Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After using this beta for about an hour, here is what I noticed

The Good:
    Delay while in chat mode is fixed (of course)
    Pressing arrow keys closing app is fixed

The not so good:
    I get an error upon soft reset saying cannot open messagingapp either because it is not signed or from an untrusted source

Also did anyone else notice that this program takes up about 12 megs.... i went from 21 to 9 megs after installing... Is this something I did wrong or is everyone else noticing this as well. (i have cleared any temp files that may have been cause by unzipping the file)
    Yeah, I just noticed that too. No email send. Recieve works. That's a must fix.

Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    ahhh i think i know what malatesta meant wwith this:

it doesnt seem to be working with the regular pOutlook. also, replying doesnt bring the address over. and you can no longer select the "To:" to bring up contacts. in fact, none of my email accounts work whatsoever. they receive. but will not send out. so for those of you who need email on your phone, i would NOT recommend you install this.
  3.    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    The today plugin for outlook is GONE.

The "reset" program is gone, but I don't care about that one bit. Maybe someone will miss it?
    I miss the reset program...

As for the today plugin, I REALLY miss that.

Can anyone with the plugin still there go to their registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Inbox) and list the keys for it?

It's gone. I attempted to rebuild it by replicating the "Messaging" entry (remaning it Inbox), but oddly my calendar info came up.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    just noticed that too... email messages dont autolookup or allow lookup from To:, however Exchange Activesync still allows "send/recieve" since it is actually syncing
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    Also did anyone else notice that this program takes up about 12 megs.... i went from 21 to 9 megs after installing... Is this something I did wrong or is everyone else noticing this as well. (i have cleared any temp files that may have been cause by unzipping the file)
    It takes up 1.2mb on my device. Did you read it wrong?

Oh, you mean storage, not program memory. That will improve once I remove the extra dll's.
    luckily, i dont send many emails out so it doesnt effect me too much.

also, wideawake from PPC geeks mentioned this:
    I just checked it out my my clean device (just hard reset not that long ago) and when opening the app i get an error message which is posted above in that screenshot mala posted. and i no longer have a outlook inbox! note i tried this while out and about. i think i can fix this when i get home tho....if i can i will post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    ahhh i think i know what malatesta meant wwith this:

it doesnt seem to be working with the regular pOutlook. also, replying doesnt bring the address over. and you can no longer select the "To:" to bring up contacts. in fact, none of my email accounts work whatsoever. they receive. but will not send out. the send button does not do anything. so for those of you who need email on your phone, i would NOT recommend you install this.
    Bingo! That's exactly what happened on mine.

Either way, this is GOOD news overall.

What has been shown is that we can fix the "hang in outbox" issue during a chat, that is "Component X" (probably a .dll) is in this Palm Messaging folder, now we have to actually identifiy it. That's pretty huge, imo.

Of course, there are "Components Y, etc" which screw up Outlook and cause some other behavior, so we need to identify and ditch those.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It takes up 1.2mb on my device. Did you read it wrong?

Oh, you mean storage, not program memory. That will improve once I remove the extra dll's.
    oh ok, thanks hannip, just checking to see if that was just me or everyone... btw im on a Sprint PPC6700
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Bingo! That's exactly what happened on mine.

Either way, this is GOOD news overall.

What has been shown is that we can fix the "hang in outbox" issue during a chat, that is "Component X" (probably a .dll) is in this Palm Messaging folder, now we have to actually identifiy it. That's pretty huge, imo.

Of course, there are "Components Y, etc" which screw up Outlook and cause some other behavior, so we need to identify and ditch those.
    If anyone is adventurous you can start moving the dll's in \Program Files\Palm Messaging\ one by one to another folder (not \windows\ hehe) and reset to see if it still works. If it stops working write it down and replace it and try another.

The 750 system dll's are:
    htmlview.dll
    browsres.96.dll
    browsres.dll
    webview.dll
    pushprxy.dll
    tapres.96.dll
    tapres.dll
    pimutil.dll
    calstore.dll
    pimstore.dll
    mmtimer.dll
    shutil.dll
    tpcutil.dll
    outres.dll
    sms.dll
    chngtrk.dll
    cemapi.dll
    shelres.dll
    compime.dll
    commctrl.dll.0409.mui
    commctrl.dll
    aygshell.dll
    oleaut32.dll
    cellcore.dll
    coredll.dll.0409.mui
    ossvcs.dll
    ole32.dll
    coredll.dll
    After installing I get those errors Malatesta postes, but also when a message comes in the old SMS app opens it. I send it out with the Palm one, when I get a response the old app takes over. Any ideas?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post

Can anyone with the plugin still there go to their registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Inbox) and list the keys for it?

It's gone. I attempted to rebuild it by replicating the "Messaging" entry (remaning it Inbox), but oddly my calendar info came up.
    This is what I have for Inbox and Messaging plugins. They coexist on my treo.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Inbox"]
    "DLL"="tmailutl.dll"
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "Order"=dword:00000004
    "Options"=dword:00000000
    "Type"=dword:00000004
    "Flags"=dword:00000000
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Messaging"]
    "DLL"="\\windows\\messagingplugin.dll"
    "Selectability"=dword:00000001
    "Order"=dword:00000005
    "Flags"=dword:00000000
    "Options"=dword:00000000
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "Type"=dword:00000004
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Inbox

Added New Key ("Inbox") without parentheses, with quotes
    New String - Name: DLL / Data: tmailutl.dll
    New DWORD - Name: Enabled / Data: 1
    New DWORD - Name: Order / Data: 2
    New DWORD - Name: Selectability / Data: 2
    New DWORD - Name: Type / Data: 4

after soft reset icon was back in full effect.... anyone with more registry knowledge may be able to write that up better than i can...

edit: hannip beat me to it, and it makes more sense
    Last edited by kwyatt; 10/29/2006 at 10:20 PM. Reason: too late
    I applaud all of you for your efforts...I am going to stick it out with the first version with the Outbox hang. I've made peace with that, for now. I can't wait for the big release of the working version, though!

By the way, when we get the new final .cab, will we have to unistall the first version or will this .cab just delete the old SMS app and replace it with the new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    After installing I get those errors Malatesta postes, but also when a message comes in the old SMS app opens it. I send it out with the Palm one, when I get a response the old app takes over. Any ideas?
    Did you do a reset after installing? It's required so that the messaging app loads before the inbox app so the inbox knows to keep its hands off of the sms messages.
    since pimstore.dll is already on the device I don't think we need two of them:

Note The pimstore.dll file is already present in ROM on Pocket PC devices, so the following steps are not necessary for Pocket PC.

After you download the POOM SDK, run the pimstore.exe file to extract its contents. To use the POOM, you need to install and register pimstore.dll file on your Windows CE Companion device. The DLL for each CPU is copied to your PC when you download and run the self-extracting .exe file. The DLLs are distinguished by name; for example, pimstore_sh3.dll supports the SH3 processor. To use POOM, drag the pimstore_*.dll for your CPU to the \Windows directory of your companion device. Rename the DLL to "pimstore.dll" without the underscore and CPU designation.

Register the pimstore.dll on the device. You can do this in several different ways, which include running regsvr.exe on the device as follows:

\windows\regsvr.exe \windows\pimstore.dll

Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    I applaud all of you for your efforts...I am going to stick it out with the first version with the Outbox hang. I've made peace with that, for now. I can't wait for the big release of the working version, though!

By the way, when we get the new final .cab, will we have to unistall the first version or will this .cab just delete the old SMS app and replace it with the new one?
    You will need to uninstall first prior to installing the final one.
    Did you do a reset after installing? It's required so that the messaging app loads before the inbox app so the inbox knows to keep its hands off of the sms messages.
    I removed the old Palm messaging app, and installed the new one. After the install it didn't ask me to soft reset like it usually does. I knew to soft reset it anyway. The texts come in to the old sms app.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    since pimstore.dll is already on the device I don't think we need two of them:
    They are all already on the device.
    We need to figure out which ones that preexist on the treo work with the app and which require the equivalent 750 versions.
    They are all already on the device.
    We need to figure out which ones that preexist on the treo work with the app and which require the equivalent 750 versions.
    yeah was just noticiing that...

anyway to do a version check on all the .dlls? e.g. "Created Date" via Properties?

weed out the same version ones, keep the "newer" versions?

(I don't have the app or files installed, but this would very helpful I think)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I removed the old Palm messaging app, and installed the new one. After the install it didn't ask me to soft reset like it usually does. I knew to soft reset it anyway. The texts come in to the old sms app.
    hmm, I haven't run into that one yet. Do you happen to have an Inbox link in your startup folder?

I have links for
    Messaging.lnk
    poutlook.lnk
    Voice Commad.lnk

Can you list yours in the order they appear?