Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
    can everyone still connect to the internet?
    quick question: how long does a sprite restore usually take to do on a 700wx? This is my first time doing one and after the phone reset itself it seems to be stuck at the Windows Mobile splash screen. I'm afraid to stop it because i don't want to break my phone...is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanrobinson View Post
    http://mavick.com/f/logohide2.rar

compliments of mavick on ppcgeeks.com
    -nathan
    Thanks But unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It makes my screen do strange stuff when I try to dial. I know Mavick is still working on it so hopefully he'll get it...
    ok, i dont have any inbox in the programs list and have lost email on today screen. i sure i'm not the only one. what i have done,with a fresh phone with no other text version app on it to uninstall. i loaded the cab and moved the files to the windows dir. i didn't do any reg changes like renaming the sms folder to sms.old or anything. i didn't add the sms trigger file cause i though it was included in the cab.

is there something i should have done?

thanks, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    quick question: how long does a sprite restore usually take to do on a 700wx? This is my first time doing one and after the phone reset itself it seems to be stuck at the Windows Mobile splash screen. I'm afraid to stop it because i don't want to break my phone...is this normal?
    I had that happen once. I just hit the reset button and it came back ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
    can everyone still connect to the internet?
    yep
    Cody,
    If you can load the program from the file Messaging.exe in the \windows folder, then everything is loaded ok. Just put a copy of that file in \windows\Startmenu and \windows\programs. If you need you can direct any secondary programs to those files.
    Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post
    Cody,
    If you can load the program from the file Messaging.exe in the \windows folder, then everything is loaded ok. Just put a copy of that file in \windows\Startmenu and \windows\programs. If you need you can direct any secondary programs to those files.
    when i hit this it brings up the sms app. i need access to outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    \windows\tmail.exe will open your inbox. You can copy a shortcut to \Windows\Start Menu\ to get it on your start menu.
    What does your left softkey open?
    ok i still don't have the outlook today plugin....and this was after a hard reset. i moved all of the files except for the messagingapp.exe file into the windows folder....is there anything that i didn't do?
    ok, i dont have any inbox in the programs list and have lost email on today screen. i sure i'm not the only one. what i have done,with a fresh phone with no other text version app on it to uninstall. i loaded the cab and moved the files to the windows dir. i didn't do any reg changes like renaming the sms folder to sms.old or anything. i didn't add the sms trigger file cause i though it was included in the cab.

is there something i should have done?

thanks, cody
    ok. it looks like the email app that i used to have onthe today screen isn' t avalible any more. i use to have a outlook plugin and a palm threded text plug in with the first version. now just the sms plug in. not knowing how else to get to my email i started freeking out. i went to start and programs thinking i would see a inbox for email and a messing for the threeded text... not the messaging runs the messageingpluging.dll that say " there is no app associated with "messageingplugin.dll". run the app first then....

the messing soft key though works now.

i'm just woundering if there is something i can do to get the outlook plug in working agian cause i dont use phone alarm and like looking at it to see if i have new mail. plus i use the start programs way to get to email sometimes. is there something i should do?

thanks, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 10/28/2006 at 09:52 PM.
    messagingapp.exe needs to be in there also.
    very good. i did have to put it in the windows/ startmenu/ programs folder.

i also put the messageing.exe in there as well and now all is good.

i deleted the messageing.ink that was givving me an error and now all is well

thanks for everything guys, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post
    messagingapp.exe needs to be in there also.
    i don't think that was mentioned in the instruction text file...but i just added it to the windows directory and did a soft reset but i still don't have the outlook today plugin....
    So if I copy messaging.exe into the startmenu it will give me the todayplugin?
    my texts are still getting hungup in the outbox after installing the new beta. I cut all the apps in the palm messaging folder to the windows folder. Is this how it's supposed to be?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Could someone please give a step by step installation for idiots? I checked out the sticky on the main menu, but are there some changes that need to be made to this? Just curious....i'm using resco explorer if this helps.....thanks!
    the readme is a step by step, just follow it exactly.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
    i don't think that was mentioned in the instruction text file...but i just added it to the windows directory and did a soft reset but i still don't have the outlook today plugin....
    I had an extra messagingapp.exe that was installed both under \windows and \Program Files\Palm Messaging\. I've since removed the latter one in the cab since it is redundant.