation, there is no way to go back to the main screen (the one with all of the conversations) Typically this would be done using the "back" button, but instead, this button ends the program. The only way to go back to the main window is to quit the program in task manager, and restart.

I assume (hope?) this would be an easy fix, and would like to request it in the future beta version. Being able to go back is the one function that is so dearly sought after by users of these phones, and it's a hot topic of conversation among those forums. It might not be transparent, but I assure you many many fans would be in great appreciation.

Thanks again.
    So for various reasons I did a hard-reset and made different SPB Backup restores along the way of building up my system to see what works best.

Actually one reason I did this was because I noticed this issue:

Using File/Resco Explorer and navigating to \Windows would result in the spinny pie thing for 9 revolutions (which in WM5 time, is pretty long). This became frustraiting as I'm always working within \Windows and the various subfolders.

Likewise, my boot/load time was also slow. It seemed as if any time something with in \Windows was accessed, the system would crawl. This certainly wasn't unbearable mind you, the device was completely functional and useable. I just noticed a significant change in behavior.

I narrowed down the problem to the Palm Messaging app. I'm not sure at this point if it's Beta 3 and Beta 4 or just Beta 4. I'm thinking Beta 4 (pimgdll.dll).

Anyone else experience such behavior?

Now, with a clean system, everything is much zipper and I can do anything in \Windows with 1/4 of a revolution of the pie thing.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 11/07/2006 at 02:15 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I also find that if I do not hard reset for a while, I get the spinning pie for a VERY long time in the /windows dir. This has been the case with every wm phone I've ever had. I also know that someone posted that in order to back up and restore txt msgs, theres a file in here to copy to card then replace after hard resetting. So obviously the more msgs you keep, the larger this file gets. I'm willing to bet its also the case with the CALL LOG, which can get very large after a while. Not sure which file it is though, but I always brushed it off to this and never thought much of it. I like to hard reset once in a while, just to ensure clean installs and control not-so-clean uninstalls
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I also find that if I do not hard reset for a while, I get the spinning pie for a VERY long time in the /windows dir. This has been the case with every wm phone I've ever had. I also know that someone posted that in order to back up and restore txt msgs, theres a file in here to copy to card then replace after hard resetting. So obviously the more msgs you keep, the larger this file gets. I'm willing to bet its also the case with the CALL LOG, which can get very large after a while. Not sure which file it is though, but I always brushed it off to this and never thought much of it. I like to hard reset once in a while, just to ensure clean installs and control not-so-clean uninstalls
    Right but that is somewhat different from what I'm talking about.

For one, I just did a hard reset last week before beta 4 came out, so no way could I do that much "damage" to the \windows dir (though I do agree, too many files/programs will slow it down).

Second, if I hard-reset right now and go back to my basic install, the system is zippy. As soon as I add Palm Messaging, the slow down hits. I've been able to replicate this a couple of times now.

In other words, I'm testing this out in a (mostly) controlled environment.

I guess if anyone feels like doing a hard reset and running some bench marks on a before/after Palm Messaging app, that could help...

Maye I'll try late tonight if no one else gets around to it.

What is the size of the windows folder after a hard reset, compared to with the beta 4, and compared to after a mail2web restore (contacts/calendar,etc), compared to a full restore? It might be related to the size of the folder, and how long windows takes to read it.

I say this because after a hard reset 2 days ago, restoring mail2web info, and re-installing apps (I do not restore w/backup programs), AND with beta 4 installed, my /windows folder opens after just one full revolutoin of the pie. Which is about the same, maybe 1/4 revolution slower, than immediately after a hard reset. Again, this is with beta4, I only wait 1 revolution

My folder size right now is 75MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    What is the size of the windows folder after a hard reset, compared to with the beta 4, and compared to after a mail2web restore (contacts/calendar,etc), compared to a full restore? It might be related to the size of the folder, and how long windows takes to read it.

I say this because after a hard reset 2 days ago, restoring mail2web info, and re-installing apps (I do not restore w/backup programs), AND with beta 4 installed, my /windows folder opens after just one full revolutoin of the pie. Which is about the same, maybe 1/4 revolution slower, than immediately after a hard reset. Again, this is with beta4, I only wait 1 revolution

My folder size right now is 75MB
    Well, I don't feel like doing a hard reset now (did 4 in the last day) but I can answer this one:

What is the size of the windows folder after a hard reset......after a mail2web restore?(contacts/calendar,etc)
    After my mail2web is synched and I actually have a handful of programs installed my \windows folder = 63.0 mb

Put it another way, I don't think it's mail2web stuff as I only have about 12 emails with barely any attachments, 100 contacts, no tasks and only current appointments for the next 2 weeks (my past appointments are automatically deleted). No duplicates.

It might have to do with the Rom files vs the replacement files. the OS has to sort out which one is the right one to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    It might have to do with the Rom files vs the replacement files. the OS has to sort out which one is the right one to use?
    That might be a possibilty. Then again, I know nothing of how WM reads these files or how it works

Does anyone else have long delays in entering \Windows? (counted in spinny pies , that's my technical jargon)

I just tried it and I was waaay wrong: 1/4 pie and I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    Perhaps, but even with beta4 I only need 1 revolution right now to see the windows dir. I KNOW after a few weeks it will take 2 or 3 revolutions. We're really just talking here, trying to figure out which file(s) causes the slowdowns. I'm thinking call log (or similar files), Mala is thinking beta4.
    Yeah I don't want to sound alarmist here.

I'll keep my system as it is and maybe later tonight I'll throw in Palm Messaging again and then see if there's a difference. Could very well be just a fluke in my system.

As far as call log...lol. It's like 2.

2 calls. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    So for various reasons I did a hard-reset and made different SPB Backup restores along the way of building up my system to see what works best.

Actually one reason I did this was because I noticed this issue:

Using File/Resco Explorer and navigating to \Windows would result in the spinny pie thing for 9 revolutions (which in WM5 time, is pretty long). This became frustraiting as I'm always working within \Windows and the various subfolders.

Likewise, my boot/load time was also slow. It seemed as if any time something with in \Windows was accessed, the system would crawl. This certainly wasn't unbearable mind you, the device was completely functional and useable. I just noticed a significant change in behavior.

I narrowed down the problem to the Palm Messaging app. I'm not sure at this point if it's Beta 3 and Beta 4 or just Beta 4. I'm thinking Beta 4 (pimgdll.dll).

Anyone else experience such behavior?

Now, with a clean system, everything is much zipper and I can do anything in \Windows with 1/4 of a revolution of the pie thing.
    Malatesta, I've experienced the same performance issue with the \Windows folder, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't installed the palm app yet. A hard reset solved it for me. I did that like a month ago and so far so good.

Edit: Mine is up to one full pie revolution to open \Windows, but like I said, I haven't done a hard reset in a while. Amazing since I played with this palm app for weeks trying different rom files and never needed a hard reset. Knock on wood.
    Last edited by hannip; 11/07/2006 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    i have tested it to myself twice and also to other verizon users with no problems...the last one i sent was 345 characters long and 3 texts were recived INSTANTLY!.......so all is good here!......

btw, is there a way to fix the scroll feature when veiwing a thread?.....you can scroll up through the thread fine but if you press down it goes directly to the last txt....it would be nice if it scrolled through each txt.......and why is there no sound when you recieve a text while your chat is opened? thanks
    Lucky you. I just tried it again and I got the first part (1/2). Then 2nd part seems to have hosed things since I'm not getting any sms messages at the moment.

This happened to me before. The 2nd part seems to block all other incoming sms messages until it goes through, sometimes days later.

The scrolling and notifications work on the 700wx. It's likely that the 700w needs additional dll's to get this functioning properly. Unfortunately I don't have vzw service to test my 700w to see what will fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimizee View Post
    I just want to say that amazingly, this program works with the Motorola Q, and now the ever-growing T-mobile Dash!

It's an amazing piece of work, and just wanted to give props to the developers, etc.

With that said, I assume there isn't a lot of support going in for those models of phone (this being a Treo forum) The Q & Dash phones are more like SDA smartphones, not pocket pc's, and have no touch screen.

Regardless, the functionality of this program works surprisingly well using menu keys alone. The ONLY bad thing on these phones is that once you're in a threaded conversation, there is no way to go back to the main screen (the one with all of the conversations) Typically this would be done using the "back" button, but instead, this button ends the program. The only way to go back to the main window is to quit the program in task manager, and restart.

I assume (hope?) this would be an easy fix, and would like to request it in the future beta version. Being able to go back is the one function that is so dearly sought after by users of these phones, and it's a hot topic of conversation among those forums. It might not be transparent, but I assure you many many fans would be in great appreciation.

Thanks again.
    Is there no OK key on a smartphone? Hitting the OK button drops me from a chat screen back to the list. Or is the "back" button you describe the OK button?
    You say the back button ends the program but then say you have to end the task in the task manager and restart it? What happens when you select the app from the start menu or today plugin (after you hit the back button)? Does it just go straight to the chat window again?
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That might be a possibilty. Then again, I know nothing of how WM reads these files or how it works

Does anyone else have long delays in entering \Windows? (counted in spinny pies , that's my technical jargon)

I just tried it and I was waaay wrong: 1/4 pie and I'm in.
    Yep, 9 turns for me too. I also noticed real slow startup times as well. I haven't done a hard reset in a couple months. But I know it wasn't this laggy before the Palm app. By the way, I'm running a 6700...

Also, I don't know if anyone has addressed this, but is the autocomplete word bug completely sorted out? Am I (6700 user) the only one that still has that problem?
    I've had beta 3 installed for quite some time and it takes 1 full pie spin before /Windows opens up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider View Post
    Yep, 9 turns for me too. I also noticed real slow startup times as well. I haven't done a hard reset in a couple months. But I know it wasn't this laggy before the Palm app. By the way, I'm running a 6700...

Also, I don't know if anyone has addressed this, but is the autocomplete word bug completely sorted out? Am I (6700 user) the only one that still has that problem?
    9 turns w/a 412MHZ CPU? That's a lot. It's definitely not because of the palm app ALONE, but it seems the bigger the folder gets, the longer it takes to load. Which is understandable, since most (if not all) of your databases are in this folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    I've had beta 3 installed for quite some time and it takes 1 full pie spin before /Windows opens up.
    yeah I don't remember the lag being with Beta 3...at least I didn't notice it (though it could very well have been).

There's so many variables here it's hard to reach any conclusions, though if others want to chime in with their experiences (like jrider did) that'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The app supports breaking up your long text messages into parts. This is controlled by the following 2 reg entries.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\SMS]
    "MaxPartsPerMsg"=dword:0000000A (10)
    "MaxCharsPerMsg"=dword:000000A0 (160)

Though in practice it seems only the first part is received by the recipient immediately. I've had the 2nd part sent to me a day later in one test I tried. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint sms issue or what.
    Mine shows:

maxcharspermsg 160(0x0000a0)
    maxpartspermsg 10(0x00000a)

Is this ok?