Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    waho. great job hannip. you are so close to making everything run perfectly... just a few more things like you said. keep up the great work and i cant wait to run the final version!
    This is great! I hadn't made it back to this thread in awhile..... to many exams..... sounds like its getting close!!!

Has the MMS already been fixed?
    Someone at xda is reporting that removing the link to poutlook in startup resolves the issue of it taking over the sms. I get this problem occasionally so I might try this. Not sure what you lose by removing it from startup, but it's worth a shot.
    One thing I noticed is that if you have a thread opened up - when a new message comes in, you do not get any notice of it's arrival.
    I'm new to the boards though I have been browsing these forums for months now... I just thought now was the time to chime in and and say what great work that has been accomplished by everyone here. On that note, could someone PM me the link for the threaded text. This could be the greatest development for our phones yet. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by autocreeper View Post
    One thing I noticed is that if you have a thread opened up - when a new message comes in, you do not get any notice of it's arrival.
    Doesnt happen with me. I left it on an open chat, and i still get the message coming thru, giving u the option to view it or dismiss it (sprint 6700)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Someone at xda is reporting that removing the link to poutlook in startup resolves the issue of it taking over the sms. I get this problem occasionally so I might try this. Not sure what you lose by removing it from startup, but it's worth a shot.

well i didnt remove, but i made poutlook load after the message

but i would guess removing poutlook simply stops it from loading after a boot, but lets the messages load. then if u want pooutlook u can run it by clicking the link. the whole theory behind it tho i believe is to get messagings.exe to load before poutlook

i dont think u would loose anything by removing the poutlook,its just a setting to not load it at startup. as the startup programs is pretty much the same as the startup folder on your regular computer? just has the program already runnning for use. saving u time to click it after boot up. somebody chime in if im wrong on this
    Last edited by jupiter; 10/28/2006 at 12:50 PM. Reason: add
    anybody have the problem of, if u get new SMS, in the list, if you highly a next text message,the option to "mark as read" is greyed out? so i have to actually click in the text to mark it as read. anybody else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by autocreeper View Post
    Go to Sounds & Notifications in your settings and on the Notifications tab select the event "Messaging: New Message (Palm...". Check that "Play sound" is checked. Click on the Play icon to see if the sound plays. If it does not select another sound that does.
    Go to Sounds & Notifications in your settings and on the Notifications tab select the event "Messaging: New Message (Palm...". Check that "Play sound" is checked. Click on the Play icon to see if the sound plays. If it does not select another sound that does.
    It plays a sound and vibrates and all that jazz, I have all that set up under Sounds and Notifications...this ONLY happens if the person I'm chatting with sends me a text message and I have their chat window opened.

If I'm in another person's chat window, it gives me a regular notification. If I get a message from the person I'm chatting with, it just throws it in the list and doesn't beep, buzz, or anything - I DO get the text though.

Make sense?
    Last edited by autocreeper; 10/28/2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    Yeah. hmm, can't say I have that issue. Is this a treo?
    I'm back to using the older threaded sms app(I need to be able to send out email and can deal with re-sending my texts), I can't wait for you guys to release a new one. Keep up the great work, and know we all appreciate your time!
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/28/2006 at 04:00 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Yeah. hmm, can't say I have that issue. Is this a treo?
    Cingular 8125 on the AT&T Network.
    Anyone thought to rename this thread to ....NOT WORKING YET? just messing with everyone. keep up the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by gobigblue View Post
    Anyone thought to rename this thread to ....NOT WORKING YET? just messing with everyone. keep up the good work
    Hehe, oh I took it to mean "working" as in we are working on it. lol
    it does work People are just enhancing it
    Jimmie Geddes
    Alright folks. Hannip and I got this all figured out. Stay tuned....We got a fully working (I hope), minus MMS, BETA 3 on the WAY!!

Hannip..Check your PM
    really. wow. i really hope so blend
    Everything is working the way it should on my wx
    Anyone who doesn't have total commander(or resco might work but I've never used it..u need to overwrite system files)...go get it..ur gonna need it. You should have it anyway...It's free and it's awesome

Get it here

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm