Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    littlepat, if you havent realized yet, all WM5 phone users have infiltrated TC. im a 6700 user, there are prob a couple MDA users here as well.

i have constant refreshes going on xda-developers, ppcgeeks, pdaphonehome, and here waiting for a release.
    Yeah, you can still find me on i730 and 6700 forums as well. I'm just trying to convince everyone not to go crazy looking for this "test" version yet
    Some initial observations:

- send during a chat works now. it's instant.

- phonealarm picks it up as a new SMS but you will get the system and PA notifications

- auto contact look up for writing "messages" doesn't work anymore

- auto word complete is flaky, working some on and off

- program HAS to be running in background to work, so you'll need to launch it on every soft reset or you'll get no notifications of new text messages (although it just launched on a new message after a soft reset and gave me an error, lost icons during chat)

- Outlook is a bit flaky now with some soft menu items not responding (cancel message, etc.)

Conclusion: It's getting there! Progress is progress now it's a matter of fixing these others issues (auto contact lookup is a must).

Fun to beta test but definitely not ready for regular use! So be warned.

Thanks though to hannip for working on this!

Here are some error pics that I got:

Oh and of course IT DOESN'T FIX THE SPRINT/SMS ISSUE! lol
    Last edited by Malatesta; 10/26/2006 at 10:35 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    A 7meg install is big, but not that big if it is being installed into the windows directory and overwriting existing .dll's and .exe's. I don't know if that is the case because I think Hannip was playing with installing it in it's own folder. If it's going into \windows i don't think it will be that bad. But what do I know
    - program HAS to be running in background to work, so you'll need to launch it on every soft reset or you'll get no notifications of new text messages (although it just launched on a new message after a soft reset and gave me an error, lost icons during chat)
    that bites, thats one of the things i liked about this program, was that it didnt have to be running full time.
    Quote Originally Posted by blend View Post
    A 7meg install is big, but not that big if it is being installed into the windows directory and overwriting existing .dll's and .exe's. I don't know if that is the case because I think Hannip was playing with installing it in it's own folder. If it's going into \windows i don't think it will be that bad. But what do I know
    Yeah Hannip is doing a killer job!
    But if it ends up being a 7mb install flat out, with out overwritting anything, I will have to pass. My 6700 doesn't have room for it. But I have a feeling it will end up being smaller!
    Keep it up guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post

i have constant refreshes going on xda-developers, ppcgeeks, pdaphonehome, and here waiting for a release.
    lol
    The size should be reduced for the final version. I still haven't widdled down the specific dll's it needs so there is a lot of extra stuff in there yet.

I won't be able to do much work on it today or tomorrow so it is what it is for now.

Malatesta, thanks for testing this! I see your chat gif's aren't displaying. I don't see this problem. Does that happen for you all the time?
    You should have a Messaging.lnk in your startup folder that starts it at boot. Yeah, it sucks that it has to keep running. That's another thing that needs to be worked out along with the other items you mentioned. It's a beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Malatesta, thanks for testing this! I see your chat gif's aren't displaying. I don't see this problem. Does that happen for you all the time?
    You should have a Messaging.lnk in your startup folder that starts it at boot. Yeah, it sucks that it has to keep running. That's another thing that needs to be worked out along with the other items you mentioned. It's a beta.
    re: the chat gifs

they actually worked just fine until I got that "out of memory" error after a soft-reset and a message came in. not sure why that happened but it's more of a bug than constant error. but for most of our chat they were fine.

edit: maybe I had 2 instances of the program running? hence the memory error and gif problem? as in it auto started and I manually started it at the same time (I didn't know it autostarted)...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    hey hannip could we test too lol
    check your PM. I'm going to be away from the forum for most of today and tomorrow. Must focus on work!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    would love to test too so we can all see if there any bugs while u are away.....
    ok ill be doing a 20 hour camp out for the ps3 so ill do some crazy work on this
    i will be testing here soon, as far as i know, the 6700s never got the memory error that malatesta is getting.
    send it my way too, i'll test
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    ok ill be doing a 20 hour camp out for the ps3 so ill do some crazy work on this
    at $600 a unit, will there be a need to camp out?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    at $600 a unit, will there be a need to camp out?
    Absolutely. Its the price of a cell phone nowadays

Not that I will be camping out, the 360 is good enough for me, I have no intentions of buying a 1080p TV anytime soon.

I don't think publicly telling people you'll PM them the cab is a good idea. This thread will be 3 pages longer by tonight!
    lol. well i got the cab once i fix something ill post an update
    ok my test results so far.... you do have to keep it open, or else it will go to the default SMS app. the SMS folder remains on there. i keep the program open using Wisbar's task management settings, having it minimize rather then close that particular program

renaming the SMS and MMS folder WILL result in this error:

on my PPC contact lookup DOES work.

as far as i can tell, word completion works as well. i dont normally use it, but i turned it on and just used it for 30 messages.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    check your PM. I'm going to be away from the forum for most of today and tomorrow. Must focus on work!
    Hey hannip, I would love to test too. please PM me the link! excellent work! you deserve the Treo golden stylus award!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    hey takmsdsm that only happened to me once.

i am on the 700w . my messaging button still goes to the regular sms. but when i do a soft reset the new threaded messaging opens automatically