Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
    same with me. I hit the send button and nothing happens. I have an 8125, not a treo though.
    I went back to the old Palm threaded messaging app, I still have to resend messages when in a chat, but I can now email
    Jimmie Geddes
    Huh...I don't seem to have that problem at all. I wonder why. That happened even if you closed all of your messaging app and loaded outlook(tmail) first, then the threader?
    I went back to the old threaded messaging app and now incoming texts are opened by the outlook messaging app. It's like I can't win,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I haven't installed this version due to all the bugs, but I did have the second version previously and never had a "reset" menu option of any kind. Why would this be and was it a soft reset setting or exactly what was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    I haven't installed this version due to all the bugs, but I did have the second version previously and never had a "reset" menu option of any kind. Why would this be and was it a soft reset setting or exactly what was it?
    that was just someone's 3rd party reset utility that they threw in when the built the cab for the heck of it. nothing to do with palm or the messaging app.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/27/2006 at 07:02 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    that was just someone's 3rd party reset utility that they threw in when the built the cab for the heck of it. nothing to do with palm or the messaging app.
    I see. Thanks for the explanation.
    Last edited by Alwaysbelieve1; 10/27/2006 at 02:43 PM.
    i believe in hannip!!!
    I hate to add to the list of beggers, but can some one pm me the info on the .cab. Thanks in advance.
    "We must all fear evil men, but there is an evil we must fear most. And that is the indifference of good men." -- The Boondock Saints.
    Dankinia, you've got pm
    Sorry guys, I've been real busy at my real job.

I'm going to have to work this weekend also.

Next week I'm on vacation and should have more time to work on this.
    If you guys really want this thing it's at:
    http://ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?t=...661e8354b6da97

near the bottom.

It doesn't work though. Close, but not quite yet. IF you install it - you better have a SOLID backup or two; you'll want them.
    Last edited by autocreeper; 10/27/2006 at 10:39 PM.
    Not sure how much you guys send emails from the phone, but for me its maybe once or twice a week. If you do it infrequently, you can remove the shortcut for the messaging app from the startup folder and reset. This will allow you to send through pocket outlook just fine. Unfortunately, text messages go through pocket outlook too. Then when done, just put the shortuct back in the startup folder and do another reset. Also, for those that get that messagingapp.exe error, you can just copy the messagingapp.exe from the "\Program Files\Palm Messaging" and put it in your "\Windows" directory. This fixed that error for me and also allowed me to actually close the app, providing that you had it startup group to begin with.

Hope that wasn't too long winded, just some workarounds until everything gets figured out.
    Well I narrowed down the dll that fixes the chat delay to webview.dll.

The bad news is that this is the same dll that breaks the mail send and auto lookup. So it's looking like I will have to figure out how to bring over a working mail app from the 750.

You can free up over 3mb from your storage by removing the following files from \Program Files\Palm Messaging\

htmlview.dll
    browsres.96.dll
    browsres.dll
    pushprxy.dll
    tapres.96.dll
    tapres.dll
    pimutil.dll
    calstore.dll
    pimstore.dll
    mmtimer.dll
    shutil.dll
    tpcutil.dll
    outres.dll
    sms.dll
    chngtrk.dll
    cemapi.dll
    shelres.dll
    compime.dll
    commctrl.dll.0409.mui
    commctrl.dll
    aygshell.dll
    oleaut32.dll
    cellcore.dll
    coredll.dll.0409.mui
    ossvcs.dll
    ole32.dll
    can u make a new cab that doesnt have those files
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well I narrowed down the dll that fixes the chat delay to webview.dll.

The bad news is that this is the same dll that breaks the mail send and auto lookup. So it's looking like I will have to figure out how to bring over a working mail app from the 750.
    And when I was originally thinking through this of narrowing down the .dlls all I was thinking was: please don't let them be the same .dll! Then I though, what are the chances....

Oh well, progress is progress. Thanks for weeding through all that to find out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    sure, but I was going to wait till I've fixed a few more things first.
    [QUOTE=phat78boy;1113856]Also, for those that get that messagingapp.exe error, you can just copy the messagingapp.exe from the "\Program Files\Palm Messaging" and put it in your "\Windows" directory. This fixed that error for me and also allowed me to actually close the app QUOTE]

Awesome find! Now I can keep this program loaded on my 8125! I was getting that error constantly. That solved it right up.
    its okay hannip i already did it. dont worry about it. but i didnt see oleaut32.dll in the cab
    [QUOTE=autocreeper;1113920]
    Quote Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
    Also, for those that get that messagingapp.exe error, you can just copy the messagingapp.exe from the "\Program Files\Palm Messaging" and put it in your "\Windows" directory. This fixed that error for me and also allowed me to actually close the app QUOTE]

Awesome find! Now I can keep this program loaded on my 8125! I was getting that error constantly. That solved it right up.
    Yeah, that will work as long as the messagingapp.exe is run from the \Program Files\Palm Messaging\ first. For example if the messaging app is closed and you click on the today plugin to open it your chat sends will hang again. If you use the windows start or programs short cut you'll be fine.

I'm going to write a new messagingapp.exe that calls the \Program Files\Palm Messaging\messagingapp.exe and put it in the \windows dir. That will fix both issues.

EDIT: Actually it works as long as \Program Files\Palm Messaging\messagingapp.exe is run the very first time. Even if the app is closed it still works. I think the dll's must get cached or file memmaped so the right one gets used again.

Also the only two files that need to be in the separate dir are messagingapp.exe and webview.dll. The rest can be in \windows. I'll fix up the cab.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/28/2006 at 01:51 AM.