Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1700
    Alright, after changing the auto-sync on my Gmail to off on both menu's, it doesn't check for mail anymore. However, when changing to 60 minutes, it checks every 5.

Has anyone officially denounced this as an issue with the threaded app?
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Alright, after changing the auto-sync on my Gmail to off on both menu's, it doesn't check for mail anymore. However, when changing to 60 minutes, it checks every 5.

Has anyone officially denounced this as an issue with the threaded app?
    Try leaving one unchecked (any one), and setting only one of them to check every 55 minutes, and see what happens. (I hope you realize that you have become a science project to me lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Try leaving one unchecked (any one), and setting only one of them to check every 55 minutes, and see what happens. (I hope you realize that you have become a science project to me lol)
    Didn't mean to

Changed delivery preferences to 55 minutes and I will see if it tries to connect every 5 again.
    Its back to checking every 5 minutes again when changing one menu to 55 minutes.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I've had some issues with my notifications. I know some other people have brought up notifications, so I wanted to see if you were having the same problem. I seem to be having different problems when I keep the application open in different locations (Inbox, Chat View, Completely closed, etc.) Keep in mind this is from a PPC-6700. I've included a threaded chat, and in that, I explain what is happening. Please read through it, and maybe we can figure out what's going on.

Now it seems like if I completely close out of the program with a task manager, the alerts work perfectly. But if I leave the program open in anyway, I run in to problems. The biggest problem being that when I leave that particular thread open, I don't receive any type of alert at all. This is an issue, because I don't always remember to hit "OK" when I'm done sending my message. Thanks a lot!
    When I am in the application and click NEW to send a SMS to someone, when I click my center button it brings up a list of recently texted numbers, which is a good feature, but how do I clear these out?
    I have also discovered that start-programs-system info is no longer valid. I assume the threader screwed with it. Not that I care, I don't even remember what it said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider View Post
    I've had some issues with my notifications. I know some other people have brought up notifications, so I wanted to see if you were having the same problem. I seem to be having different problems when I keep the application open in different locations (Inbox, Chat View, Completely closed, etc.) Keep in mind this is from a PPC-6700. I've included a threaded chat, and in that, I explain what is happening. Please read through it, and maybe we can figure out what's going on.

Now it seems like if I completely close out of the program with a task manager, the alerts work perfectly. But if I leave the program open in anyway, I run in to problems. The biggest problem being that when I leave that particular thread open, I don't receive any type of alert at all. This is an issue, because I don't always remember to hit "OK" when I'm done sending my message. Thanks a lot!
    Only thing I can say in this regard is if you are in a threaded chat, and leave the chat open.... you will NOT receive any alerts for THAT thread! Other messages yes, and if you close out of hte thread and go back to the inbox, yes.....
    That is all that I have noticed in regards to this.
  9.    #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think they're referring to the "To:" area where you just start typing the person's name or number and the contact lookup happens.

that works flawlessly for me, regardless of how long my app has been running.

Same goes for the auto-word complete when typing in the message.

If you are not receiving some texts, it's more likely to be a Sprint SMS issue (of which there have been quite a few lately, regardless of device type) rather than this program. I mean, this program merely decodes/displays the message, it is not physically interacting with the network to pull it.

For Others...
    I can't stress this enough:

- if your SMS messages do not send right away
    - if your auto complete doesn't work
    - if your counters or notifications do not work properly
    - if you still have an SMS inbox in Outlook
    - if your icons don't appear

etc. etc...YOU DID NOT INSTALL PROPERLY!!
    That autocomplete does work.

I thought people were referring to the "recently sent" drop down list that appeared on the 700p version. Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    That autocomplete does work.

I thought people were referring to the "recently sent" drop down list that appeared on the 700p version. Guess not.
    We have that to (just found out tonight).

Open a new message and hit the center key...

You'll get a popup screen that says Add Recipient and has something like the last 10 contacts you sent messages too.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11.    #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    We have that to (just found out tonight).

Open a new message and hit the center key...

You'll get a popup screen that says Add Recipient and has something like the last 10 contacts you sent messages too.
    I found that out last night, too.

Very cool.
    Love that!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Same thing happens to mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelatheart View Post
    So Im the only one whos getting text messages that are dated 3-5 minutes earlier than what time it really is. Heres how my threaded texts look:

9:50am-Me: Hey, you coming to class
    9:46am-Them: Nah, im sleeping in.
    9:52am-Me: Ok, i'll let you know if anthing major goes on
    9:48am-Them: Ok, call me if i need to know anything.

Never had this problem before with the regular text messaging.
    same thing happens to me on a Sprint 6700, however i can verify that it has been doing that long before the threaded sms app came into play. It is a lot less noticeable when its not threaded. But i am pretty sure it is a Sprint issue.. With that said if anyone without the Palm Messaging installed (and on the Sprint network) can verify this so we can find the real source (either Sprint or Palm Messaging) it would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    Only thing I can say in this regard is if you are in a threaded chat, and leave the chat open.... you will NOT receive any alerts for THAT thread! Other messages yes, and if you close out of hte thread and go back to the inbox, yes.....
    That is all that I have noticed in regards to this.
    I can verify that I do still get notifications when in threaded mode and in a current conversation but i believe that is because i have phoneAlarm installed on my device.
    gameboy, what do you have faded out, on my 700w sms thread all I get is an arrow in and an arrow out, it looks like on your in you've got some name there or maybe a number?
    Any updates on the threaded app causing POP3 mail to check mail every 5 minutes, littlepat?
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid View Post
    gameboy, what do you have faded out, on my 700w sms thread all I get is an arrow in and an arrow out, it looks like on your in you've got some name there or maybe a number?
    that was jrider's post that I quoted.... i don't know what that stuff is sorry...
    Any updates on the threaded app causing POP3 mail to check mail every 5 minutes, littlepat?
    Well, if it doesn't check for mail when both are unchecked, then it means that the threading app is NOT overriding your settings. This tells me the culprit is outlook. Try one more thing for me before hard resetting...

Open outlook. Menu-tools-options-tap the gmail account- next-next-next-options-

Make sure this box to connect and check for mail is CHECKED. Then make sure you save this by hitting next-next-finish. Tap OK and you should be back in your gmail inbox. If not D-pad right until you are in that account. Now go to menu-delivery preferences. Now "UN-CHECK" the box to connect and check every 30 minutes. I KNOW you did this already but I think the "edlivery preferences" setting is not the primary one, since I always use this and never have a problem.

One more thing. While in outlook, hit Menu-tools-options-STORAGE tab-
    under "empty deleted items" change it to "manually." This may be the culprit also, but I doubt it.

One more thing (I said that already no?) Go to the today screen. Click start-settings-system-clock & alarms- MORE tab. make sure "use network time zone" is NOT checked. The other two may remain checked.

If you have a 3rd party program with a reset option, use it. See if this fixes your problems. I hope it does, if not I'm out of suggestions...
    Last edited by Pattycerts; 11/02/2006 at 10:56 AM.
    my pop mail checks like normal, every 15 minutes that i set it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider View Post
    That is one HUGE PDA, must be awful to put in your pocket.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter