Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    hannip am I supposed to have webview.dll in the palm messaging folder? I uninstalled and reinstalled, and am getting ready to copy per your directions, but I don't see webview.dll in thatr folder just:
    messagingapp
    poutlook
    tkitapp
    tmail
    tmail-related
    tmarshaller

I'm not sure how to set resco to show hidden files
    Jimmie, In Resco go to File->Options and select the Browser tab. Click on the "Show all files" radio button. Then those files will magically appear.
    when I copie to windows dir. I got an error message saying it could not overwrite tmail.
    1) make sure poutlook is NOT in Startup

2) make sure Outlook is not currently running

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    thanks Malatesta
    webview.dll properties
    webview.dll
    type:unknown type
    size:813.48kb
    created 1/23/06 8:32am
    modified: 1/23/06 8:32am
    accesssed: 1/23/06 8:32 am
    Jimmie Geddes
    Copy away Jimmie! You didn't copy all the files last time because you didn't see them all. I'll beef up the instructions.
    ok, poutlook was in startup. I deleted it. I am gonna start over, uninstall and reinstall the app. Thanks for being so patient with me
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Don't forget about this, for sprint users that need to get out of network. A while back someone said there needed to be a port :80 after the MMS URL?

Go to Menu-Options-advanced. Click the MANUAL dot and click EDIT. The next step depends on your device:

SPRINT AND VERIZON users: change email center number to: 6245.

SPRINT USERS: Under MMS URL change ONLY "mms.vodaphone.co.uk" to "mms.sprintpcs.com" LEAVE THE OTHER parts the same. It should read "http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms.

Sending to verizon#@vtext.com ok now. Everything is great...no mms.

Phone Alarm icon goes to palm SMS. Messaging key goes to just e-mail apps.

The original messaging today plugin isn't accessible, but I use Diary anyway.

Someone else mentioned that their messaging soft key could toggle through the ole e-mail apps and the new Palm SMS. Mine are completely separate...
    akenis,

what does ur message center number say and are u able to send to non sprint customers like tmobile. i know sprint has there issues but i can send to my brother on tmobile from my wifes 650 but i cant from my wx at the same time and place. i figure it's gotta be a setting. how can we fix that? anyone?
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    OK..You need to add a registry key.
    HKLM->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Today->Items->Add a new key here called "Outlook"
    Inside the key you need:
    New string value:
    Value name: DLL
    Value Data: \windows\tmailutl.dll
    New Dword:
    Value name: Enabled
    Value Data: 1
    New Dword:
    Value name: Flags
    Value Data: 0
    New Dword:
    Value name: Options
    Value Data: 0
    New Dword:
    Value name: Selectability
    Value Data: 2
    New Dword:
    Value name: Order
    Value Data: 38
    New Dword:
    Value name: Type
    Value Data: 4

If you don't understand this then you probably should not mess with your registry and hope that Hannip is nice enough to put this into a cab for you. If you do understand, then after you enter this, softreset, then go into your today settings and there will be an option for outlook. Check it and it will bring up your cool today plugin
    Enjoy...Sorry I don't have the Cab writer software loaded on my computer..
    Blend
    I just copied many more files than b4 and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS R THE BEST!!!!!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    blend the reg file I posted earlier will do this. It just needs to be imported using a regeditor such as Resco or the free TaskMgr from xda.
    Hannip you were right about the hidden files, after showing them I had a whole bunch more and they all copied over and now it's working GREAT!!! Thanks so much!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just copied many more files than b4 and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS R THE BEST!!!!!!!!
    Yay! Another satisfied customer.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Hey, is there any way to put a shortcut to the "email" messaging in your start programs? If so what .exe file should it be?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have Resco but its not working
    Last edited by veronicamays; 10/28/2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I figured it out...duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    Hey, is there any way to put a shortcut to the "email" messaging in your start programs? If so what .exe file should it be?
    copy a shortcut of \windows\tmail.exe to \windows\start menu\
    Hannip...That reg file you posted has that key in it?
    yay!!!!!!!!! Thanks hannip....my outlook today plugin is back.....YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    I have Resco but its not working
    If you have the resco registry editor open it up and select Menu->Import. Choose the folder you placed the reg file in and select today.reg and hit ok. It should say "Registry script file imported successfully". Exit out and do a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    copy a shortcut of \windows\tmail.exe to \windows\start menu\
    Thanks!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post
    Hannip...That reg file you posted has that key in it?

Yep, except it's called inbox, but that doesn't matter. That's directly out of my registry which has both plugins.
    GUYS: Don't forget to use Vijay's VJSlippyPalm!

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJSlippyPalm

You can map to any hardware key a way to toggle back and forth between Messaging and Outlook. Use the -min command to just minimze them. Works very well now. (vijay was going to look into a way to modify the left software key for this).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter