sorry i wrote the command wrong.

rcmd dir \windows\* >> output.txt
    okay, now it works...

here's a 2nd file
    Attached Files Attached Files

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am also able to send to other phones.
    If anyone can pm me the new one it would be appreciated as I am on beta 1
    I asked Wideawake to do the same with Remote Command, so hopefully we can get his info too.

Just to confirm...I have the wx...when I text to my friend who has the 6700 he gets the message cannot be displayed error. He has a friend, which I sent a text to who also has the 6700 and he got the same error message from me. I'll be this issue is the same as wx's sending messages to other carriers somehow...related.
    I am able to send texts fine to my Sprint Treo 700p, no errors.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintJunkie View Post
    Just to confirm...I have the wx...when I text to my friend who has the 6700 he gets the message cannot be displayed error. He has a friend, which I sent a text to who also has the 6700 and he got the same error message from me. I'll be this issue is the same as wx's sending messages to other carriers somehow...related.
    I think its related to the 6700 because I have the same issue with a friend and when we were both using the outlook SMS and I have a 700xw and he has a 6700, we had no issues. Must be the palm threading app and the 6700.
    Ok I took the plunge and installed the new .cab. everything worked great for about 5 minutes. Then I deleted the palm messaging folder since it is no longer needed and created a brick instead of a phone. soft reset did nothing. I just did a hard reset and once I have restored my backup copy I will try again. The only thing I can think of is I did something wrong when I copied the files so when I deleted the folder it caused a really big problem.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankinia View Post
    Ok I took the plunge and installed the new .cab. everything worked great for about 5 minutes. Then I deleted the palm messaging folder since it is no longer needed and created a brick instead of a phone. soft reset did nothing. I just did a hard reset and once I have restored my backup copy I will try again. The only thing I can think of is I did something wrong when I copied the files so when I deleted the folder it caused a really big problem.
    you should copy the files over, overwriting anything then soft reset.

then try to delete palm messaging.

Need more info though: do both those 6700s have Palm Messaging installed? One? None?

Neither one does. yet.
    The messaging used to work just fine...not sure exactly when it stopped working from my wx to the 6700, but sometime close to when the messages stopped working to go to tmo and verizon...so thats why i suspect its related.
    The messaging used to work just fine...not sure exactly when it stopped working from my wx to the 6700, but sometime close to when the messages stopped working to go to tmo and verizon...so thats why i suspect its related.
    that makes the most sense and is what I'm thinking but others seem to think otherwise.

that's why I guess we need others to verify. I have never SMSd to a 6700 till today, so I have no "control" to compare it to at all.

Thanks Malatesta. I did exactly that and I must have done it right this time because my phone is no longer a brick and threading seems to work perfectly. If anyone on Verizon would like to test it out with me, send me a pm and I will send you my number.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
    anybody have the problem of, if u get new SMS, in the list, if you highly a next text message,the option to "mark as read" is greyed out? so i have to actually click in the text to mark it as read. anybody else have this problem?

typo:
    in the list, if you HIGHLIGHT a text message, theres no way to mark as read without clicking in and opening up the text?
    do I still have to do that reg thing where I have to change sms and mms to .old or what not?
    With the new CAB, i did not do the reg edits and it took out the SMS tab in the old outlook SMS but left all my emails and the MMS hack that I already had.
    Bloodycape77 -- Nope the reg edits are already done in the new cab. It works great with the exception of the MMS issues.
    Hey, I just thought of something scary. Sprint has been blaiming Palm for having buggy firmware that isn't setting a sms header indicating the proper encoding. However during my testing of the palm app I used all 750 dll's and the problem still existed. I even included the sms.dll where you'd think the problem would be.

Does this mean that it's not a firmware bug afterall? I guess it could be the same bug is on the 750, but I find that a bit hard to believe.

I've always thought that this was a Sprint server error since sms was working perfectly for a month before it broke. Obviously Sprint made a server update that broke it. It could be that Sprint just made up the firmware bug issue to take the pressure off of them.