Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1700
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    I find that my internet connection is being utilized quite often for some reason, so that may be why its draining my battery. I changed the DNS servers yesterday to a server that gives me better ping times in terms of looking up pages and it looks like ever since, my battery has been draining like water in a sink.

I reverted back to the original DNS servers for sprint to see if the battery drain stops.
    Neither one of those will cause battery drains.

DNS is only use for webpages when looking them up and maybe with email.

All the threader does is catch any incoming SMS messages.

I use both and my battery life as been solid.

You're best bet, instead of just wildly guessing is to get some type of freeware tool like http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ager-v2-2.html

and actually see CPU usage of programs as that is really the ONLY thing that will use cause battery drain. That is, it's the CPU usage that kills the battery, not idle programs that are running in the background nor random network settings like DNS servers.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    i did this... i will get back to you later today and tell you if it fixed it. thanks.
    it didnt fix my problem

Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    try changing it to a different sound, and then changing back. mine didnt work and changing it to another sound and then back again worked for me.
    you see, i am using ringo to take care of my ringtones. my ringtone for phonecalls works fine, but the one for txt messages doesnt. also, my phone no longer vibrates when it gets a new txt, even though i have it checked to do so.

any more suggestions? would re-installing the messaging app fix my ringtone/vibrate problem? thanks.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i am deff having more of a battery drain with this new app and yes i believe its the evdo issue. can anyone recommend a place to get an extended battery cheap. 40 is a little high for a battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee21 View Post
    i am deff having more of a battery drain with this new app and yes i believe its the evdo issue. can anyone recommend a place to get an extended battery cheap. 40 is a little high for a battery.
    Believe it or not, I have the extended battery and it really doesn't help when it drains the battery. My internet connection is constantly being active which explains the draining of my extended battery. It appears that its the threaded messaging that's using the internet connection, though I have no idea why it would do such a thing when all its suppose to do is pretty much handle incoming text messages.
    It appears that my email is being checked every 10 minutes or so even though I have it for 60 minutes. I can assume that when installing the threaded messaging app, it somehow changed the setting because every 10-15 minutes, there is internet activity going on and when I take a look at my Gmail, it says disconnecting even though its set for 60 minutes.

Anyone can confirm this?
    I've been using PTunes via StyleTap b/c Windows Media Player doesn't always retain your stopping point (very annoying for long podcasts).

Since installing Threaded SMS, an inbound SMS now crashes PTunes and wipesout the playlist and loses the point in track that was playing. Any thoughts?
    It appears that my email is being checked every 10 minutes or so even though I have it for 60 minutes. I can assume that when installing the threaded messaging app, it somehow changed the setting because every 10-15 minutes, there is internet activity going on and when I take a look at my Gmail, it says disconnecting even though its set for 60 minutes.

Anyone can confirm this?
    I keep hearing this throughout the boards. Try deleting the account, and setting it up again. Just write down the settings. Theres two places to set up auto-syncing that are independent of one another, and if one says to check 60, the other to check 60, if they are a half hour apart then you will get syncs every half hour. PITA indeed
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Believe it or not, I have the extended battery and it really doesn't help when it drains the battery. My internet connection is constantly being active which explains the draining of my extended battery. It appears that its the threaded messaging that's using the internet connection, though I have no idea why it would do such a thing when all its suppose to do is pretty much handle incoming text messages.
    well the extended battery will last longer, my standard can make it from 6am-7pm but need the extra juice to keep me going if i need to go out. even if it wont make it through the night ill have the backup battery to pop in.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    oh great....my threaded text was working fine for 2 days...now today i checked my outbox and there are 2 messages that didnt send.
    are they MMS messages or regular ones?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    regular...gotta be specific to my device considering nobody else is having problems but its strange cuz all threads were working fine. check your outgoing every now and then and make sure they are all going out.
    i have been and they are all going out for me on my 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I keep hearing this throughout the boards. Try deleting the account, and setting it up again. Just write down the settings. Theres two places to set up auto-syncing that are independent of one another, and if one says to check 60, the other to check 60, if they are a half hour apart then you will get syncs every half hour. PITA indeed
    Tried that and it didn't work.

I have tested it in the past 30 minutes and after exactly 5 minutes, my email account wants to check for mail. If you do the math, it is checking for mail almost 15 times every hour even though I set it up for once an hour.

I have no idea why it keeps checking for mail but it started happening when I installed the threaded messaging.

Any further ideas before I uninstall it?
    If you uncheck autosync in both places does it still try and retrieve mail?
    Yes, I just tried that before you posted and it still tries to check for mail, which is awkward. I have no idea what to do to get this fixed and I really like threaded messaging.

P.S. By both places you mean where? The only place that I go to is under the mail options for the account where it asks me if I want it to auto connect to check mail. I unchecked that and it still tries to check for it.
    So Im the only one whos getting text messages that are dated 3-5 minutes earlier than what time it really is. Heres how my threaded texts look:

9:50am-Me: Hey, you coming to class
    9:46am-Them: Nah, im sleeping in.
    9:52am-Me: Ok, i'll let you know if anthing major goes on
    9:48am-Them: Ok, call me if i need to know anything.

Never had this problem before with the regular text messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelatheart View Post
    So Im the only one whos getting text messages that are dated 3-5 minutes earlier than what time it really is. Heres how my threaded texts look:

9:50am-Me: Hey, you coming to class
    9:46am-Them: Nah, im sleeping in.
    9:52am-Me: Ok, i'll let you know if anthing major goes on
    9:48am-Them: Ok, call me if i need to know anything.

Never had this problem before with the regular text messaging.
    Same thing happens to mine
    P.S. By both places you mean where? The only place that I go to is under the mail options for the account where it asks me if I want it to auto connect to check mail. I unchecked that and it still tries to check for it.
    lol, why are you asking now? you already told littlepat you checked:
    Quote Originally Posted by l3thal
    Quote Originally Posted by "Littlepat"
    Tried that and it didn't work.
    Guess you didn't.

From Littlepat himself:

You have to set your "send/receive" intervals in TWO places. In tools-options-advanced, AND in menu-delivery preferences. For some stupid, stupid reason they are independent of each other. Remember to do this for all the accounts you have.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, why are you asking now? you already told littlepat you checked:

Guess you didn't.

From Littlepat himself:

You have to set your "send/receive" intervals in TWO places. In tools-options-advanced, AND in menu-delivery preferences. For some stupid, stupid reason they are independent of each other. Remember to do this for all the accounts you have.
    /\ What he said. Thank you, sir.
    Set them both to 60 minutes and it still checks it every 5. Now I have turned off auto-syncing on both menus to see if it continues to do that.