Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1700
  1. #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Sorry guys one more question. I have a 700w Verizon. Does the "add media" option in the Palm Messaging app work? or do I need to use the MMS function in the old Outlook app?

    Thanks again.
    MMS support in the Palm app is still on the todo list. It currently does not function. The mms appears to be developed by Electric Pocket based on their Pixer product. I'm trying to find some details on that to help figure this out.
  2. #862  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, I can confirm that on the IP-830W, after copying all the files in the Palm Messaging folder to the Windows folder and then soft resetting, the phone will show no reception even though it really does.

    To fix this, I had to go back into the Windows folder and manually delete all the files I had just copied in from the Palm Messaging folder. I soft reset again.

    The phone now shows reception again and I still have threaded texting.
    Looks like you figured it out.
  3. #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimskalajim View Post
    PPC-6700 user here and the app works great! One question though that is unclear fromt he previous posts... IS picture messaging working or not?
    Not yet.
  4. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #864  
    Since we copied the palm messaging files into the /windows/ folder, can we delete anything out of the palm messaging folder to free up space?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5. #865  
    Yes, there is no need for the Palm folder and its contents after you have successfully made the copy.
  6. #866  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    MMS=Picture Mail on Sprint. The Palm Treos included it, but the w and wx did not without a hack.
    Ahh, I've seen a few references to MMS in this thread. I don't assume this comes with the MMS hack as well?


    "REQUIRES BACKUP!!!
    There are some rom files that need to be overridden and require you to use total commander or
    Resco Explorer to force them into \windows dir. These files will be installed to
    \Program Files\Palm Messaging\. Copy them to \Windows and say yes to the scary warnings that
    you may damage your device by doing so.
    The uninstall will not remove these files so if you want to back out you will need to rename
    them, perform a soft reset and then remove them."


    Also, Are Resco Explorer / Total Commander 3rd party apps I need to DL before I do this? Thanks!
  7. #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by xMattx View Post
    Ahh, I've seen a few references to MMS in this thread. I don't assume this comes with the MMS hack as well?


    "REQUIRES BACKUP!!!
    There are some rom files that need to be overridden and require you to use total commander or
    Resco Explorer to force them into \windows dir. These files will be installed to
    \Program Files\Palm Messaging\. Copy them to \Windows and say yes to the scary warnings that
    you may damage your device by doing so.
    The uninstall will not remove these files so if you want to back out you will need to rename
    them, perform a soft reset and then remove them."


    Also, Are Resco Explorer / Total Commander 3rd party apps I need to DL before I do this? Thanks!
    The MMS hack is separate and works with the mail app. Yes, Resco and Total Commander are 3rd party apps. You need to download and install one of these to perform the manual steps. Make sure you change the settings to view all files (including hidden and system) or you won't see all of the files in the Palm folder.
  8. #868  
    I need a jumpstart on this, please...I have the today.reg file on my device, but see no way to import it. I'm using PHM Registry Editor. Thanks for any help.
  9. #869  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    I need a jumpstart on this, please...I have the today.reg file on my device, but see no way to import it. I'm using PHM Registry Editor. Thanks for any help.
    I don't think PHM can do imports. You'll need either the Resco Registy editor or the free TaskMgr from xda-developers.com.

    Resco link
    http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp

    TaskMgr link
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104
  10. #870  
    Thanks Hannip
  11. #871  
    Not a HUGE surprise but a very welcome one:

    From my limited tests this morning, Verichat works now w/Palm Messaging. Since Verichat relies on SMS for chat-initiation, the "older" Palm app would break it: the sms went to the old inbox instead of waking Verichat.

    Now all is good due to full integration which is expected but still, it's very welcome.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #872  
    Woot! The good news just keeps coming.
  13. #873  
    I get the following message from one of the people text messaging me
    "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

    we are both using the new threaded app. he can see my text messages buy I cant see his. I can see his messages fine in the outlook sms program. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

    edit: He is the only one I have this problem with. All other sms are fine but no one else is using the new app either.
  14. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #874  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Woot! The good news just keeps coming.
    I just found $20 in my jeans that I haven't worn in a month! Not sure yet if it is due to the SMS app....Stay tuned!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  15. #875  
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser View Post
    I get the following message from one of the people text messaging me
    "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

    we are both using the new threaded app. he can see my text messages buy I cant see his. I can see his messages fine in the outlook sms program. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

    edit: He is the only one I have this problem with. All other sms are fine but no one else is using the new app either.

    hey i think thats me(from a 202-315 number). sometimes its garbled, or i get that same message. but ive only gotten it from you,and thats the first time i saw it was with u. I was just sending you a text message as a test per your post.

    im on sprint with a 6700, and am in the DC area, what u have? i know a lady with the same 816 area code and ive sent text messages back n forth with no problem(but she has same phone and service as i,and she's NOT using the threaded sms).

    hmmm, maybe i need to test this with somebody else that has this threaded program to see if the same thing happens? hope this isnt a new found bug...........
    Last edited by jupiter; 10/29/2006 at 10:35 AM.
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    I just found $20 in my jeans that I haven't worn in a month! Not sure yet if it is due to the SMS app....Stay tuned!
    Any update? hehe
  17. #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser View Post
    I get the following message from one of the people text messaging me
    "The contents of this message cannot be displayed"

    we are both using the new threaded app. he can see my text messages buy I cant see his. I can see his messages fine in the outlook sms program. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

    edit: He is the only one I have this problem with. All other sms are fine but no one else is using the new app either.
    If one of you have the wx and are sending to a different carrier this might be due to the Sprint wx sms fiasco.
  18. #878  
    I have a 700wx and I send to a friend who has a 6700. About the same time as the other sms message problems sending to other carriers started, he received that message everytime I text him. "the contents of this message cannot be displayed." I have an open ticket with Sprint so it should be fixed soon! (LOL yeah right!)
  19. #879  
    i installed the latest version without any problems. i should be texting a lot today, so ill let you know if i have any problems hannip. thanks soooo much!
  20. #880  
    whichever one of you that texted my and said u got garbage. I got your test just fine. when you text me, tell me who u are.

Posting Permissions