Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah was just noticiing that...

anyway to do a version check on all the .dlls?

weed out the same version ones, keep the "newer" versions?
    If you want to reduce theinstall size, that will fix it, but as far as the outlook issues, its probably a newer dll that is causing the conflicts. Just have to hope it can be replaced back to the 700wx version and still keep the integrity of the threaded app.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, I haven't run into that one yet. Do you happen to have an Inbox link in your startup folder?

I have links for
    Messaging.lnk
    poutlook.lnk
    Voice Commad.lnk

Can you list yours in the order they appear?
    I'll post them. I just did a restore so I can go back to the old app. I'll re-install the new one again once my restore finishes and post what I have in startup.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    If you want to reduce theinstall size, that will fix it, but as far as the outlook issues, its probably a newer dll that is causing the conflicts. Just have to hope it can be replaced back to the 700wx version and still keep the integrity of the threaded app.
    Right but if we weed out the "ditto" dlls (e.g. same created dates) we'll have a MUCH smaller pool of "new" .dlls to work with!

Who knows, maybe there are only 5 "new" .dlls of which we only need 2...

It's too big of a task (and not orderly) to start randomly deleting these .dlls.

Just my 2 cents!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    You can't go by the create date. I don't think version info is available for the mobile dll's. About the only thing you can compare is the size in bytes. Use Resco Explorer and open properties to get the exact size.
    I'm not sure how much of a size difference the signing of these dll's causes so it may be a few bytes off even if they are the same.
    You can't go by the create date. I don't think version info is available for the mobile dll's. About the only thing you can compare is the size in bytes. Use Resco Explorer and open properties to get the exact size.
    I'm not sure how much of a size difference the signing of these dll's causes so it may be a few bytes off even if they are the same.
    but wouldn't the device system .dlls (700) all have the same date on our devices since they are in ROM and not adjustable? thereby giving us a baseline to compare to these 750 ones which would be different?

then again, if ALL the "palm messaging" .dlls have the same create date, then it would be useless.

Hannip - I figured I would just pop in with another "Does the Poutlook folder "goto" functionality work with this app & new version of outlook?
    Maybe if we could get the create dates from someone that has a 750 for each of these files we could compare the dates. But it all depends on if the reused dll's had their timestamp preserved. If they rebuilt them the timestamp would get updated.
    Maybe if we could get the create dates from someone that has a 750 for each of these files we could compare the dates. But it all depends on if the reused dll's had their timestamp preserved. If they rebuilt them the timestamp would get updated.
    yup, that makese sense (just free thinking here, throwing out ideas).

maybe file size then, assuming the difference is noticable enough. we have to find a way to narrow this down, otherwise it's chaos and sheer luck

Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Hannip - I figured I would just pop in with another "Does the Poutlook folder "goto" functionality work with this app & new version of outlook?
    By "goto" functionality do you mean the feature that lets you change folders without using a stylus? The Messaging app has that feature.

I haven't seen a 750. Does the mail app have that feature? If so does it work like the Messaging app? Screenshot anyone?
    yo yo yo, I've been out of commision since I've been dealing with moving back home...argh, but I see y'all have made some wonderful progress (yay no delay!)

Can someone PM me a link to the .cab? thanks
    By "goto" functionality do you mean the feature that lets you change folders without using a stylus? The Messaging app has that feature.

I haven't seen a 750. Does the mail app have that feature? If so does it work like the Messaging app? Screenshot anyone?
    It's part of AKU 2.3, which the 750 has so I assume it has this:

ok well here is an update i guess.

My threaded text is working pretty much perfectly. here are the only problems i have.

it would be nice if this was embedded with the outlook program. when i click the messaging tab it goes to the email.

and that is pretty much it. other than that i am loving it
    hmm, I'm running the tmail app from the 750 on my 700 and I don't see the Go To listed on the menu. I guess I'm still missing something that enables that.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    ok well here is an update i guess.

My threaded text is working pretty much perfectly. here are the only problems i have.

it would be nice if this was embedded with the outlook program. when i click the messaging tab it goes to the email.

and that is pretty much it. other than that i am loving it
    No lookup problems in your email for contacts? That appeared to be universal...

as far as toggling, Vijay created an app. You can assign it another button or we can figure out how to remap the "messaging" one:
    http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJSlippyPalm

So there is probably a smarter way to go about weeding out the unneeded dll's. If you have VS2005 it comes with a dumpbin.exe program that you can use to see what dll's a dll imports.

ex. dumpbin /imports htmlview.dll

We could use that to determine which dll's are at the top of the chain and work our way from the top down. Remove the dll's that aren't imported by any others one by one. If we can remove one it may make another dll the top of the chain if it's not shared by others. Try removing that. etc. Once we go through all of those then start from the bottom up. See if a dll that is shared by most others can be removed. Keep going until it breaks.

If someone is bored and has dumpbin you could draw a tree diagram and post it so others can take advantage of it.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/26/2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    also noticed is that the soft "on screen" keypad no longer gets stuck on screen when closing messaging app....

also when i get more than text, the lil picture icon on the right doesnt display, it just shows the box with the red x where the pic is supposed to be. at work now so cant post screenshot.. sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    also noticed is that the soft "on screen" keypad no longer gets stuck on screen when closing messaging app....

also when i get more than text, the lil picture icon on the right doesnt display, it just shows the box with the red x where the pic is supposed to be. at work now so cant post screenshot.. sorry
    Yeah, I think I know what that problem is. Some of the gifs need to be moved to the \windows folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No lookup problems in your email for contacts? That appeared to be universal...

as far as toggling, Vijay created an app. You can assign it another button or we can figure out how to remap the "messaging" one:
    http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJSlippyPalm
    Malatesta,
    I figured out how to get it to work. On my device anyway(Treo wx). First close(not minimize) both the SMS threader and poutlook. Then make sure to open poutlook first, and then open the SMS threader 2nd...then the contact search in outlook works fine. I guess outlook needs to open first. Can anyone else confirm this on their phone?? Why does the threader open itself on a softreset?

I am curious how these two programs interact with each other on the 750?
    Blend
    The threader opens on boot so it can load before anything tries to use it. It is not in the path where some programs expect it to be, but if it's already loaded these programs can find it ok. I've tried changing the paths in the reg and several other options, but this was the only way I could get it to work.

Maybe I can play with the loading of poutlook and messaging order to resolve this.

Edit: If the mail app is loaded first it takes over sms. So the messaging app needs to load first with the current settings. There might be a way to hack the reg so that the mail app wont take over sms that I ran into by accident last night. If that works the mail app can load first and fix those issues.

I have a feeling that some of these issue with work themselve out once we remove the extra dll's.
    Last edited by hannip; 10/26/2006 at 04:45 PM.
    hmm, I haven't run into that one yet. Do you happen to have an Inbox link in your startup folder?

I have links for
    Messaging.lnk
    poutlook.lnk
    Voice Commad.lnk

Can you list yours in the order they appear?

Still running the 2nd generation of the Palm app. My startup is:

PDAnet
    Services
    Y! Connections

I have never had the normal messaging system take over, and it doesn't revert after reset. In fact, I can't get to it. Sbp Diary is the only app seeing all of my old txt messages.

Current problems: Hang in the outbox, PhoneAlarm link doesn't go to Palm messaging app, and Out of memory when trying to MMS. I uninstalled Arcsoft MMS prior to installing Palm App.

Good luck guys, we're cheering for you! And Sprint to fix the damn MMS...