Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    How many of you got it?
    I read the complete contract and I don't see why they wouldn't cover the Treo 700wx or any other phone/smartphone for that matter.
    I think it is worth it considering many people paid a couple bills for this device.

Thoughts/inputs would be gladly appreciated.
    I did add the protection to my Treo 700wx Sprint plan. I think I'm paying a total of $6 per month for full protection.

To me it's definitely worth it. In the past, I've gone to put my old phone into it's holster thinking it's secured and "bang"...it hits the floor.

The Treo is too expensive and I personally would not consider it a "rugged" device to be bounced around.

Better safe than sorry.
    I have it as well. Well worth the $6 per month.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Yup, same here. $6 is like 1% of the total cost of the phone Well worth it IMHO.
    I have it too.. In the past I had a PPC 6700 with no insurance at all because when I knew the device wasnt insured, it was too late to insure it. After 10 months or so, my PPC was stolen. Never found it.
    Well now im more happy with my treo and with the $6 protection.
    Trust me, its worth.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpanah View Post
    How many of you got it?
    I read the complete contract and I don't see why they wouldn't cover the Treo 700wx or any other phone/smartphone for that matter.
    I think it is worth it considering many people paid a couple bills for this device.

Thoughts/inputs would be gladly appreciated.
    I have it. For $6.00 per month, it's too cheap to pass up. I paid $650.00 for my Treo and don't want to have to do that again.
    I have the $4 insurance a month plan since I just need it in case of loss, stolen, or damaged. I heard the Total Protection ($6) includes repairs...is that true?

Edit: I just found the answer. Good chart of all the insurance plans.

http://www.nextel.com/assets/images/.../tep_chart.jpg
    Last edited by Frenzytom; 10/18/2006 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Found Answer
    If you read the terms of the replacement program you'll see that it covers up to a $1000 loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    If you read the terms of the replacement program you'll see that it covers up to a $1000 loss.
    So my memory card and my case are included too?
    I'm a broker of insurance (on big stuff like oil refineries actually, not phones) and at first thought, "$6 a month? $72 a year seems kind of a high rate for a cell phone." And if you were buying a cell phone at, say, Best Buy, you could get 2 years of coverage for about $9 I reckon (though that would only really cover defects and direct physical damage by pure accident--whereas I would like to be covered for utter stupidity).

When I considered the replacement value of the phone/pda/mp3 player/. . . it didn't seem like such an insane rate for the coverage provided.

They really do mean TOTAL coverage--that's what sold me. They even cover corrosion, which is remarkable. I'll pay just so I don't have to worry about having $649+tx loss because I chose to save the cost of a Happy Meal every month instead of being a bit more carefree while I live a more active lifestyle than the average bear. I mean, let's face it, no matter what I do, this thing is likely to be actually strapped to me or presently in use. The chance of loss is rather high (in my case at least), so the premium seems fair.

Like I often say, no one is glad they saved money on their insurance after a loss occurs--always choose 'better' over 'cheaper.'
    Is it such a good deal even with the $50 deductible?
    Like ANY kind of insurance...someone will win and someone will lose! If you don't think its a great deal...then don't buy it. You will just pay more if you incur a loss...but you come out WAY ahead if you NEVER incur a loss. Personally, I am in the insurance business...and the way I clunk things around...heck yes I bought it! Now...I might just as well drop the coverage in a year or so IF the replacement value drops off significantly...but for a comparable unit I don't think it will.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i am Very accident prone... and well i origionaly bought a sprint treo 200? i think long long ago... and without purchasing a new phone just insurance replacements each time i am currently on a 700w... i tend to break or loose at least one a year...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I don't have any insurance on the phone. After over a year and a half, I have yet to drop it (which probably means I'll drop it tomorrow), and I have it in a protective case at all times.

I never purchase any of the extended warranty or protection plans when I buy anything. I mean, in the unlikely event that I break it, the cost of replacement is not going to be a life-changing thing.

I might consider it if there was no $50 deductible.