Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mavick View Post
    ok has anyone noticed this? i can receive msgs and reply to the first message fine but if the thread is already created and i text message it doesn't send the text message.

im on a 700w.
    I have the same problem. Is there a solution?
    For all you getting error messages, did you change the network configuration?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    How did you guys install the SMS Trigger? I downloaded it. I put the zip file on my treo, as well as the smstrigger.exe. I'm not sure how to install it.
    I just extracted the file from the zip and copied over to the windows dir on the treo. It's not clear to me that this file is good since it doesn't seem to have any effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I just extracted the file from the zip and copied over to the windows dir on the treo. It's not clear to me that this file is good since it doesn't seem to have any effect.
    Can you post the smstrigger.exe file by itself? I can't get the cab to load over the old one, and it isn't listed in remove programs to delete it. I want so see if that exe file will fix the outgoing issue, if not, it's hard reset time. I think it is anyway really, as it read 1SMSUNREAD on my today screen still, and won't open the app from the shortcut there either. But I want to try the trigger app first. I am on a 6700 fyi.
    Just in case the question didn't get answered before concerning the inbox and inbox1 link on the program folder,,,,, use a file manager and delete the inbox1 link, same for messaging1 link.
    http://electricpocket.com/UAProf/Palm/PALM750_RC1.xml

Whats this from the registry? MMSUAProf ?
    Treo 700wx, Topram 4GB 150x

Anyone want a Treo 700p for $430 ?
    On the Edit Network Configuration screen I entered my phone number for the Email center number and I'm now able to send to myphone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com. The message center number never stays no matter what I put in.
    Last edited by dsam99; 10/19/2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Looks like it just sends the message back to you no matter where you send it. ...:(
    I copied the .exe over to my program files folder. Where's the Windows directory? When I opened it it said it couldn't be opened.

here's the smstrigger
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jimmie Geddes
    Weird issue now for me. When I do a soft reset for any reason, the "radio on" sound comes on and the phone vibrates every 10-20 seconds. This goes on ad nauseum until I receive a text message. Then it stops and the alerts start behaving normally. This started as soon as I installed threaded SMS. Does anyone else have this? Did I screw up something? I followed the instructions to the letter.
    Last edited by Brooose; 10/19/2006 at 11:59 AM.
    I copied the .exe over to my program files folder. Where's the Windows directory? When I opened it it said it couldn't be opened.

here's the smstrigger
    Thanks! Now I can't get it to launch/install. It doesn't seem to do anything. Where do I put it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
    Thanks! Now I can't get it to launch/install. It doesn't seem to do anything. Where do I put it?
    I'm in the same boat you are. I can't get it to install, it probably does nothing,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    The smstrigger.exe is here. Unzip it then copy to your \windows dir on the treo. Or you can wait for theloneranger to add it to his cab. I'm not sure that the other smstrigger.exe's floating around are valid executables.

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com...smstrigger.ZIP
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    it doesn't matter if it's in ur windows directory or not. doesn't fix the send delay
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The smstrigger.exe is here. Copy it to your \windows dir on the treo. Or you can wait for theloneranger to add it to his cab. I'm not sure that the other smstrigger.exe's floating around are valid executables.

So will this fix the chat thread manual sending problem?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    no, or at least not yet
    I'm in the same boat you are. I can't get it to install, it probably does nothing,lol.
    I placed it in my windows directory like others users said, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Messages still sit in the outbox.
    The smstrigger.exe is here. Unzip it then copy to your \windows dir on the treo. Or you can wait for theloneranger to add it to his cab. I'm not sure that the other smstrigger.exe's floating around are valid executables.

Should you be able to 'execute' this file? Because I cannot execute the one you just linked too.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    no, or at least not yet
    So what does thes file fix?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    So will this fix the chat thread manual sending problem?
    It is a missing component of the app. It doesn't appear to fix the delayed sending but it certainly has another purpose. Might be on the receiving side of things. Maybe related to directing mms to the app? Just a guess.
    Does nothing for me on my 6700