Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I am having the same problem Blend. All of a sudden I can't send text messages. It looks like they get sent out, but I never receive them on my 700p. I keep getting the same text message I had sent from my 700wx to my 700p early this morning. None of my new ones go through matter what. I can do the sms to email though with the threaded sms app. I just hard reset my treo and am going to go through the install again. I called Sprint and they said they are having major issues with the 700wx and are working on a fix. I hadn't changed anything. This is frustrating.

I am starting to HATE Palm. The 700p is in dire need of a firmware fix, and the 700wx can only send to Sprint customers?? This is RIDICULOUS. I am hoping the hard reset takes care of this.
    maybe palm is pissed at us for pulling the app of the 750. now there best feature is availble for all wm5.0 devices (well almost).

thay probably shut the whole text messaging down just cause there mad. lol. jk

cody

fyi I just sent one while I was typing this. it still is working for me. got to love multi tasking.
    I can't send or recieve...and a hard reset did not work
    Blend I can receive, but no longer send.
    Jimmie Geddes
    hey jimmie that is exactly what startred happening to mine. and those other pop up errors. i just took it off until someone can figure the problem out
    I can't send messages even after a hard reset, only receive.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I can only send to email addresses(ie hotmail)...but can't recieve anything...except the random email from this am..which doesn't even seem to be working now...On the phone with sprint tech right now..I'll let ya know what they say..
    I hard reset my device, there is nothing on it. I can't send text messages out, but I can receive them. I called Sprint earlier and they said they are having major problems with the 700wx. I thought by hard resetting and not having anything on the device it should work, but not so. I am so glad that I hung on to my Treo 700p, I use texting so much. I am hoping that this is just a Sprint/Palm glitch that gets resolved soon.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I hard reset my device, there is nothing on it. I can't send text messages out, but I can receive them. I called Sprint earlier and they said they are having major problems with the 700wx. I thought by hard resetting and not having anything on the device it should work, but not so. I am so glad that I hung on to my Treo 700p, I use texting so much. I am hoping that this is just a Sprint/Palm glitch that gets resolved soon.
    So far the threaded app is still working for me. Just got finished sending a couple msgs and testing sms to email on my yahoo acct with success. Maybe just a Sprint network problem. ...nah, can't be.
    Well they opened another ticket for me...geez..They said that they could see the messages in the system in que to be sent to me...but they didn't know why they weren't going through...he said maybe they have the server down to try and fix the overall sms issue.

I also had him look up the 868191 ticket(sms outage) and he said there have been no updates to the ticket since the 9th!! Awsome..
    I just got off the phone with Sprint again, they told me that they are having "serious server issues with 700wx's texting ". Many people are reporting the problem that Blend and I are reporting, the tech I spoke with said that it is being worked on because they've been getting flooded with calls with the problem of either only being able to receive texts (like I am) or like in Blend's case no texts at all. He said that Sprint is very aware of the problem. I also asked if they think it's a problem on Palm's end and he said no it's definitely the way sprint's servers are communicating with 700wx's with texting. I am soooo glad I have my 700p. I've been so dependant on my 700wx, I feel bad for people who don't have backup devices. Like Dieter reported today they have no ETA of a fix, although he said he's hoping sometime next week. This sucks!!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    i went to the sprint place right now to drop my WX off to have them fix the headphone jack cause the tip of my adapter broke of in there, and at the same time switch my service back to my 650. she was being such a *****. she didnt even want to hear my problem since the tech wasnt there, everytime i started talking she would cut me off and say he wasnt there and the service had to be on the phone for them, to look at it and im trying to tell her "service has nothing to do with it, its the headphone jack, and i want to use my 650 till the WX's messinging gets fixed" but she wouldnt even let me tell her anything. just saying he wasnt there and his schedule is posted at the door and i couldn even drop it off. I used to be able to drop it off and get a ticket for it and pick it up when they call me. I havent liked them since nextel came along. Whenever i go in the store they always say "since the merge our rules have change" and always give me some BS. - sorry to rant, she pissed me off. I know i can switch the service over the phone, but i still have to take it to get the headphone jack fixed. Also, i dont know for sure if there is a reason why if you bring a phone for the tech that is HAS to have service on it. What if you bring an new model phone that has something wrong with it, and you want them to fix it so you can switch your service to it....
    The weird thing is I can send emails(although I am trying to text my 700p, not entering an email address entering my 700p's phone#) through sms and they get received(after following Littlepat's great instructions of changing the network config email center and mms urls), just not texts. I send like I'm sending a text to my treo 700p cellphone number, but my 700p doesn't get a text message it gets a new email message from my 700wx's phone #. When texting starts working for me will it revert back to sending the text message and not an email? Should I change it back to automatic? I am so confused,lol.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 10/19/2006 at 08:27 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    has anyone noticed this?

try executing the smsTrigger.exe in /Windows

i tried both versions the cab one and the zip one

the cab one is a much smaller size and reports.
    This is not a valid Application

the zip one is a bigger file size but reports:
    the file 'smsTrigger' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.

P.S. try opening it in File Explorer and not a third party like Resco explorer.

for some reason resco only beeps.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavick View Post
    has anyone noticed this?

try executing the smsTrigger.exe in /Windows

i tried both versions the cab one and the zip one

the cab one is a much smaller size and reports.
    This is not a valid Application

the zip one is a bigger file size but reports:
    the file 'smsTrigger' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.

P.S. try opening it in File Explorer and not a third party like Resco explorer.

for some reason resco only beeps.
    I think the only reason you get that error is because the program requires a parameter. Use Resco Explorer, highlight the file and click menu->File->Run. Enter /xml for the parameter. It should run without beeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I think the only reason you get that error is because the program requires a parameter. Use Resco Explorer, highlight the file and click menu->File->Run. Enter /xml for the parameter. It should run without beeping.
    ah i see it doesn't beep if i put anything as a parameter. i wonder why theres sucha huge file size difference between the two both of them dont give any error messages with parameters.

one the in the cab is 6000 something bytes and the other is 8,704 bytes
    Hannip in resco using>menu>file>run
    where exactly do you put the /xml?

All I see is::
    file:smstrigger.exe
    arguments is left blank

where do you put the /xml? thanks in advance.

Also does Sprint have a sms message center # besides the sms email center#? I am trying to fix my 700wx, it was texting fine last night and today. Thanks again guys for all your help
    Jimmie Geddes
    Search this thread for TreoSMSFairy
    thanks a million..works brilliantly.anyway of getting the IGNORE with SMS hack? thanks
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    they are putting an emergency fix in place tonight for the Bay Area...maybe this will help?

==============================================
    SPRINT NETWORK MAINTENANCE INFORMATION

REFERENCE SPRINT TICKET NUMBER: 549159

MAINTENANCE TYPE: Demand Maintenance

START DATE - TIME: 10/23 0300 CT

STOP DATE - TIME: 10/23 0700 CT

SPRINT NETWORK MARKET: San Francisco - Santa Clara California

CUSTOMER INFORMATION

CUSTOMER LOCATION: San Francisco - Santa Clara California

IMPACTED PRODUCT: All Products and Sub Products

EXPECTED IMPACT: PCS customers may lose service for up to 15 minutes.
    That says 10/23.....

Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    they are putting an emergency fix in place tonight for the Bay Area...maybe this will help?

SPRINT NETWORK MAINTENANCE INFORMATION

REFERENCE SPRINT TICKET NUMBER: 549159

MAINTENANCE TYPE: Demand Maintenance

START DATE - TIME: 10/23 0300 CT

STOP DATE - TIME: 10/23 0700 CT

SPRINT NETWORK MARKET: San Francisco - Santa Clara California

CUSTOMER INFORMATION

CUSTOMER LOCATION: San Francisco - Santa Clara California

IMPACTED PRODUCT: All Products and Sub Products

EXPECTED IMPACT: PCS customers may lose service for up to 15 minutes.
    I tried it on CIngular 3g with dopod 838 pro also and its working flawlessly...does anyone have the MMS settings for Cingulars server? my device was bought overseas and as such i dont have any!

if GSM users want me to try anything on the dopod in anticipation of the treo 750v's arrival i would be happy to do so.