Page 17 of 85 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1700
  1. #321  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you know guy, I have the first cab installed and did the reg edits. I used totalcommander and removed the extra (inbox 1 and messaging 1) from programs folder and I don't and never had the resens from outbox problem or any error messages. could this be cause I have push email with 4smartphone. I don't understand why I have had any problems whatsoever?

    I read EVERY POST on this thread before I posted this. the reason I did was to help troulbe shoot.

    thanks, cody
    The resend issue is ONLY once you entered a "Chat" with SMS. On single send it's totally fine.

    Are you sure you're having no issues when in a threaded chat?

    (I don't see how 4smartphone would have any bearing on this).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    the problem is that the +1-7044100000 does not stay when you put it in that field, it will blank out as soon as you exit.
    right but it does stay in the registry and wouldn't that in theory override the program anyway?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you know guy, I have the first cab installed and did the reg edits. I used totalcommander and removed the extra (inbox 1 and messaging 1) from programs folder and I don't and never had the resens from outbox problem or any error messages. could this be cause I have push email with 4smartphone. I don't understand why I have had any problems whatsoever?

    I read EVERY POST on this thread before I posted this. the reason I did was to help troulbe shoot.

    thanks, cody
    You won't notice unless you look. When you have a THREAD going (only when the thread process has started, a message from you and the other party) and you send a second reply, the message gets put in your "outbox" section for a few minutes before it is sent. If you go into your outbox, open the message, then resend, it will go immediately.
  4. #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Have the sprint message center numbers been posted or can someone link to them?,,,,,,, I DL this prog yesterday and have yet to change the vodaphone #'s

    P.S. why do we need to change the network configuration numbers?
    Because of the servers where the MMS files are stored for download by the receiving party
  5. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    the problem is that the +1-7044100000 does not stay when you put it in that field, it will blank out as soon as you exit.
    not if you edit them in the registry
  6. #326  
    I hadn't changed the vodaphone #'s and was able to send texts, I just changed them so I could send sms to email.
    Jimmie Geddes
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    not if you edit them in the registry
    The funniest thing is I NEVER made this change, and befoe I set up the email gateway #, and tried to send to an email address, I got the SMS notification that there was an error. In that SMS was that exact +1-704... number! I think it is automatic when you send an SMS on Sprint's network. Obviously it will be overridden by your phones settings if you change them. So I stand firm in my belief that this change isn't necessary (I am the if it isn't broke don't fix it type of guy lol).
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    The funniest thing is I NEVER made this change, and befoe I set up the email gateway #, and tried to send to an email address, I got the SMS notification that there was an error. In that SMS was that exact +1-704... number! I think it is automatic when you send an SMS on Sprint's network. Obviously it will be overridden by your phones settings if you change them. So I stand firm in my belief that this change isn't necessary (I am the if it isn't broke don't fix it type of guy lol).
    You are so missing the point.

    I got the SMS notification that there was an error.
    Right, so you enter in 6245 and this fixes that error! e.g. now when I SMS to an email address I get no error because I put 6245 in the email message center field. When I check my email, my SMS is there since it now went through.

    Got it? You HAVE to change this in order for SMS to email to work.

    You're obviously confusing email message center with SMS message center.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You are so missing the point.

    ...

    Got it? You HAVE to change this in order for SMS to email to work.
    you actually frustrated Mal, lol
  10. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you know guy, I have the first cab installed and did the reg edits. I used totalcommander and removed the extra (inbox 1 and messaging 1) from programs folder and I don't and never had the resens from outbox problem or any error messages. could this be cause I have push email with 4smartphone. I don't understand why I have had any problems whatsoever?

    I read EVERY POST on this thread before I posted this. the reason I did was to help troulbe shoot.

    thanks, cody
    I would say backup, hard reset, install threaded SMS and try the test....I can't believe yours is working right.....did you try the test I wrote out earlier in the thread? EVERYONE else is having the same problem, as to why you aren't is a mystery.
  11. #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    you actually frustrated Mal, lol
    lol, I'm getting there...

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #332  
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    the problem is that the +1-7044100000 does not stay when you put it in that field, it will blank out as soon as you exit.
    I have the same issue
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

    Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    You are so missing the point.



    Right, so you enter in 6245 and this fixes that error! e.g. now when I SMS to an email address I get no error because I put 6245 in the email message center field. When I check my email, my SMS is there since it now went through.

    Got it? You HAVE to change this in order for SMS to email to work.

    You're obviously confusing email message center with SMS message center.
    WOW!

    I was talking about the 1-704 number. read my posts again. Then have a beer!
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, I'm getting there...
    You should just write a step by step instruction for the lazy people who dont want to research
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

    Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
  15. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #335  
    one thing to note clearly is that not using threaded eliminates the resend bug. I know it eliminates the whole reason for having this app but I had to say it.

    Come on Palm, tomorrow morning at 10am PST would be a good time to release the update to add threaded messaging.
  16. #336  
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    You should just write a step by step instruction for the lazy people who dont want to research
    done
  17. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by H1DC View Post
    You should just write a step by step instruction for the lazy people who dont want to research
    or go to their house and do it for them
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    I would say backup, hard reset, install threaded SMS and try the test....I can't believe yours is working right.....did you try the test I wrote out earlier in the thread? EVERYONE else is having the same problem, as to why you aren't is a mystery.
    I know most of you guys think I'm crazy and don't understand how this app works and where the outbox is holding the messages. I tell you I KNOW WHAT I'm talking about. it works for me just fine. with a long chat going no problems.

    I don't want to argue. just telling you what I got.

    cody
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I know most of you guys think I'm crazy and don't understand how this app works and where the outbox is holding the messages. I tell you I KNOW WHAT I'm talking about. it works for me just fine. with a long chat going no problems.

    I don't want to argue. just telling you what I got.

    cody
    are you on Verizon or Sprint?

    It could be that this is a Sprint/gateway issue. Then again, other users on different networks seem to be experiencing it as well.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #340  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I know most of you guys think I'm crazy and don't understand how this app works and where the outbox is holding the messages. I tell you I KNOW WHAT I'm talking about. it works for me just fine. with a long chat going no problems.

    I don't want to argue. just telling you what I got.

    cody
    are you on verizon? if you are on sprint did you ever install the arcsoft mms hack?

Posting Permissions