Page 10 of 85 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
    hey guys with the notice of something missing (smstrigger.exe) by a member over at xda (hannip, which looks as if hes a member here too ), I went and remade the .cab to include that along with the registry edits. Download this .cab and you will have no more delay in the sending of the messages....I hope yall enjoy as much as I do!
    ~Mike for PPCGeeks

PS Im working/trying to fix on the other issues.

Edit: Rushed it without fully testing so I removed the DL link. See below posts for explaination.
    Last edited by Wideawake; 10/19/2006 at 02:39 AM.
    PPC and PPC Phone edition forum
    PPC Freeware site where you can download directly to your ppc!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
    hey guys with the notice of something missing (smstrigger.exe) by a member over at xda (hannip, which looks as if hes a member here too ), I went and remade the .cab to include that along with the registry edits. Download this .cab and you will have no more delay in the sending of the messages....I hope yall enjoy as much as I do!
    ~Mike for PPCGeeks

PS Im working/trying to fix on the other issues.

Edit: File to big to upload so I moved to rapidshare for everyone to download.

http://rapidshare.de/files/37303674/...readed_SMS.zip
    i just installed this and im still having the messages wait in the outbox is there anything else i need to do?
    nope u should just install the .cab and when u send it should go right through. mine goes directly to the sent box. Im still playing with it.....I just created the .cab and well didnt throughly test it but thats what Im trying to do as of now.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mavick View Post
    i just installed this and im still having the messages wait in the outbox is there anything else i need to do?
    box up your phone and send it back to sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    box up your phone and send it back to sprint
    thats like the greatest idea ever why don't you go do that and report back to us.
    when I tested it I was in a threaded convo with myself since no one I know is up at this hour. And as soon as I sent it went through.....I just tried another while not in a threaded sms and it is like u said I rushed into it without FULLY testing it ....but the .exe was taken from the ROM I extracted it myself and the reg edits are there.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Well I'm awake if you want to send me messages, ROFL!
    Awake here too and glad you all are working on the sent delay
    This is great news, and I thank everyone for their efforts in both creating and testing this!
    How do we install this file? Where do we put it?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=124553&page=9

It's the one Hannip made, the file is with his post above.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sheesh,

Vijay555 already wrote an app for Palm messaging!
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280282

VJSlippyPalm - Toggles Palm Messaging
    So VJ's app allows you to get to SMS/MMS or EMail with a max of 2 button presses, is that the jist of it?

Also can anyone confirm that installing the palm messaging app automatically uninstalls the PPCGeeksSprintMMS program. I didn't think to uninstall it before installing the PalmMessaging but I looked and Its gone, not even an empty PPCGeeksSprintMMS folder in program files.

3rd question, Is everyone changing their settings? I still have the UK Vodaphone settings.
    I installed the file Hannip posted and don't notice any difference. Still have to hit re-send. I'm sure someone will figure it out.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Is anyone getting random alerts that appear to come from nowhere? After installing the threaded sms and doing the registry edits, sometimes my 700wx is vibrating and giving me phantom alerts. Any idea what this might be?
    Nobody Else Is Getting These Device.exe And Gwes.exe Errors?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooose View Post
    Is anyone getting random alerts that appear to come from nowhere? After installing the threaded sms and doing the registry edits, sometimes my 700wx is vibrating and giving me phantom alerts. Any idea what this might be?
    I am getting text messages from a 9067 number, but I think I was getting these sporatically before.
    OK, it seems that when I reply to a threaded msg, like stated before, the messages do not send. However, when I go to "resend" them, I get the gwes.exe error, then the palmmessaging.exe error and it kicks me out of the program. Every time. If this is not something that everyone else is getting as well then I am going to hard reset and try again. Someone please try and report when you can
    Did anyone else notice that the spell check option is gone from the new sms app? I really use that a lot being that my thumbs are too big for the keypad. Any reason why?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    On VZW 700w all is well except for the known issues of:

1 - Replies to threaded messages need to be 'resent'
    2 - Can't send sms message to e-mail address

LittlePat - I'm not having that problem..."resend" works for me.

As for "sms to e-mail" - I tried messing with the 'Edit Network Config' as well. No luck, but it does get rather interesting (at least on VZW) if you put your mobile number in the "Email center number" field. When I then try to send to my corporate e-mail address, I get an SMS on my Treo FROM my corporate e-mail.

(I hope there aren't any spammers reading this....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    nope.

though according to Wideawake, his threaded SMS on the 6700 is working fine (he has to test MMS yet) but stuff sends instantly.

So maybe we're just running into the Sprint/700wx/SMS bug?

I can't really test since I have no one to SMS that would work with the Sprint bug!
    I am on a 6700 and it ain't working here..... have to resend in the outbox as stated before.
    I tried to install the update that Wideawake put on XDA, but it says it cannot be installed on the device. I do have the earlier version on my phone, perhaps that needs to be removed.... however, it is NOT in my remove programs.....
    Last edited by gameboy213; 10/19/2006 at 09:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer10 View Post
    I am getting text messages from a 9067 number, but I think I was getting these sporatically before.
    Are you using Sprint Business Connect?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....