Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Much thanks to hannip and everyone else who assisted in this effort. Working great for me, no issues yet to report. I cannot think you guys enough, well worth the work, and the wait!

Did anyone else lose their outlook today plugin? Any fixes out there? I'm gonna miss that!
    PocketBreeze shows the email still with the threaded sms update
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I posted a today.reg file several pages ago that you can import to fix the Inbox plugin.

Here is the post.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=786
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I posted a today.reg file several pages ago that you can import to fix the Inbox plugin.

Here is the post.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=786
    Thank you, I wasn't around for a day and couldn't remember what page this thread was up to last I checked lol
    Hey, I just thought of something scary. Sprint has been blaiming Palm for having buggy firmware that isn't setting a sms header indicating the proper encoding. However during my testing of the palm app I used all 750 dll's and the problem still existed. I even included the sms.dll where you'd think the problem would be.

Does this mean that it's not a firmware bug afterall? I guess it could be the same bug is on the 750, but I find that a bit hard to believe.

I've always thought that this was a Sprint server error since sms was working perfectly for a month before it broke. Obviously Sprint made a server update that broke it. It could be that Sprint just made up the firmware bug issue to take the pressure off of them.
    Well, either that or it's something very, very fundamental to the Palm/WM5 OS which is broke with the Sprint network, hence why there hasn't been a "simple" patch to fix it.

Of course, if Sprint actually had a decent SMS record, then it'd be easy to put all of this on Palm, but at this point I'm still reading of the occasional SMS error on a multitude of devices (nothing like the 700wx, but it's still buggy overall), so it could be anyone's and no ones fault.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were a Sprint issue,, and will be rectified w/a PRL update. Who knows...
    Its got to be a Sprint issue, or at least an issue that a Sprint "upgrade" caused. Everything was working perfectly..they made adjustments to their network and now it doesnt work. Now maybe the upgrade was necessary and had secondary complications with palm or microsoft, but the initial damage was done through Sprint.
    Is anyone on Sprint successfully sending MMS messages? I still get the memory issue, just want to make sure this is normal
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quick question... for those of us who installed the original threaded SMS app, do we need to remove it and if so, what are the correct steps?

thanks.
  10.    #950  
    I've always thought that this was a Sprint server error since sms was working perfectly for a month before it broke. Obviously Sprint made a server update that broke it. It could be that Sprint just made up the firmware bug issue to take the pressure off of them.
    I've been saying this since day one. It's nice to know there is verifiable evidence.

That the SMS worked and then just stopped makes the code on the 700wx a VERY unlikely culprit.

Sprint sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    Quick question... for those of us who installed the original threaded SMS app, do we need to remove it and if so, what are the correct steps?

thanks.
    remove the old messaging app and soft reset. Then install the new messaging app. Follow the directions exactly in the readme.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    remove the old messaging app and soft reset. Then install the new messaging app. Follow the directions exactly in the readme.

newbish question but where is the app located?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    You guys are amazing. You did in a few weeks what Palm and all its money and technology couldnt do in 12 months. Way to go.

Also, I used Today.reg, and for some reason the text message on the INBOX plugin says "one unread msg," while on the messaging, it says "no unread msgs."

Any ideas as to why?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    One more question: Lets just say for some reason I wanted to use the old Text Messaging APP, is there any way I can do that without restoring and loosing the new app?

The reason I ask is that I cant seem to paste large amounts of contacts to the "to" field in the new app whereas in the old one I could and there by send mass texts.

Any workarounds in sight for mass texting?

Thanks. You guys are the best!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Can the messaging hot key send me to text messaging rather then inbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbee21 View Post
    Can the messaging hot key send me to text messaging rather then inbox?
    I think so. There is a link in this thread to a program written by vjay that should do just that from what I understand. I have not tried it out yet though.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    One more question: Lets just say for some reason I wanted to use the old Text Messaging APP, is there any way I can do that without restoring and loosing the new app?

The reason I ask is that I cant seem to paste large amounts of contacts to the "to" field in the new app whereas in the old one I could and there by send mass texts.

Any workarounds in sight for mass texting?

Thanks. You guys are the best!
    If I had to guess, I'd say the max addresses you can send texts to is 20. Well give this a shot. You need to edit this registry key.
    HKLM->Software->Palm->Varnish->Messaging->SMS-> And edit the Dword Maxrecipients from 20, to whatever you want.

I haven't tried it so let us know if it works
    Blend

Also, Inbox should be for your Email. and Messaging should be for your Text Messages. That should be the difference.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I am having the issue with the threaded messages hanging in the outbox. I followed the instructions in the readme to the letter... any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    I am having the issue with the threaded messages hanging in the outbox. I followed the instructions in the readme to the letter... any thoughts?
    Make sure that whatever program you are using to copy the files into \windows is set to show ALL FILES, and HIDDEN FILES. There should be at least one file you are missing. Webview.dll. maybe others. Copy them to the windows directory and it should work fine.
    ok, i'm on sprint using a 6700. I did a hard reset friday afternoon, kept up with this thread in the meantime, then installed the ppcgeek beta3 tonight.

in regards to the sprint/6700 questionable workings, I have successfully msg'ed:
    - a t-mobile person back and forth in chat view
    - an alltel person back and forth in chat view
    - a sprint person (A900) back and forth in chat view
    - someone on AIM

And all appears fine *shrug*