Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1700
  1. #841  
    Hmmm... When I click on the Messaging in my start menu, it opens the threaded text app..

    Also, how do I open Outlook now to do emails?
  2. #842  
    Ok this is bad. I can no longer open the actual phone app. on my IP-830W. When I press the green phone button or go into the Programs folder to tap on "Phone", I get this message:

    cprog.exe
    'cprog' is not a valid Pocket PC application

    Also, I'm no longer getting any reception.
  3. #843  
    I somehow got it to show up in my start menu. I copied the messaging app to my windows start menu folder. I'm not sure how to get it in my programs folder.I just copied the same file over to my programs folder and it works fine.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/29/2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4. #844  
    Ok, I guess the signal drop was just my local network having problems. I guess I have to create a shortcut to tmail in my start menu to get Outlook for emails.

    Finally, do I still have to delete poutlook or messaging from my startup folder?
  5. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #845  
    Hey Guys,

    I first wanna say a big thanks to all of you working so hard on this. I love it. I did want to know if anyone got to work on an inbox today plug in. I saw the one posted earlier, but wasnt sure if it worked as someone said it didnt.

    Any progress or will the posted one work?

    How bout the left soft key remapping to the messaging app?


    Thanks again. You guys are great. Im using a 700w btw.
  6. blile's Avatar
    Posts
    206 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    #846  
    Sorry guys one more question. I have a 700w Verizon. Does the "add media" option in the Palm Messaging app work? or do I need to use the MMS function in the old Outlook app?

    Thanks again.
  7. #847  
    Ok, I can confirm that on the IP-830W, after copying all the files in the Palm Messaging folder to the Windows folder and then soft resetting, the phone will show no reception even though it really does.

    To fix this, I had to go back into the Windows folder and manually delete all the files I had just copied in from the Palm Messaging folder. I soft reset again.

    The phone now shows reception again and I still have threaded texting.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 10/29/2006 at 05:13 AM.
  8. #848  
    PPC-6700 user here and the app works great! One question though that is unclear fromt he previous posts... IS picture messaging working or not?
  9. #849  
    I am ready to bite. Please PM me the link...thanks
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10. #850  
    I have a real basic question for you all I keep seeing MMS mentioned along with SMS in these threads.. What is MMS ?

    I had a Sprint 700p and traded it in for a 700wx and the main feature I did not like losing was the threaded txt messaging so I am real excited about this, but I also am not that Treo savvy so I wanted to figure out exactly what I was doing before I did anything to mess up my Treo . Thanks!
  11. #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by xMattx View Post
    I have a real basic question for you all I keep seeing MMS mentioned along with SMS in these threads.. What is MMS ?

    I had a Sprint 700p and traded it in for a 700wx and the main feature I did not like losing was the threaded txt messaging so I am real excited about this, but I also am not that Treo savvy so I wanted to figure out exactly what I was doing before I did anything to mess up my Treo . Thanks!
    MMS=Picture Mail on Sprint. The Palm Treos included it, but the w and wx did not without a hack.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  12. #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, works pretty well on my Samsung IP-830W. Only thing is, it doesn't show the name or phone number of each person when messages start to thread. Also, when you click on the person's arrow (the green one) and it goes to the screen that shows just their message, when you go to Menu -> Call Recipient nothing happens. The other person doesn't get a call. Not that important to me, just pointing it out.
    The call recipient works ok here.

    So this beta3 is really intended for devices that are pre-AKU2.3 update. It can be installed on post-AKU2.3 like your Samsung which is AKU2.6, but if you copy over those system files from the Palm folder you will backlevel your devices system files and it most likely won't work.
  13. #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I noticed that in my start menu messaging is listed but when I try and open it I get "messagingplugin.dll, there is no application with "messagingplugin". run the application first, then open this file from withing the application."
    In prgrams the messaging app now shows a windows icon and displays the same error.

    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already. Does anyone know a fix? Thanks.
    Yeah, this was identified early on and I fixed the cab. The fixed version is the one put up at ppcgeeks. You can fix it by editing the Messaging.lnk shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\ and \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ to change their target to \Windows\messaging.exe.
  14. #854  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Hmmm... When I click on the Messaging in my start menu, it opens the threaded text app..

    Also, how do I open Outlook now to do emails?
    If you are missing your Inbox today plugin you will need to import the today.reg I posted a couple of pages back.

    If you are missing Inbox on your Start Menu you can copy a shortcut of \Windows\tmail.exe to \Windows\Start Menu\. You may want to name the shortcut Inbox.lnk.
  15. #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok this is bad. I can no longer open the actual phone app. on my IP-830W. When I press the green phone button or go into the Programs folder to tap on "Phone", I get this message:

    cprog.exe
    'cprog' is not a valid Pocket PC application

    Also, I'm no longer getting any reception.
    You backleveled your system files. You'll need to remove them from \Windows.
  16. #856  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I somehow got it to show up in my start menu. I copied the messaging app to my windows start menu folder. I'm not sure how to get it in my programs folder.I just copied the same file over to my programs folder and it works fine.
    Jimmie, you are copying a shortcut to those folders right? The actual files themselves are huge and you don't want to waste all that space.
  17. #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, I guess the signal drop was just my local network having problems. I guess I have to create a shortcut to tmail in my start menu to get Outlook for emails.

    Finally, do I still have to delete poutlook or messaging from my startup folder?
    There is really no need to have either in your startup folder now.
  18. #858  
    Superb work, hannip! Thanks!!!

    I don't believe it has anything to do with the app, because I remember the same thing happening on my POS Treos, but I don't remember if it was ever resolved: what generates the chat timestamp mismatch? i.e., for example, my sent msg is stamped 7:10 PM and the reply is stamped 7:08 PM??
  19. #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by blile View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I first wanna say a big thanks to all of you working so hard on this. I love it. I did want to know if anyone got to work on an inbox today plug in. I saw the one posted earlier, but wasnt sure if it worked as someone said it didnt.

    Any progress or will the posted one work?

    How bout the left soft key remapping to the messaging app?


    Thanks again. You guys are great. Im using a 700w btw.
    Just import the today.reg from a few pages back. You'll get your plugin for Inbox and sms.

    For the soft key remapping I think vijay might be working on that. You can use his VJSlippyPalm app mentioned a few pages back to set a key to toggle the sms and mail apps.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/29/2006 at 08:11 AM.
  20. #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Superb work, hannip! Thanks!!!

    I don't believe it has anything to do with the app, because I remember the same thing happening on my POS Treos, but I don't remember if it was ever resolved: what generates the chat timestamp mismatch? i.e., for example, my sent msg is stamped 7:10 PM and the reply is stamped 7:08 PM??
    I noticed that too. Sprint server is probably out of sync somewhere.

Posting Permissions