Ask and you shall recieve my children. *tinkle tinkle*

http://rapidshare.de/files/37372837/...readed_SMS.zip

*farts on palm and flys away*
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoSMSFairy View Post
    Ask and you shall recieve my children. *tinkle tinkle*

http://rapidshare.de/files/37372837/...readed_SMS.zip

*farts on palm and flys away*
    That is hysterical. Can I leave a tooth under my pillow tonight also?? LOL

Just so you guys know: judging by the name, this is the original zip file WITH the smstrigger exe file.

And by the way:

I placed that smstrigger.exe file in my windows directory. All the errors are GONE! Message does move to the outbox, instead of sending, but thats not THAT bad, just another step
    lol, thanks Treo Fairy
    Jimmie Geddes
    oh thank you magic TreoSMSFairy whos identity will remain secret!
    Does anyone know the programmers at ppcgeeks???

They are the ones who wrote the MMS app for the 700w/wx. They definitely know the MMS configuration settings. We need to find those people and get the settings from them. Another step in the right direction....
    Littlepat, Wideawake didnt write that app, it was ripped from the xv6700 as a cab, and he modified it so you wouldnt have to do the registry settings. Arcsoft wrote the MMS app.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I love this forum!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
    Littlepat, Wideawake didnt write that app, it was ripped from the xv6700 as a cab, and he modified it so you wouldnt have to do the registry settings. Arcsoft wrote the MMS app.
    I see. Plan B???
    shadowmite has it now, he has pulled off miracles before
    And not only can you download threaded sms, while you are waiting, you can meet pretty girls in your area!
    For those of us who have already installed the first .cab, is it safe to install the new one on top of it?
  13.    #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    For those of us who have already installed the first .cab, is it safe to install the new one on top of it?
    Or necessary, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Or necessary, for that matter.
    Yes. Do we even need to do anything? As I understand it, the only difference is an executable file that AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $doesn$'$t$ $do$ $anything$ $yet$. $Until$ $the$ &$quot$;$Outbox$&$quot$; $issue$ $is$ $solved$, $unless$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $gurus$ $recommends$ $it$, $I$ $am$ $sticking$ $with$ $the$ $files$ $I$ $installed$ $this$ $morning$. $It$ $seems$ $to$ $be$ $working$ $fine$ $with$ $the$ $exception$ $of$ $the$ $sms$ $to$ $email$ $issue$ $and$ $the$ &$quot$;$resend$ $from$ $Outbox$&$quot$; $issue$.
    From XDA re: SMSTrigger

Concerning the problem of constant gwes.exe and device.exe errors, I placed the smstrigger.exe file in the windows folder and haven't seen the problem since. Hopefully it's gone for good.
    Others have confirmed this though it's still techncially up in the air. Something for those with this issue to think about...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    From XDA re: SMSTrigger

Others have confirmed this though it's still techncially up in the air. Something for those with this issue to think about...
    So what I want to know is....what are YOU doing?
    You can uninstall the first on eif you need to. But don't bother. Just download the smstrigger.zip (its just the exe file, not the program). Then extract the exe file and copy it to the windows dir.

I can confirm as strongly as I possibly can that this file fixed my exe error reporting issues. I got them every time, now I get them 0 times. And I used the first file, and just manually added the smstrigger.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    So what I want to know is....what are YOU doing?
    Well, I still have the basic 1st posted .cab installed.

I never had those gwes.exe errors. I also don't text much and with Sprint, there's kind of no point right now!

I am thinking of jumping ship for awhile and going back to old SMS.

Reason? It interfers with Verichat and SMS-relay. On a new chat initiation, it'd wake up my device with the new message (behind the scenes it was an SMS message). Now, the sms's go to my old inbox and come through as literal SMS messages not IMs.

Huge pain in the ****.

We'll see.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    when you say extract to the windows directory, can you tell me where and what you do to accomplish this? I have the smstrigger.exe in my programs folder on my treo. Where do I put it, and how do I install it? Thanks in advance
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well, that's interesting. I just decided to wait when I sent a message to one of my threaded friends. I went to the outbox but did not resend. It went out on its own within a minute. Maybe part of the delay is Sprint's f-ed up sms system?