Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Hannip I re-installed the new cab after I got finished doing a restore. For some reason it's working fine, texts are being opened with the new app. Also the errors I was receiving before like Malatesta posted are gone. Texts are going out immediately, being received through the new app, and no more errors. I don't know why it's all of a sudden working, but I'm glad it is.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I was getting the out of memory notice, and also after a soft reset I'd get messagingapp.exe "the file messaging app cannot be opened." After doing a hard reset and restore (from 2 days ago) and removing the old messaging app then installing the new cab I no longer get these errors.

This is listed in my startup folder using resco explorer in exact order:
    messaging
    poutlook
    services
    voice command
    Jimmie Geddes
    hmm, what does services point to?

I have an idea to solve the problem where you have to keep the messaging app open all the time. I think I just need to write a messagingapp.exe program that calls the one in \Program Files\Palm Messaging\. That should fix a lot of the issues. Weekend project.
    GO GO Hannip!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, what does services point to?

I have an idea to solve the problem where you have to keep the messaging app open all the time. I think I just need to write a messagingapp.exe program that calls the one in \Program Files\Palm Messaging\. That should fix a lot of the issues. Weekend project.
    windows\spbservices.exe

I don't even have any spb apps on my 700wx anymore, not sure why it's there.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I can't send text messages at all to verizon people with the new verison, even with the workaround of putting the persons#@vtext.com

I can only send to Sprint people. I think I'm gonna go back to the old version for now.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I can't send text messages at all to verizon people with the new verison, even with the workaround of putting the persons#@vtext.com

I can only send to Sprint people. I think I'm gonna go back to the old version for now.
    Jimmie, You have to go into the options and enter the Email Center number back in. It is Options->Advanced->Manual->Edit->Email Center Number->6245
    O/T: This has to be the most intense thread ever...
    has anyone had any luck sending an mms with a sprint 6700? It still closes the app for me and leaves the picturemail sitting in the outbox

-s
    Thanks Blend that worked!!

I had already restored and went back to the old version. I re-installed the new cab and ran into the same error messagses. I removed the app, soft reset, then reinstalled the new app, soft reset. The errors are completely gone again

You guys might want to try removing the app, then re-installing it. It got rid of the errors for me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Thanks Blend that worked!!

I had already restored and went back to the old version. I re-installed the new cab and ran into the same error messagses. I removed the app, soft reset, then reinstalled the new app, soft reset. The errors are completely gone again

You guys might want to try removing the app, then re-installing it. It got rid of the errors for me.
    does that mean you can send mms?
    MMS doesn't work for me yet..
    no mms doesn't work. I've never used it anyway, so it's not a problem for me. You guys did an amazing job with this new update!!! It works just like it should, no more delays, no errors. Awesome!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    another problem i noticed. i went to one of my pop email folder, was looking at an email, told poutlook to download the rest of the message, after that point, any message i looked at in the default messaging app was completely blank.

i just uninstalled. all is back to normal now. will wait for the next fix to come thru and give my analysis then
    Quote Originally Posted by slypher View Post
    has anyone had any luck sending an mms with a sprint 6700? It still closes the app for me and leaves the picturemail sitting in the outbox

-s

nope no luck
    same thing happens with me on my sprint 6700
    i installed the new app (didn't have any old versions installed)....i can't send email at all and my outlook contacts lookup doesn't work even after closing both outlook and the messaging app and opening outlook first. can someone help me. i have a 700wx.

Fixed: Did another soft reset....closed both apps and started outlook first, now i can send and the lookup works

Another edit: Now my messages are stuck in the outbox again

So here is the rundown:
    If I open up messaging first then i can send texts w/o the outbox hang but i can't use the lookup contacts feature in outlook nor can i send and receive email

If I open outlook first i can send and receive email and the lookups work but then the messaging app has the outbox delay again.
    Last edited by laestrella; 10/26/2006 at 08:55 PM.
    i dont know if this is the right program or not cause i installed this one, and the other MMS program from the other thread. I keep getting a tmail.exe error like 3 times in a row and have to restart every now and then cause ittl freeze. Im gonna un-install for now too.
    I have the app installed, now how do I configure this for Verizon? I also can't find the regedit locatoin I have to change. Can someone give me the path of the reg key I have to edit?
    I think it's supposed to automatically make the registry changes.
    So how about Verizon configurations? It currently is setup for sprint.