Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Anyone have the name of the original messaging application? I need to make a new shortcut to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend View Post
    Anyone have the name of the original messaging application? I need to make a new shortcut to it.
    Is this what you're looking for?
    rename the MMS1 key to MMS1.old, and the SMS key to SMS.old
    Jimmie Geddes
  3.    #83  
    Have you all made the registry edits listed in the txt file that accompanied the CAB file? I did and don't seem to be experiencing these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?
    rename the MMS1 key to MMS1.old, and the SMS key to SMS.old
    And what if I only had MMS instead of MMS1?
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Have you all made the registry edits listed in the txt file that accompanied the CAB file? I did and don't seem to be experiencing these issues.
    yeah i did can i ask you a question? do you have the 700wx or the 700w? i believe this is an issue with 700w and verizon.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    send yourself a txt message......wait and get it.....then reply.....does it send instantly? Mine isn't....what about yours?

This program just doesn't work right guys.....sending sms is very inconsistent....if its an initial sms it is ok, when it gets threaded it just sits in my outbox.

Ok, so if you reply to someones txt....it goes it outbox and sits there....if you go into your outbox and hit resend it seems to go out.......NOT GOOD.
    Last edited by timGSU; 10/18/2006 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    why oh why would you put such a system critical function as your SMS application on your card?

For me the application didnt asked where to install...
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Question. When are you all changing your registry keys? Before installing the CAB, or after?
    Due to the tmobile/verizon SMS issue, I tried sending the message to 9995551212@tmomail.net and get could not send message. the message center number or the email center number is invalid. . ...

Anybody else try this yet?
    right, I get this too.

look under Options in the sms app.

now go to Advanced, Manual Network, Edit and you'll see that's where that info goes...

now WHAT is that info????????

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    a) i sent a message to my tmobile friend and no reply yet...
    b) i sent a message from the print site and i got it
    c) tried a MMS w/ picture and got memory dump error
    d) AIM messages myself a text and i replied on the phone but the computer never got it, and now theres an error message on the screen that reads the following

"a problem occured with gwes.exe" and wants to send details to microsoft...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    right, I get this too.

look under Options in the sms app.

now go to Advanced, Manual Network, Edit and you'll see that's where that info goes...

now WHAT is that info????????
    yeah i checked mine and it says MMS URL http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms and MMS gateway is 212.183.137.12:87 all other fields are blank except NETWORK PROFILE - Default

ALSO: if you got to your regular settings and MSN options, there is the check box that says "if my data connection is temporarily unavailable, use SMS to keep my messages and contacts up-to-date" i never have it checked, but i dont know if that will make a difference on any of this...
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    gwes.exe error is unrelated. This error happens from time to time and it has to do with displaying issues if I recall correctly, I've gotten once or twice when switching WP themes too quickly.

So, no answer as to when everyone is changing their reg keys?
    I forgot when I changed my keys. all I did was follow the directions exactly: whatever order they said, I did.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    the messaging e-mail gateways aren't working....you are right....this is getting buggier and buggier....

Malatesta....try what I said and report your results....send yourself a txt.....after you get it, send yourself another txt.....see if it sends.....I bet it doesn't.....then go into your outbox, click on the message and "resend"....I bet it sends then.....
    I made the mistake of doing the reg edit b4 I installed the cab.

I just did everything over carefully. I named the mms key to mms.old this time (not mms1.old (Like I did b4) since I never had mms1). This time I then hit the reset icon in programs and it's working GREAT!!! I no longer have it opening in the old messaging app like I did b4.

My advice to anyone who is going to do this

MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY!!!

So far so good, it now notifies me with the new messaging app complete with the envelope icon. I obviously did something wrong the first time. I can't stress enough to make a full backup and follow the directions exactly!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    When you hit messaging in the homescreen (left soft key) what messaging app does it opens? The old one or the new one?
    since I'm on a train now, it'll have to wait a bit.

I'm thinking we NEED those numbers under Advanced options for the gateways.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    the old one opens when you hit "messaging" on the homescreen (today)
    i have not changed my reg keys yet. I tried right after the install as it says,, but i could not find those keys there.... after clicking the SVC folder the folders shown are

active cync
    hotmail
    imap4
    pop3
    sms

i have looked through all of them and havent seen anything that says MMS1 or SMS, other than that folder name